Scary Movie Night on Halloween, 10/31

HomeForumsIn ChengduScary Movie Night on Halloween, 10/31

• This topic has 27 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoBen.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Since most of us had our halloween party last saturday, I assume there won’t be much in the way of parties on Wednesday, Halloween. So let’s watch a scary movie or two instead.

I’m willing to host at my house, but I can only accomodate about 7 or 8 people. I have a flatscreen TV that should be okay for a crowd that size and we can prepare snacks and drinks, too. I have 3 people already committed so another 5 or so will be good.

Here’s a list of contenders for movies to watch:

The Lost Boys

Friday the 13th

Re-Animator

Gremlins

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter

Nightmare on Elm Street

Prometheus

Post here if you’re interested in joining.

Participant

I’m in! Down for anything, especially Abraham Lincoln or Prometheus

Participant

Wish i can come. . Work and worknight :(.. Though Abe Vamp hunter is an AWESOME movie!! Why? Unrealistic story and just hack a mole some vampires!! All action and shitty dialogue and story.

Participant

I’m in! I’ve never seen the lost boys so that’s my vote. I just watched Wes Craven’s People Under the Stairs last night, from 1981 i think. Super creepy. Definitely gets you in the holiday spirit.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Wish i can come. . Work and worknight :(.. Though Abe Vamp hunter is an AWESOME movie!! Why? Unrealistic story and just hack a mole some vampires!! All action and shitty dialogue and story.

I heard it was good. All of the candidate films are solid, but there are a few I haven’t seen. I haven’t seen any of them in the last 3+ years.

Quote:
    I’m in! I’ve never seen the lost boys so that’s my vote. I just watched Wes Craven’s People Under the Stairs last night, from 1981 i think. Super creepy. Definitely gets you in the holiday spirit.

I just downloaded that! I got it solely because I’m a PUTS (underground rap group) fan. I saw Event Horizon last week, that movie doesn’t make any sense but I still love it.

Quote:
    I’ve never seen the lost boys so that’s my vote.

That movie is so good… Definitely the best Kiefer Sutherland movie!

Participant

It is the time for scary movies, I’m also interested. We watched Wes Craven’s People Under the Stairs last night to get in the mood for Halloween. I’d check out Lost Boys, Gremlins (Although its more of Christmas movie), Re-Animator or Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.

Unfortunately, I have a work event that night. I may be able to make it by later though.

Participant

I wish I could join myself sounds like a great night, but unfortunately I can’t. I haven’t seen many horror movies over the past few years but Nightmare on Elm Street has always been my favourite.

Wes Craven’s People Under the Stairs will be one to look out for!

Charlie,

If you want to host more people, Lan Town or the Twist bar can do it. Both of them have projectors.

Participant

Candyman

Keymaster
    Quote:
    If you want to host more people, Lan Town or the Twist bar can do it. Both of them have projectors.

I considered that but I’d rather do it in the comfort of my home with an HDTV rather than a projector in a bar.

Cockneys vs. Zombies

Keymaster

We’re watching The Lost Boys. Movie trailer from 1987:

Quote:
    Cockneys vs. Zombies

Hahaha. Between this and Shaun of the Dead, England owns zombie satire.

Quote:
    We’re watching The Lost Boys

Fantastic movie. Do you have it in HD?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Fantastic movie. Do you have it in HD?

Sadly, no. I have a lot of 80’s movies in HD (Ferris Beuhler, Neverending Story, E.T., The Three Amigos, etc) but not Lost Boys.

Quote:
    Sadly, no. I have a lot of 80’s movies in HD (Ferris Beuhler, Neverending Story, E.T., The Three Amigos, etc) but not Lost Boys.

I can hook you up. I’ll drop you a message later.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I can hook you up. I’ll drop you a message later.

You da man, as usual. Thanks Ben.

Just watched Abraham Lincoln the vampire hunter. Awesome movie! Tim burton production, looooooooooved it!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just watched Abraham Lincoln the vampire hunter. Awesome movie! Tim burton production, looooooooooved it!

I heard it was good! I’m looking forward to watching it.

Downloaded from 66.cc. HD version. On my portable hard drive. Want it?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.