Starcraft + Diablo Players

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionStarcraft + Diablo Players

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)
  • Author
    Participant

yea zhar, we should have “party” only chars to avoid others getting up too high.

i could remake a char for party play. normal and NM should be fine, but if we are going to venture into hell and inferno we need a concrete strategy and build order.

charlie, WD is fun but has tendency to be pnwed later on

Participant

I’ve started solo’ing hell – smoked skele king alone, they hit *hard* but it’s not as bad as you’d think. I imagine inferno is a little different 😀 Hell is basically meant as a place to farm for inferno-ready gear me thinks. Build order changes depending on the engagements, some bosses need much different builds than say, hordes of wee mobs which need ae mowing down! All in all happy with the game so far..

Participant

I wouldn’t mind starting my monk over again. I geared him wrong, and am still trying to figure out how to do combos correctly. Actually, I could start any of my characters again.

Seems like an optimal group for inferno would be a barbarian (tank), monk (heal, buff), wizard (AoE damage), Demon Hunter (single target damage). Although, a 4 person Witch Doctor group would be hilarious with all those pets all over the place! Everyone would need good graphics cards for that though. 🙂

Keymaster

I’m cool making a new character, that’ll work. What I heard the other day that is really cool is that different characters on the same account can share gold.

Participant

Zhar can’t you just move around the runes to suit your needs? Its not like you allocate skill points in D2? how is your monk ruined?

think thats a good protoype inferno party, but it will be some time until we get there!

wd provides good support with big bad voodoo aura, zombie wall, poison damage over time and of course pets (but even gargantuan wouldn’t live long!)

my graphics card just squeaked by the minimum req. sadly you can’t upgrade a laptop

Participant

Oh, he is not ruined… I just geared him up wrong. For some reason I was thinking he was a tank, so started beefing up his strength instead of his dexterity. ::facepalm:: Anyways, he can use the gear that’s on my demon hunter. No big deal for such a lowbie character.

Participant

“get iced out with gems braah”

Participant

Laohunter#1789

Playing for 10 minutes then heading to the pug for some tacos.

EDIT: Make that 5 minutes, pug time!!

Participant

You might know this already, but it’s an interesting addition of Blizzard.

I’m still in doubt to start playing, but I’m afraid it will stop me from studying Chinese 🙁

Participant

nice article, kept me entertained at work for a bit yesterday. like anything in life, moderation is key. just make a study schedule and a gold/exp schedule. learning chinese is like a RPG, just set some goals.

i’m pissed that d3 doesn’t offer simplified chinese support. i can only read about 50 traditional chars and i meet all these dudes from china online but can only talk to them if I have the minimized window and turn on pinyin input mode. it would be badass to play d3 in chinese, but i’d have to study in taiwan for a year or so to learn all the traditional chars for my existing vocab

Keymaster
    Quote:
    i’m pissed that d3 doesn’t offer simplified chinese support. i can only read about 50 traditional chars and i meet all these dudes from china online but can only talk to them if I have the minimized window and turn on pinyin input mode. it would be badass to play d3 in chinese, but i’d have to study in taiwan for a year or so to learn all the traditional chars for my existing vocab

I noticed the same thing a few days ago. It’s not worth the trouble of messing with traditional characters for me either, although simplified would be fun (and difficult). I played DOTA in Chinese, really difficult to understand a lot of what’s going on since I don’t really play that game in English either.

One thing I also discovered the other day is that you can play D3 on Asian and US servers simultaneously. My roommate was wanting to play D3 and had it installed but didn’t have an account to login with. I let him use my account and now he’s farther than I am. I tried to install it on my desktop yesterday but the installer got stuck at 1%. Not sure if I have to download the entire 7gb package again or what.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Diablo 3 Being Called “Big Pineapple” in China to Dodge Sales Ban

“da bo luo 3”

A lot of the Taobao listings have been deleted (even for 大菠萝) but I found one (and I’m glad I did): 大菠萝3

大家都懂的, pretty funny.

mijkE.jpg

Participant

Add yer battletags!

I’ve got a 60 wiz, 32? barb, and 15 monk. I’ll keep them spread out so I can play with different level people whenever they online 😀

Keymaster

I finally got D3 installed last night on my desktop. I have a level 13 witch doctor. Holla at me in game.

Here’s my battletag: Charlie#1686

Participant

word i’ll be on from 7-10pm before i head to Jah bar. started a Lvl 10 monk who is going to kick some serious ass…named “FalunGone”

Keymaster
    Quote:
    word i’ll be on from 7-10pm before i head to Jah bar. started a Lvl 10 monk who is going to kick some serious ass…named “FalunGone”

Nice pun. My witch doctor is named Dhalsim.

Participant

my 45 WD is “FelaQT” Unfortunately WD kind of gest rocked in later NM and HELL unless you do one specific build which takes the spontaneity out of it.

until then, have fun experimenting with zombies, frogs, spiders, poison and voodoo!

oh and a big EFF U to all the DH and WIZ that think they are the “hawt shiiit” ya’ll getting nerfed in next patch (^_^) i still miss necros and druids

Participant

I get facemelted in hell/hell without a partner as a wiz, unless yer madly geared up we’re a squishy class, need to build specifically for survival – and later on it’s hard to keep distance from a lot of mob types…..

Participant

Just got to inferno. Still not 1 legendary or set drop – and seems in Inferno act1 still lots of mid-50s drops, kinda sucks 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 143 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.