Seeking Acupuncture Professional

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSeeking Acupuncture Professional

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My friend is coming to Chengdu in a week or so and she really wants to have a session with an acupuncture master, possibly at the Chinese medicine university. Can anyone recommend someone good or tell me how to connect with a professional at the medicine university?

Thanks!

Keymaster

I have a solid pro who I’ve been going to for a few years, he’s a doctor who does massage and acupuncture but he’s an esteemed traditional physician from what I hear. His number is 13258324850 and he’s located in Zong Bei. If he can’t treat you directly you can go there for a 25 yuan massage and get concrete information from him. Hope this helps-

Is this guy still rubbing people up Charlie? I need a good massage therapist, and acupuncture would be an added bonus! 25 yuan sure beats the $110 per session im used to paying too!

Keymaster

There’s another group of folks doing massage at the same spot that my dude was at! I didn’t know until the last time I went, a few weeks ago. You can still get the same kind of massage there for the same price but I’m not sure if they do acupuncture. You can find a bunch of places that do it, but look for an old man in a lab coat. Then you know it’s the real deal!

Participant

have a large writing desk and mounting room? I’m looking for a place like ZhiSanChLou , as a venue to practice calligraphy and mounting

Did this thread just take a hilarious turn? I’m all for mounting, but I feel more information is required beforehand!!

Participant

I lol’ed so hard !

So, Charlie, have you found this acupuncturist again or is he gone towards the 4 winds? I am also searching for a professional or trusted practicioner..

Hey Nele, I just noticed this thread got a bump…

I put my back out in the gym badly several weeks ago, and I went and had 5 treatments over several days at a clinic close to my home. I basically couldn’t walk properly when I first injured myself, but was back training heavy within 2 weeks thanks to these guys.

This map link will direct you to a plaza. Take the steps up to the first floor, walk straight ahead and then take a right turn at the end of the corridor and the clinic is on the left side at the end. It doesn’t look like much, but they were great. I paid just under 500 rmb for 5 treatments, which included registration, and then 30 minutes acupuncture and 30 minutes massage/acupressure per session.

Let us know how you get on.

Participant

Ha ha, had a good chuckle there myself 🙂

Participant

Hi Brendan, thanks for getting back to me. Glad to hear that these guys were able to sort you out in a jiffy. I am seeking an acupuncturist for a more systemic condition that requires delicate handling, though. Do you think they are equipped for these kinds of matters? Also, how is their English?

It’s an acupuncture clinic, but they will also include acupressure if it’s necessary. Some of the vertebrae in my lumber were jammed up, so they manipulated them back into place once the acupuncture had released the tissue in spasm around the spine.

The female Dr./owner speaks no English, but there is a younger guy who does speak enough. I think from memory clinic times are 10-12am Mon-Sat, and 2-4pm Mon-Fri.

Participant

That does sound like a good quality place then, any chance you may also have the clinics name and phone number?

You want my blood too!? Sorry, I don’t have either. It’s a drop in clinic anyway, they basically treat several people at once dependent on how many show up to each session. Just get yourself and try them out, I’m sure you’ll be pleased you did.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.