I Don't Understand Foreigners

HomeForumsIn ChengduI Don't Understand Foreigners

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

to some of you gweilos…

if u hate china so much, why dont u get out… nobodys forcing u to stay here…can we just chill and enjoy what this country can offer….

peace out…

p.s. looking for a work out body and lol partner…..

debaters welcomed~

Participant

to some of you (no, just you)

if u hat gweilo so much, y u go to expats websiteses n troll.

Participant

to some of you (no, just you)

if u hat gweilo so much, y u go to expats websiteses n troll.

keyword “some”… u didnt have to include urself dude.. lol

sometimes i come across a foreigner, and i pretend i dont speak english… some of them say stuff thats so stupid… it hurts… -_-

Keymaster

If you would like to encourage debate, you should try saying something remotely intelligent.

Participant

Plz explain or give examples with context on what you mean.

Participant

gweilo…  cantonese…

Participant

Lawrence, I think you’ve identified the problem in your title. If you’ve spoken with foreigners and what you’ve taken away is that they hate china, then yes, you don’t understand foreigners. Yes, we love to point out the flaws and quirks that make this country unique and so farfetched from our respective countries, but this is almost always to make light of them. I can’t help but giggle when I have to maneuver around huge potholes in the unlit streets to my apartment. I was doubled over laughing when I saw a truck drive past with sparks flying out from the steel wires that it was dragging up the road.

Keymaster

Lawrence, I think you’ve identified the problem in your title.

For the record, I changed the title to reflect what’s going on here. I’m sure we’re all happy to help Lawrence get a better understanding of foreigners 🙂

If you’ve spoken with foreigners and what you’ve taken away is that they hate china, then yes, you don’t understand foreigners.

I think the incontrovertible fact that China can be a very difficult place to live is misconstrued by people like Lawrence as hate. I don’t think I know any foreigners who hate China – if any of us hate it, we can leave at any time. If you’re Chinese and you have it, best of luck to you, because your chances of getting out are very slim. The experience of living here as an expat and as a local are two vastly different experiences, also – despite the language and cultural hurdles, life is infinitely easier as an expat, especially from developed Western countries.

Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Callum wrote:</div>
    Lawrence, I think you’ve identified the problem in your title.

For the record, I changed the title to reflect what’s going on here. I’m sure we’re all happy to help Lawrence get a better understanding of foreigners :)

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Callum wrote:</div>
    If you’ve spoken with foreigners and what you’ve taken away is that they hate china, then yes, you don’t understand foreigners.

I think the incontrovertible fact that China can be a very difficult place to live is misconstrued by people like Lawrence as hate. I don’t think I know any foreigners who hate China – if any of us hate it, we can leave at any time. If you’re Chinese and you have it, best of luck to you, because your chances of getting out are very slim. The experience of living here as an expat and as a local are two vastly different experiences, also – despite the language and cultural hurdles, life is infinitely easier as an expat, especially from developed Western countries.

my chances of getting out are very slim? LMAO XD

if you happened to notice, chinese dont speak english like this…

i’ve lived in the untied states of murica for 4 yrs… and trust me, i hated it to death….

i know you changed my title…. but thats not what i meant….

i know foreigners pretty well….. better than 99% of the native chinese…

theres no doubt that a horde of trash from other countries came here and they leave a hell lot of mess wherever they go…

i didnt point fingers at anyone here… im just ranting about what ive observed……

Participant

Lawrence, you are a true badass (Chuck Norris level). In a single post, my man Lawrence mentions:

Get the Fuck Out: oh, you mean “Love It or Leave It?” You know Bill O’Reilly? Fox News? He’s fond of this catchphrase. Chinese in the US suffer discrimination? Hey baby, tough shit. “Love It or leave It” Racial profiling of Arab_born Americans? “Don’t like it? Get the Fuck Out!”

*Peace out: Lawrence is also a chilled dude, as evidenced by this quaint new-agey hippism generally not heard since the Clinton was in office.

*he works out (hence the Chuck Norris level badassness). “Bro, do you even lift?” Evidently, Lawrence does. Reps? i’ll spot you buddy. Shit, we can even post it on youtube. Blocked in China? That sucks.
    YOU DON’T LIKE IT THAT IT’S BLOCKED? GET THE FUCK OUT!

Participant

and life is infinitely easier as an expat? right, english teacher…. lol

if western countries are so well developed, what brings you all the way to the slum of ching chong land. i can easily say that china beats most of the western countries now, b*tch please, its 2013…… world is changing….

Keymaster

and life is infinitely easier as an expat? right, english teacher…. lol

I’m not an English teacher, but yes, just like English teachers. How much does the average Chinese teacher get paid? Almost nothing. Compare that to what a foreign english teacher makes in China. It’s roughly 100x the average Chinese wage. That’s how so many expat English teachers in China work 15 hours a week while the average Chinese person is working harder than almost anyone else on earth for wages that are, on average, among the lowest on earth.

if western countries are so well developed, what brings you all the way to the slum of ching chong land. i can easily say that china beats most of the western countries now, b*tch please, its 2013…… world is changing….

If you have to even ask this question, it’s pretty obvious that you are deaf to any outside information. Sadly, one of the hardships of China is occasionally encountering people who are both ignorant and bitter, like yourself. I do find it ironically hilarious when spiteful Chinese people try to tell expats about what the world is like.

Participant

“b*tch please, its 2013” – actually I believe the popularity of “Bitch, please” is more in the 90’s. I’d also wager by your obvious ignorance and hate that you were likely in elementary school around that time. I find it amusing you refer to China as “ching chong land”. It’s also amusing that you presume everyone is an English teacher. RE: “beats most of the western countries”, I don’t even know where to start, or what that means, maybe *you* can teach *me* some Engrish, “ching chong man”?

Participant

Lawrence, lots of anger there, buddy. What happened in the states, some humiliating, painful stuff? Those big black guys in Union Square say some shit to the Chinese girls, and you didnt stand up to them? The football players/jocks score all the chicks (even the chinese ones)? The mexicans in the gym make you feel small, weak, laugh and call you Chino? Nobody give a flying fuck where you come from cos of the unrivalled multiculturalism of (most) American society? You thought you were special? People gonna ask you about Mao and kungfu? Lawrence, it’s ok, everyone hurts. Except Chuck Norris. He sees hurt and hurt flees in terror.
    Let’s hug it out buddy. Those bad Mexicans laughed at me too… 🙂

Participant

im not angry… people can tell whos all hot and bothered here….

yes, people ask stupid questions in the states but thats just becuz there are stupid…. i have tons of intelligent friends, and thats also why i dont make friends in the ghetto….

charlie was saying that expat get paid 100x as average chinese people… lol

the average salary is now staring at 3,000 RMB, lol…. if you make that much money, do u drive a porsche or do u drive a lambo… wait, you prolly ride an ebike….

chinese people are not poor right now, its you who should open up your eyes and take a good look at your surroundings… what makes u think chinese are poor when in the states people drive old honda from the 90s and people cant even afford college without student loan…. theres an old chinese saying “当局者迷,旁观者清”. maybe u should look it up

Participant

“what makes u think chinese are poor” Definitely not the statistically 700,000,000 or so considered to be living in poverty 🙁

Just because your mommy managed to bang an old man who sold his soul for gov’t relationships to afford to get you beyond the poverty line doesn’t mean the country is loaded. The average salary, starting at 3000rmb in the city, is great, far beyond the 900 or so waitresses made for 10 hour days 6 days a week a couple years ago….but doesn’t extend to the hundreds of millions of people who live outside of major cities, 3000rmb is about $450usd/month? Wow, ROCKIN’ THE HIGH LIFE SON. By the way I think last year the average salary in Chengdu proper was actually 2400/month incl benefits/bonuses.

Participant

my mama didnt bang nobody to get us where we are right now. they worked for it.

900RMB for waitresses? last time i checked, they get paid for 2000 RMB in average. 450usd/month, that doesnt even cover ur drugs in the u.s right? but people can live a good life here for 450usd per month. and im not even going to say how much people around me makes, becuz you prolly cant make that much in ur whole life.

Participant

Those big black guys in Union Square say some shit to the Chinese girls, and you didnt stand up to them?

It’s a  hard situation man!  :]

The mexicans in the gym make you feel small, weak, laugh and call you Chino?

Some people just like racial jokes.Not hurt anymore.

And about teaching, since the GVMT don’t care about how much money or how much time the Chinese teachers are making, so what, just a collapse of education. So the family who got a better situation will pay more to get better education for there kids. It’s just what happening in here, government’s officers or celebrities are busy moving there ass or there family’s asses oversea, and rub as much they can from here. Can’t see any hope for further, cause it’s never about expats or local, it’s about where is the value of being a Chinese and keep living here. While most of people can’t find it anywhere. That’ why comes China Dream(get rich – no matter how, go immigration, haha).A hope give to people while everyone knows its bullshit.

Participant

i have to declare that, im only here to rant about those unacceptable behaviors ive encountered. i hate it when an out-lander trash comes here and they act like they are the queen B and they dont give two shit about other peoples feeling.

Participant

thats just becuz there are stupid

I’m crying laughing at my desk. Well It’s time to get back to doing something constructive with my life, and hating this country I choose to live in. I can no longer be arsed to read angry pseudo-factoids of drivel that this 14 year old kid is churning out.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.