I Don't Understand Foreigners

HomeForumsIn ChengduI Don't Understand Foreigners

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hell i havent even told anyone ive been to america unless they are my close friend

Except in your post, you realise posts are attached to your user name yes? “my family and I immigrated to the United States of America 5 years ago”. The post titled “Looking for friends” — clearly you’re still looking for friends, I’d guess very few people have interest in keeping contact with a sad, angry, insecure, possibly schizo like you. Let me refresh your post from yesterday re: training partners:

p.s. looking for a work out body and lol partner…..

People are being too nice to you on this thread, tbh. I guess they’re taking the high road when dealing with an obvious gutter troll.

Participant

hell i havent even told anyone ive been to america unless they are my close friend

Except in your post, you realise posts are attached to your user name yes? “my family and I immigrated to the United States of America 5 years ago”. The post titled “Looking for friends” — clearly you’re still looking for friends, I’d guess very few people have interest in keeping contact with a sad, angry, insecure, possibly schizo like you. Let me refresh your post from yesterday re: training partners:

p.s. looking for a work out body and lol partner…..

People are being too nice to you on this thread, tbh. I guess they’re taking the high road when dealing with an obvious gutter troll.

whatever, keep calling me names.. like its gonna hurt me….

Participant

Rick, i find you are really hateful and judgmental…

first you said my mom banged an old rich guy to get money, and then u are calling me names…

do u even know me? do i need to care?

Participant

Rick, i find you are really hateful and judgmental…

preluded by

to some of you gweilos…
    if u hate china so much, why dont u get out…
    theres no doubt that a horde of trash from other countries came here
    right, english teacher…. lol
    what brings you all the way to the slum of ching chong land
    wait, you prolly ride an ebike….
    becuz you prolly cant make that much in ur whole life.

Pot, meet kettle.

Keymaster

Participant

...lol

Well then.

Nothing to see here. Move along please.

Participant

Lawrence Li.  I’m with Natooke.  We sell fixed gear and single speed bicycles for city use.  Too much for your budget?  We are happy to point you in the right direction to get a fine bike at a reasonable cost (not something stolen and sold second-hand).

We also regularly host events that attract people of all varieties, both foreigners and locals, young, old, men and women.  It’s a good time.  Plenty of information can be found regularly on this forum.

Hope to see you around!

Participant

A+++ trolling, would read again. Became pretty apparent at “for realz” / “plz” / etc. If you need to vent about an exchange between a foreigner and a bus boy then you probably have bigger problems in life. Try harder and suck less, Lawrence.

Participant

I am  a Chinese,  i would say bad behavior do exist  here. Cheating, ignorance , from the food we buying to ask a plumber to home to fix something , from run a small restautant  to other part.

If i totally denying  this i know  i am lying, i can’t say because this is my country so everything is right.

We lived here everybody have eyes.

I  can jump out when somebody say china is not good, but this doesn’t  help any thing.

下面的话写给中国人,每个人以自己的眼睛看世界,不能以书本上的描述来画一个国家和人民,这个国家即使过是我们的祖国,我们能否认它如此众多的丑陋面吗?如果是那样的话,我们是诚实的吗?如果存在,但是不允许别人说,那么我们又公正吗? 我也试图 维护这个国家和人民,但是最后发现真是自扇耳光,事实就在那里,大家有眼睛,这都不是发展不发展国家可以来解释的了,各种混乱,这始终和人有关。

不谈发达不发达,只光谈人。你敢放心的买东西吗?你敢放心的相信一家餐厅的食物吗?你敢放心的开一个餐厅不怕手下人偷材料,加价格,把顾客单私自加上钱,算了帐再悄悄私下吞掉不打入收银机吗?不要说你没接触就不知道,我现在发现这种是普遍现象,你是中国人,你的同胞也真会做很多你自己都被坑了还不知道的事。 这些东西我们自己也在承受着,你的人民会做很多让你哭笑不得的事。假设还强硬着说我们是伟大而完美的,我觉得真的扯不下去了。

Participant

来自一个陌生人善意的提醒,假设你去一家小餐厅吃饭,结帐的时候一定要自己算一次帐,虚报客人消费金额,收了钱后,吞掉多余部分,再打入收银机是一种普遍做法。作为老板,你会想哭。。。作为顾客你也会想哭。。。

3个人消费了实际300元,付钱却给400元。还一直在结帐的时候喊打折。这也是亲爱中国人民做的事啊,坑的也是我们自己亲爱的中国同胞。

好笑不?

Keymaster

We lived here everybody have eyes. I can jump out when somebody say china is not good, but this doesn’t help any thing.

I think Chinese people and foreigners fundamentally approach problems differently. Foreigners, especially Americans (as Collin pointed out already), are apt to vocalize problems in the interest of improving them. I feel that in many ways there’s a sense of futility built into modern Chinese society. I believe this is a symptom of the rigid systems of control and discipline which exist throughout so many facets of Chinese society – education, the workplace, history (Confucius), politics, and so on. Foreigners are accustomed to seeing problems and saying “Hey, that, I don’t like it” which brings about discussion, debate, and critical analysis. Another way of saying that is we approach problems with the Socratic method of inquiry and discussion.

来自一个陌生人善意的提醒,假设你去一家小餐厅吃饭,结帐的时候一定要自己算一次帐

好建议!但我自己觉得很少会在成都小餐厅被骗了. 在北京或上海遇到这种情况比较正常吧, 特别是来自国外的顾客

Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>linka999 wrote:</div>
    We lived here everybody have eyes. I can jump out when somebody say china is not good, but this doesn’t help any thing.

I think Chinese people and foreigners fundamentally approach problems differently. Foreigners, especially Americans (as Collin pointed out already), are apt to vocalize problems in the interest of improving them. I feel that in many ways there’s a sense of futility built into modern Chinese society. I believe this is a symptom of the rigid systems of control and discipline which exist throughout so many facets of Chinese society – education, the workplace, history (Confucius), politics, and so on. Foreigners are accustomed to seeing problems and saying “Hey, that, I don’t like it” which brings about discussion, debate, and critical analysis. Another way of saying that is we approach problems with the Socratic method of inquiry and discussion.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>linka999 wrote:</div>
    ???????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????. ?????????????????, ??????????

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????~

????????????????????????????????

???????~

???????????

Participant

中国人因该学会说,是,我做错了,我改正。

Participant

~~~~~~~永远都是社会价值和文化问题。还有就是环境,就像贪污,别人都在贪污的时候你不可能不贪污。别人都在黑心赚钱的时候,你善心就被吃掉了。

Participant

~~~~~~~永远都是社会价值和文化问题。还有就是环境,就像贪污,别人都在贪污的时候你不可能不贪污。别人都在黑心赚钱的时候,你善心就被吃掉了。

是的。

但是这样的后果让人害怕。最后每个人都成为作俑者和受害者。

Participant

中国本来就不是一个宗教国家,没有信仰,价值观就会非常脆弱的受其他因素影响。在这个‘大池子’里,一些人可能会被灌输错误价值观洗脑,一些人可能会迷茫去简单的给自己找一个价值,一些人会自己寻找道路,但在外面看起来就是一团污水。中国人应该去找到自己作为中国人的那个价值(那个古代的中国,而不是1949年以后这样的复杂体),而不是因为生在中国就叫中国人(当然,坏名声已经出去了,比如旅游中的中国人)。

So if anyone can read chinese  or find a english translated version of this writer name LuXun’s (鲁迅’s) books ,  you will probably know more about modern china. He writes books sarcastic Chinese, not because he hate them, but because he love this land this culture, but can’t change what people are and the society.

Participant

富二代 vs. the Laowai’s. God tier fucking thread.

Foreigners are accustomed to seeing problems and saying “Hey, that, I don’t like it” which brings about discussion, debate, and critical analysis.

Coming on an expat forum and complaining about foreigners in China is, in fact, complaining about China. Spend enough time in America and it starts rubbing off on you.

I like so many others on this forum have been in China a long time and have come across a few “locals” who have gone to the U.S. or Canada for a few years and then returned to China feeling superior to most Chinese and victimized by most foreigners.

Knew a guy like this in college, minus about 1/2 of the vitriol. Dude could party twice as hard as any of us and spent like it was Monopoly. I wouldn’t have called him chill, but of course we hung out with him, who the fuck doesn’t like money?

Party on Lawrence, keep on keepin it real. Just take it easy with the lollers, those guys can turn you into an asshole.

Participant

This whole thread has taught me a valuable lesson: you see a turd on the sidewalk, you ignore it.

Keymaster

So if anyone can read chinese or find a english translated version of this writer name LuXun’s ???’s? books , you will probably know more about modern china. He writes books sarcastic Chinese, not because he hate them, but because he love this land this culture, but can’t change what people are and the society.

Great suggestion, ?? is fantastic. We published an article about him a few years ago: The Murky Evolution of the Chinese Education System

Coming on an expat forum and complaining about foreigners in China is, in fact, complaining about China. Spend enough time in America and it starts rubbing off on you.

To me it sounds like he’s content with China but outraged by the fact that expats vocalize their hardships with China. No grievances allowed, apparently, hence the “Love it or leave it” sentiment à la Bill O’Reilly.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.