School Recommendations for 2-4 Year Olds?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSchool Recommendations for 2-4 Year Olds?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum and will be new to Chengdu as of early next year. 🙂 Must say that I’m very much looking forward to it.

I know there are already a few threads up on school recommendations, but I was wondering if anyone could share any recommendations for schools for younger kids (my kids turn 2 and 4 next year)? We aren’t entirely certain if we will be receiving an education allowance from my husband’s company so I’m doing the good homemaker thing and weighing out all the options before we commit to anything.

We are open to both international and local schools.

Thanks so much in advance!

Participant

Golden Apple Kindergarten comes to mind, they have several campuses around town. They have Chinese and foreign teachers, and tuition fees are high, so might help to have your husband’s company pay!

Keymaster

This might be exactly what you’re looking for. Published minutes ago: Raising a Child in China: Choosing a Kindergarten

Participant

Hi Kristen,

Welcome to Chengdu! We arrived in August and like it very much. Our daughters are 2 and 3.5. They are now attending Etonhouse international preschool and we’re very happy with it. If you would like to talk more about it PM me!

Kim

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the suggestions! Will definitely check them out. We’ll probably be doing a recce trip sometime next month so, hopefully, we’ll be able to pop by the schools to have a look-see and get a feel of the place as well.

Thanks much!

Participant

Does anyone else have any info to share? We are in the same boat, moving to chengdu, looking for a place for our 2.5 year old son. I’d love to hear some more options/reviews/experiences.

Participant

Eton House seems to be popular, but for little ones I am not sure. I will pass this information on to a woman I know who is well-connected in the kindergarten circle, and see what she has to say.

You can also check out http://www.themusicbox.cn

the Music Box is a good place to go and find out about this type of thing

Participant

Etonhouse takes kids from about 2 years, and next year they will start with a class from 18 months. They don’t have to be potty trained. There is a chinese division and international division.

There is a large number of local kindergartens ranging from very expensive to reasonable, but not all will take foreign kids and many have long waiting lists. You could try to have your real estate office or relocation company inquire by phone about the situation near your future area of living.

If you are not looking for a pre-school but rather for nice activities and occasions to meet other small kids (and parents :-)), MusicBox is a good option, as well as Gymboree and MyGym (both in Suning Plaza mall). There is also a variety of baby playgroups at private homes. A parent or caretaker has to be present in all these options, however.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.