Skyfall

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Django is awesome. You can download the DVD screener at your local torrent provider, and I would say it’s not one of the type of films you need to see in theater to get the full viewing pleasure out of it..

Participant

Too late to edit but one thing that stuck out in Django – Christopher Waltz (Dr. Schultz).. I really thought it was John Malkovich. Not just in terms of how he looked, but his phraseology and how he spoke, could have swapped in Malkovich and it’d have been the same movie.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Django is awesome. You can download the DVD screener at your local torrent provider, and I would say it’s not one of the type of films you need to see in theater to get the full viewing pleasure out of it..

I don’t think it will come out in theaters here but I’m holding out for the HD version. I don’t mind waiting. I just saw Prometheus for the first time two nights ago. Beautiful movie.

Participant

RE: HD

To be honest I don’t think HD will make much of an enjoyment impact either – most of the movie is filmed in a traditional tarantino-esque gritty style.. maybe it’s even better to watch the non-HD version 🙂

So official release date for Skyfall is January 21st. Can’t wait.

I just got hold of the Oscar consideration copy of Django (don’t you just love piracy!), so will be enjoying that with some friends tomorrow evening. ‘Killing Them Softly’ is another movie I’ll be watching over the weekend, been looking forward to that for a while.

Quote:
    Too late to edit but one thing that stuck out in Django – Christopher Waltz (Dr. Schultz).. I really thought it was John Malkovich.

I just watched the first 5 minutes this morning and that opening scene is all Christopher Waltz. I dig Malkovich too, but Waltz just nails it when he plays calm, calculating, self assured characters. One of the first movies I saw him in was ‘Ordinary Decent Criminal’, a half decent Irish gangster flick starring Kevin Spacey, with an early appearance from Colin Farrell. Waltz had a small role as an art dealer, and managed to stand out in his all but 3 minutes on screen.

Quote:
    I just saw Prometheus for the first time two nights ago. Beautiful movie.

Great looking movie, just a shame that the plot doesn’t really go anywhere. Michael Fassbender is awesome though as usual, if any of you have yet to watch ‘Shame’ you should check it out. As disappointing as Prometheus was, it obviously did enough business for there to have just been announced there will be a sequel. Hollywood loves knocking out 7 out of 10’s!!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    To be honest I don’t think HD will make much of an enjoyment impact either – most of the movie is filmed in a traditional tarantino-esque gritty style.. maybe it’s even better to watch the non-HD version 🙂

Unless by gritty you mean the film is out of focus, I have to disagree Rick. I like seeing details. If it were practical, I’d insist on seeing this one in the theater. Since it isn’t, I’ll just insist on seeing this in HD and emulating the theater experience as closely as I can.

Quote:
    don’t get me started on de Niro/Pacino. Could be a whole new shark-jumping thread right there……

I don’t think there’s any saving Al ‘Shouty Pants’ Pacino anymore, he’s made so many bad movies in the last 10 years that the coffin is only one nail shy from shut. The last enjoyable role he had was in ’99 when he played ‘Tony D’Amato’ in Any Given Sunday. After ’88 Minutes’ there was no saving him.

I did just watch ‘Being Flynn’ with De Niro and Paul Dano. A little bit touchy feely, but De Niro shows some long absent grit in his role as a guy on a downward spiral toward homelessness and mental illness. I enjoyed it.

Another movie in pre-production right now for De Niro is ‘The Comedian’, which is due out later this year. High hopes for that.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just got hold of the Oscar consideration copy of Django

Yup, it’s a DVD screener, step above VHS quality. This has been a good season for screeners getting leaked. Screen capture of the current Django release:

django.jpg

Quote:
    I don’t think there’s any saving Al ‘Shouty Pants’ Pacino anymore, he’s made so many bad movies in the last 10 years that the coffin is only one nail shy from shut.

Agree. No point in even keeping up with Al Pacino anymore. He has so many good movies from the 80’s and 90’s though, just re-watch those every 5 years.

Quote:
    He has so many good movies from the 80’s and 90’s though, just re-watch those every 5 years.

Totally. ‘Heat’ remains at the top of that pile for me, it’s safe to say I will end up watching that at least once a year. Michael Mann par excellence.

Participant

No Django but new “Xi Yang Yang” film opens Jan.24. Love those crazy sheep (goats?)….

Participant

the skyfall is scheduled to release here @ jan. 21. all the reviews have pointed out the plot was not solid. i’ll watch it just for the heck of it anyway.

@ Ray: Quentin Tarantino? the kill bill, the pulp fiction, the death proof …… need i say more?

Participant

@Vic; I’m a huge QT fan. Guy pretty much hasn’t made a turkey (Deathproof? Not stellar, but worthy). Personally, i very much dig Jackie Brown…

Vic, not a Xi Yang Yang fan? Man, some good stuff there…good way to practice Chinese too….

Participant

Just got Django screener. Hope its good. Well, im a Leo fan girl, so already drooling for him!

Participant

I should have been sleeping, but Django is an awesome movie! I mean Bill Bellamy is such a great main character actor!!!! 😛 Of course Christoph Waltz takes the cake once again, a superb thespian!

man, this movie RULED! thank you james bond anniversary!

Participant

yeah Bill Bellamy rocked in Django.

Participant

Apparently it will be censored: Skyfall Censored in China

Not sure how much that will actually affect anything.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I mean Bill Bellamy is such a great main character actor!!!!

Quote:
    yeah Bill Bellamy rocked in Django.

Bill Bellamy?? Do you guys mean Jamie Foxx?

Quote:
    apparently it will be censored

China: “James Bond killing a Chinese security guard? That is preposterous. Cut that”

I will still see it in the theater though, it sounds like the cuts are minimal.

Quote:
    apparently it will be censored

It looks like this is so minimal it’s not worth the consideration. I personally can’t wait to see it in the theater here, it will be the first Bond I’ve watched in a Chinese cinema, and I’m curious as hell to see what the audience reaction will be to this movie.

Participant

thats good, i didnt read what they cut in case of spoilers…probably gonna watch the screener tonight

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.