Spring Festival Traveling

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSpring Festival Traveling

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

@linka999, how do you travel to Vietnam from Nanning? Direct flight? Or by train?

Participant

Beijing at spring festival is good, going that bit (relevantly) further to Ice Festival @ Harbin is the opportunity to tick off one of those tier one China tourist experiences.

I disagree that all places all tourist at spring festival are very busy, I found most place on my Beijing/Harbin trip 2 years ago to be quite empty – almost deserted. Although transport links can be a horror.

for a 3-5 day trip I’ve wanted to visit xichang/luga lake for some years now, and I understand it’s much warmer this time of year, if anyone has any experience or interest I’d be very happy to start a new thread.

Participant

Beijing at spring festival is good, going that bit (relevantly) further to Ice Festival @ Harbin is the opportunity to tick off one of those tier one China tourist experiences.

I disagree that all places all tourist at spring festival are very busy, I found most place on my Beijing/Harbin trip 2 years ago to be quite empty – almost deserted. Although transport links can be a horror.

for a 3-5 day trip I’ve wanted to visit xichang/luga lake for some years now, and I understand it’s much warmer this time of year, if anyone has any experience or interest I’d be very happy to start a new thread.

Participant

@minac

you take bus or train from 南宁 to Vietnam

Participant

@minac

you take bus or train from 南宁 to Vietnam

Participant

@brave chengdu. why I feel everywhere is full of people? 🙂

but I think xichang will be warm in the winter.

Is that luga lake is 泸沽湖?(luguhu) then it will be 0-9 degree in the spring time.

Participant

@brave chengdu. why I feel everywhere is full of people? 🙂

but I think xichang will be warm in the winter.

Is that luga lake is 泸沽湖?(luguhu) then it will be 0-9 degree in the spring time.

Participant

heading to Xishuangbanna for 8 days. can’t get an accurate idea of what the weather’s going to be like, though – lonely planet says average 19 c, some websites say 10 degrees more than that. has anyone been during winter before?

need to know if i should be packing woolies for a trek!

Participant

heading to Xishuangbanna for 8 days. can’t get an accurate idea of what the weather’s going to be like, though – lonely planet says average 19 c, some websites say 10 degrees more than that. has anyone been during winter before?

need to know if i should be packing woolies for a trek!

Participant

@ Danielle – Short answer: no, don’t pack woolies for a trek.

This week it’s a blamy 25 Degrees

pointless anecdote:

We went a couple of years ago in March. Without thinking too much left with Chengdu winter hats, heavy coats, and boots. En route, we were told we were going at the latest possible time before it got “too hot to be comfortable”. When you walk out of the Jinghong station it’s clearly a tropical climate, we walked straight into town (got more than a few stares) bought sandals shorts and t-shirts, then mailed all our ridiculous winter clothes back to Chengdu.

Participant

@ Danielle – Short answer: no, don’t pack woolies for a trek.

This week it’s a blamy 25 Degrees

pointless anecdote:

We went a couple of years ago in March. Without thinking too much left with Chengdu winter hats, heavy coats, and boots. En route, we were told we were going at the latest possible time before it got “too hot to be comfortable”. When you walk out of the Jinghong station it’s clearly a tropical climate, we walked straight into town (got more than a few stares) bought sandals shorts and t-shirts, then mailed all our ridiculous winter clothes back to Chengdu.

Participant

Ok ok.. apparently I can get out of my bail thing, thanks to tea with a deputy director of sorts.

LAOS! A buddy and myself will be flyin down to Kunming on 22nd or so, it’s about 700 or 800 rmb one way, spending 1-2 nights and partying a little in Kunming, then taking a bus down through Laos. The plan is to spend about a week hoofin through, tubing mekong etc..and finish up with a few days in Chiangmai ish.

Kinda sad, though, yesterday just ordered parts for a pretty nice PC to bunker down with SWTOR. That being said, once the booze-cruise down the Mekong starts all will be well!

Participant

Ok ok.. apparently I can get out of my bail thing, thanks to tea with a deputy director of sorts.

LAOS! A buddy and myself will be flyin down to Kunming on 22nd or so, it’s about 700 or 800 rmb one way, spending 1-2 nights and partying a little in Kunming, then taking a bus down through Laos. The plan is to spend about a week hoofin through, tubing mekong etc..and finish up with a few days in Chiangmai ish.

Kinda sad, though, yesterday just ordered parts for a pretty nice PC to bunker down with SWTOR. That being said, once the booze-cruise down the Mekong starts all will be well!

In another topic, how much does it cost to take the Yellow 300 bus that goes to the airport? I see it pass through Renmin Lu.

Or I’ve been told there is an airport shuttle across the street from the Jinjiang Hotel.

Anyone know details?

In another topic, how much does it cost to take the Yellow 300 bus that goes to the airport? I see it pass through Renmin Lu.

Or I’ve been told there is an airport shuttle across the street from the Jinjiang Hotel.

Anyone know details?

Participant

It’s 10yuan for bus 300. But it takes longer time to arrive airport because it will have many stops. The shuttle bus is same price 10yuan each but only take half hours to arrive airport. The shuttle bus start every 10 mintues .The bus stop is next 岷山饭店(minshan fandian).

Participant

It’s 10yuan for bus 300. But it takes longer time to arrive airport because it will have many stops. The shuttle bus is same price 10yuan each but only take half hours to arrive airport. The shuttle bus start every 10 mintues .The bus stop is next 岷山饭店(minshan fandian).

Participant

Yes the shuttle goes from the side road at MinShan Hotel.

HERE

I think it’s starts at 7am and I’ve never known it to not be running from the airport at night, past 2200 for sure.

Participant

Yes the shuttle goes from the side road at MinShan Hotel.

HERE

I think it’s starts at 7am and I’ve never known it to not be running from the airport at night, past 2200 for sure.

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.