Stereo Freeze Has Moved to the Hemp House

HomeForumsIn ChengduStereo Freeze Has Moved to the Hemp House

• This topic has 15 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Over the past few months myself and my friend Thomas have been hosting a club night at Lantown twice a month on Wednesday nights. Next month we will be changing the venue to The Hemp House. We love Lantown, but its too small and not much room for anybody to dance. If you love reggae, funk, rock, hip hop and 90’s indie come down. Our first night kicks off Sat 1st December. Free entrance and good tunes.

Keymaster

Which Wednesdays is this on?

Participant

We won’t be doing Wednesdays anymore. The nights will restart on Saturdays at Hemp House.

Participant

Which Saturdays? 🙂

Every Saturday from now on?

Participant

Once a month. Next one 1st Dcember

I’m sorry, did somebody say 90s indie?

THERE WITH BELLS ON.

Participant

Too cold to turn it into a pub crawl? 😀

It is NEVER too cold for a pub crawl.

Participant

I do play Babies by Pulp, but nobody seems to appreciate it.

Participant

stereo-freeze.jpg

Participant

All also tomorrow night should be good. Chengdu Music Night

Participant

Working on a new set list going to try and throw down some old skool Hip Hop (Young MC, Tribe Called Quest, EPMD, Onyx, Boss, De La Soul, NWA, 3rd Bass)…

Participant
    Quote:
    Working on a new set list going to try and throw down some old skool Hip Hop (Young MC, Tribe Called Quest, EPMD, Onyx, Boss, De La Soul, NWA, 3rd Bass)…

A couple of the boys from the Onyx came to an afterparty in my house a few years ago. They left after a female mate of mine got fed up with their ‘bitch n ho’ chat and told them to shut it. Gangsta…

Hope your night goes well. I’ll try and head down after the little bar.

Keymaster
    Quote:

Nice! I was listening to an old hip hop mix of mine recently with stuff like that. There’s been a lot of good hip hop released in the last year, but nothing was like ’93-97. You almost never hear that stuff in Chengdu, either. I DJ’d at the Shengqi event last weekend for a group of Sichuanese rappers that performed a Gangnam Style remix.

Quote:
    A couple of the boys from the Onyx came to an afterparty in my house a few years ago. They left after a female mate of mine got fed up with their ‘bitch n ho’ chat and told them to shut it. Gangsta…

It’s always great to hear behind-the-scenes party stories of musicians. Poor Onyx though, I feel bad for gangster rappers getting rejected by women for acting gangster.

Participant

DS_Sticky_Suave_Starr.jpg

Participant

haha, boy on the right was the one that got the earful.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.