Shipping from Chengdu to USA

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionShipping from Chengdu to USA

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I would like to send some Chinese souvenirs etc to America for xmas gifts. Does anybody know a reliable shipping company in Chengdu? Thanks!

reviving this. Has anyone shipped anything? I’m looking at EMS and according to their website it costs almost 400RMB to send a 1.5kg package. 我靠…

Participant

I shipped stuff to Oz (from Hangzhou, mind you) in the past with regular China Post, arrived in a month and was about 90 and 140 rmb respectively for boxes of clothes and shoes.

Participant

I need to ship things back too, anyone can do a step by step detail? Or is this the same as postal service in the states. Walk into an office, give them box and money, thus finally, off it goes into the abyss?

Participant

JerryS, for shipping stuff via China Post I did exactly as you describe – walked into a China Post, had them explain the options.. they gave me two cardboard boxes and I loaded my shit into them, they taped them up, paid blah blah about 4/5 weeks later they arrived in Melbourne. Was extraordinarily straightforward and easy.

Participant

Noted, thanx for the info!!

Participant

When I shipped stuff within China by China Post they did a small check what I was shipping and I had to remove money (foreign currency I saved for later use), liquids (perfume), maybe other things I can’t remember, probably DVD’s.

Of course you can add them (illegally) by prepacking some things and put the above mentioned things in the bottom as they don’t search that thoroughly.

Also remember to add a sender’s address (incase they can’t deliver it maybe). I didn’t had any at that time as I was moving, so I had to phone a friend for his address.

Paid china post a visit today to ask. They told me that to ship a shoebox I would have to purchase one of their boxes to put it in for 9rmb. If i wanted to get it to the US within 7-10 days, express would cost me 315rmb (for 1.5kg).

I’ll be investigating this myself shortly. There must be a more efficient and cost effective alternative to the prices quoted above. :/

Just for the record it cost me a total of 559RMB to ship a 2kg shoe box EMS express at China Post to New York.

I yell obscenities every time I think about it.

Participant

After the EXPO was over in Shanghai I remember going with my ex to China Post, she bought a big weird waxy cardboard box, filled it with shoes, sex toys, a suit I had made and some appreciation plaques from the US gov’t. It cost about 300RMB to send a big box to the east coast. Granted it took 3 months to get there, (boat) this seemed like an okay deal.

soon i will be sending my three year collection of books, clothes, sex toys, and traditional Chinese trinkets back to the states.

hoping i can get similar rate? what did you send in a shoebox Ziich? did you need to send it super fast?

Inside the shoebox was… a pair of shoes. Weighing about 2-2.5kg. I needed it to get there quick so 5-10 day express (特快) was my only option.

By boat was significantly cheaper. They said it would take about a month.

Yesterday I tried a Chinese freight forwarding company that chooses China Post EMS, FEDEX, UPS, DHL etc depending on your needs. I was able to send off a 5kg box for 400RMB. They said it’d get there in 5 days.

…sex toys? nevermind, I don’t want to know

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.