Sunday, March 17th – Tailor Made Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionSunday, March 17th – Tailor Made Chengdu

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Custom Suits and Shirts in Chengdu – They’re back!

After the success of the last event Carol & Lucs Tailors from Beijing will be back in Chengdu for the second time! They have a great reputation in Beijing and now a growing reputation amongst the expat community in Chengdu!

I got a suit and a couple of shirts last time she was here, which I am really happy with, and in total around 15 people bought suits, shirts and coats on the day. The feedback was great and many customers commented on Carol’s professionalism and expertise.

On March 17th we’ll be at the Oakwood again where Carol and her assistant will have a wide range of fabrics and sample/design books for you to choose from. You can discuss your individual requirements and make your selections, with suits starting from 1200 yuan and shirts from 150 yuan.After the last event it took about 9 days for all the finished clothing to be delivered to Chengdu, I then delivered everyones orders individually.So you can expect fast turn-around and good quality!

Carol does a really great job of taking super-detailed measurements, so the finished clothing should fit perfectly, but if not I’ll help you send it back to her to be adjusted for free.

A couple of people on the forum have contacted me already about this event, so if you are interested drop me a message or call me on 13880577514.

Participant

I was just thinking of getting a couple more shirts made. Great to see a new date.

Keymaster

I was out of town the last time the tailor came through but I will check it out this time. Thanks for the heads up Michael.

I got sidetracked last time this happened, so it’s nice to have good notice this time around. I’ll definitely make it for the new date.

Participant

Good to hear from you guys!

It was definitely a bit short-notice last time, but hopefully this time round most of the people that missed out will be able to come.

I’m just short of a phone number for you Charlie, so if you could drop me a pm that would be great. Anyone else that is interested get in touch.

Participant

Michael, just be sure to post the time and detailed location here on CL once the event is all set, I’ll probably be interested in a shirt or 2

Participant

Will do, Seabass, sent you a pm.

Participant

Yeah, I am interested too.

I’m a bit worried that scheduling it on St Patrick’s Day might split some of your target audience with them tied up elsewhere.

Participant

Hi Dave, hopefully you’ll have time on the day before you hit the guinness! Drop me a pm with your mobile number and I’ll be in touch!

Anyone else who is interested drop me a line, have about 14 names down so far, so looks like it will be another busy day!

Keymaster

I’m in. Info sent.

I’m up for this Michael. I’ll be bringing someone with me also.

Participant

Thanks Charlie and Brendan. I’ll confirm the times with you next week. If you have friends who are interested too, they are welcome to join.

Participant

Hi guys,

Event is coming up this Sunday, so I’ll be in touch with everyone who has contacted me this week to confirm times.

We should have around 30 people coming on the day, so I’ll try to space everyone out as much as possible to avoid congestion!

Again, if there is anyone else who hasn’t contacted me and would like to come along, drop me a message and I’ll put your name down.

Participant

Can you send me the location and time as well. Thanks!

Participant

This event is at Oakwood, which is located in the Tongzilin area, near Hang Kong Road: Oakwood on Google Maps

Anyone who wishes to come please contact me as soon as possible, I will confirm times with every person to try and reduce congestion on the day!

Participant

Hi Mate – I’m keen, I’ll send you a PM.

Participant

Anyone who wants to come tomorrow, but hasn’t contacted me yet, please let me know! 13880577514

We have around 45 people registered for tomo, a big increase on last time. The tailor, Carol, will be bringing two of her assistants with her to help her take measurements and assist everyone in choosing fabrics and styles.

Anyway, we’ll be in the business center on the third floor of Oakwood, which is near Hang Kong Lu in Tongzilin. I look forward to seeing everyone!

Participant

Just to let everyone know the event was a great success yesterday, around 35 people came and the tailors took orders for about 37 suits and 60 shirts throughout the day.

The tailors were busy from the moment they arrived until about 8pm,and literally didn’t have a chance to put down their measuring tapes all day. We might have to do two days next time to meet demand!

Thanks to everyone who came, and I’ll be in touch when your suits and shirts arrive in Chengdu and we’ll arrange for pick-up. It should take about 10-15 days (last time was about 9 days). Any questions feel free to contact me, any feedback on the event let me know too.

I’ll definitely be inviting the the Beijing tailors back to Chengdu again in the not too distant future, so anyone who missed out this time, or drank too much guinness the night before, you’re welcome to come along next time!

If you’re interested in coming to the next Tailor Made Chengdu event, drop me a PM, email [email protected] or text/call 13880577514.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just to let everyone know the event was a great success yesterday, around 35 people came and the tailors took orders for about 37 suits and 60 shirts throughout the day.

That is incredible – congrats!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.