Stand up comedy night – Bookworm Sat 4th

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionStand up comedy night – Bookworm Sat 4th

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi folks, there will be Chengdu’s first proper stand up comedy night at the Bookworm this Saturday (May 4th). Headlining will be the excellent Des Bishop,an American comedian who has been working out of Ireland for many years. You can read his bio on the poster below. He is a massive name on the circuit and crazy that he is playing in Chengdu.

Not only will it be a great night but all the money raised will be donated to Sichuan quake relief, a charity run out of the Bookworm.

Des Bishop is not getting a fee or expenses for this as he wants to do it as a benefit gig.

Please come down to make history in Chengdu and also do a bit for charity.

It starts at 8:30 pm and there is a minimum donation on 75 RMB.

See you there!

comedian.jpg

Participant

Great to think that Des is in Chengdu.

Very funny and popular at home.

My family told me that he would be in China but didn’t know where.

I’ve been told that he is filming a TV show about his experience learning Chinese- should be very funny when it comes out.

“In the Name of the Fada” was a previous TV show he filmed about learning Irish. Excellent!!!

Should be a great show!!

Keymaster

Never seen standup in China before! This could be fun, thanks for posting the info.

Participant

wow!!! Comic relief~ this is excellent news! i’ll have to go, though frankly, i’d rather donate for another (less in spotlight) cause.

does anyone has any standup DVDs? i have some Michael McIntyre, Sarah Millican DVDs at home, it could only be played on region 2 DVD players : ( would love to exchange or share with ppl who likes it too

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.