Sichuan Opera This Week

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSichuan Opera This Week

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

All tickets bought and paid for, hooray! Anyone got any suggestions for a dinner venue? xx

Participant

Thanks Lucy for getting the tickets. Dinner before would be great but I don’t know any specific restaurants in that area. There are quite a few restaurants around, the ones on Qintai Lu 琴台路 are a bit pricier but think there are a few restaurants just off Qintai Lu, on Jinli Xi Lu 锦鲤西路 or at the opposite end by Tong hui men Lu 通惠门路.

No problem! Annoyingly, I think I will now have to work too late to come for dinner. BOO. We can meet there though – the agency I booked through have kindly said they’ll get someone to meet us at the gate of the culture park on Qin Tai Road at 7.45pm. She’s called Yumiko and her number is 13699054575. If for any reason you have a problem and can’t reach me (13882239592), just give her a call.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, if massively jealous to be missing dins!

L xx

Lucy- Bummer about working late! Btw, how much are the tickets?

Anyone else still up for dinner before? Iona?

Participant

Sure, Valerie. I’ll meet Sandi at Tong Hui Men Metro Station. We can all meet there at say 6:15 (if Yumiko will meet us at 7:45) & then go to find a restaurant. What do you think? My number is 18628069263 for anyone who wants to meet up.

Ach, have a lovely dinner! The tickets are 160 each. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Ach, have a lovely dinner! The tickets are 160 each. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Looking forward to it! I’ll see everyone at Qintai Lu at 7:45pm.

Good stuff Charlie!

I have a small favour to ask on behalf of Lino – does anyone have the address in Chinese characters? Can’t seem to locate it!

Thanks!

L x

Participant

I’ve got it, Lucy. Will text Lino x

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I have a small favour to ask on behalf of Lino – does anyone have the address in Chinese characters? Can’t seem to locate it!

成都琴台路

Participant

Sandi, my hero! I’m living far out so I cant make the dinner. See you all at Quintai Lu at 7.45!

Thanks guys! Sterling stuff!

Keymaster

This was fun! I met a bunch of new people and I think around 10 people came. Photos from last night:

Opera.jpg

Opera2.jpg

Opera3.jpg

Opera4.jpg

Opera5.jpg

Opera6.jpg

Opera7.jpg

Opera8.jpg

We ended up finding a really cool bar afterwards called TigerTiger which I hadn’t been to or heard of. Thanks Lucy for organizing everyone and even getting tickets for us.

That last photo looks like a giant bong but it’s actually a meter-tall beer dispenser.

Participant

Lucy, Thanks for organising this. It was really cool and Tigertiger is absolutely a recommender for people wandering around in the neighbourhood

Awwww you guys! You are too kind. Thank you all for coming, it was such a cool night – let’s definitely do something again soon. THanks for the photos Charlie!

Participant

If you go again, I would love to join.

Participant

Yeh, thanks Lucy. You’re a star!!

And thanks for the pics Charlie. Hope you don’t sue for copyright! 😉

Participant

I just went to see the Shu Feng Ya Yun show last night. Too bad they didn’t have the act with the lady spinning a jars with her legs. But there was a very interesting guy with a bugle making sounds I never thought possible! But by far the most entertaining was the emcee, trying to understand her English. I was amused thinking that perhaps she has perfect English and purposely slurs her words to sound posh.

150 RMB bought us really great seats on the 3rd row just off center.

SANY0078-S.jpg

SANY0080-S.jpg

SANY0107-S.jpg

SANY0089-S.jpg

SANY0117-S.jpg

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just went to see the Shu Feng Ya Yun show last night. Too bad they didn’t have the act with the lady spinning a jars with her legs. But there was a very interesting guy with a bugle making sounds I never thought possible! But by far the most entertaining was the emcee, trying to understand her English. I was amused thinking that perhaps she has perfect English and purposely slurs her words to sound posh.

Great photos Truman! Feel free to post feedback here: Shufeng Opera House.

I don’t remember seeing the trumpet player (that looks interesting), but we saw the same clown act. They’re all the same but I still like that one.

The host is definitely impossible to understand in English. It’s like she’s trying to sound like she’s speaking English but not actually worried about communicating anything.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.