Tablet Recommendation: Teclast A11

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceTablet Recommendation: Teclast A11

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m trying a tablet Teclast A11 with Android OS.

Here some specification:

Teclast A11

Price in China is around 1000 rmb and it’s really a nice product!

Keymaster

That is a really low price! But I’ve been using an iPad Mini on and off in recent weeks and I love it. Anyone want to buy an iPad 3?

Participant

Some guy in computer city was showing me an Android tablet as well a few days ago: Gadmei E8-HD

Only 550RMB, which is even 100 lower than what most sellers on Taobao ask.

Dualcore 1.5ghz, 1gb ram, 8gb internal memory, 1280×768 on an 8inch screen

For that price that sounds pretty decent to me, right?

The thing with these cheap Android tablets is that there’s almost no hope for future OS updates and it would require you to do a lot of research on your own if you wanted to tweak it to your liking (ie changing ROMs).

But anyways, on paper, the Teclast A11 should be about as fast as an iPad2 with a little bit of a better screen. But that’s comparing oranges to… apples.

Participant

Hahaha always I try to find a good compromise between price/quality and I like Android more… but I think iPad & Co are good products too! Do you really want sell your iPad 3?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Really do you want sell your iPad3?

Yes

Participant
    Quote:
    But that’s comparing oranges to… apples.

Aww-Yeah-meme.png

LOOOLS

I would have spent a little bit more and gotten a 16GB Nexus 7. Pretty much the best value for tablets at the moment… but you have to pay the China markup. $199 in the US, probably about $270 here. lame.

But actually, I’ve been hearing of some issues with 4.2 Jellybean, which is annoying. I’d prefer to have a perfect product out of the box, like an iPad, but I don’t want to pay the premium for it.

So I buy nothing.

Participant

Chris I understand your thinking but Apple makes good products like many companies that use Android OS… so (for me) it isn’t a problem about quality of hardware or software, but only about how much money you want use!

Apple isn’t best company about mobile or similar but a company that do a good work like many companies in the world!

Vincent it’s not a bad product and price is ok… maybe you can ask if in this price can give to you a gift like MicroSD card of 16Gb or 32Gb…

Just for the record, I still by far prefer Android / PC. I use an Android phone, but neither Android nor Apple offerings have convinced me to buy a tablet yet.

It’s probably just because I’m cheap and don’t see enough reasons to upgrade from my 3 year old phone and 7 year old laptop despite being interested in technology.

Participant

Usually I say to my customers “Buy what you need” following technology progress its expensive and fast!

I agree with you Chris only i don’t like the “war brand” like Apple VS Samsung, Windows VS OSx…

if the product is ok for you, no problem! whatever Apple, Samsung, Microsoft…

I’m using this “cheap” Teclast and i can do everything, like show products to customers, read some manuals and in free time watch some movies with my wife… so it’s perfect!

Sure, Gadmei that want buy Vincent, it’s good too and cheaper…

Participant

I’ve always been kind of a gadget slut and a way too impulsive buyer. I love “wanting to buy” something and checking out reviews on YouTube about products. I’ve owned pretty much every possible BlackBerry after 2008 but from the moment I switched to iPhone4 when it came out I’ve never bought another phone. I’ve been using this phone for over 2 years now and it’s still in perfect condition. Although I have to admit I think it’s starting to slow down somehow. Or maybe I’m just getting too fast.

I’ve also owned an iPad twice (first and second edition) but I ended up selling it both times because I literally never use it. As soon as the iPad mini came out it started itching again.

That’s why I’m kind of thinking about buying the cheap Android thing, although I’m sure I would almost never use that either. And the times I would, it would probably annoy me that it doesn’t work perfectly smooth.

Participant

My brother is the total opposite of me (he’s very tech savvy, I’m a Luddite) and he raves about the Nexus 7…..

Keymaster

I’m interested in how technology changes our lives. Each generation of consumer electronics brings a different kind of change, and I enjoy watching the market and its influence grow. I follow major industry happenings and like to discuss/debate them (including things like Windows vs OS X and iOS vs Android).

I don’t think any other tablet is as good as the iPad right now, but that might change in the future. The hardware can be very impressive (as the Surface is) or the price very low (as the Nexus 7 is) but nothing matches the overall package of the iPad. The absolute key, to me, is the iOS app store which has such a plethora of high quality tablet-specific apps.

Quote:
    It’s probably just because I’m cheap and don’t see enough reasons to upgrade from my 3 year old phone and 7 year old laptop despite being interested in technology.

Reading. I read about 4x more since getting an iPad. I read books on it also, and that works well, but what it really unlocks is a lot of blog content that I do not want to sit in front of the computer reading for hours. Magazines are a bonus too, they are crystal clear on an iPad (especially the Retina 3rd and 4th generation) and there are torrent sites with hundreds of new issues every month. When I was in the States this summer I read 5 books and dozens of magazines on my iPad (on an 8,000 mile road trip). Tablets in general are incredible devices.

Participant

Don’t feel like writing a whole post about it but have you ever tried an ebookreader, Charlie?

E-ink device >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPad for reading books. And it’s not even close.

Participant

Tablet it’s a useful product for work and for freetime but sure, people can live without this.

Is interesting Charlie, see how the technology help the people in the life but sometimes isn’t a primary requirement for live…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Don’t feel like writing a whole post about it but have you ever tried an ebookreader, Charlie? E-ink device >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> iPad for reading books. And it’s not even close.

I’ve never owned one, but yeah, they are much easier on the eyes.

However I’d say that about 50% of what I read aren’t books. They’re blogs (read through Instapaper) or magazines which work better on something like an iPad because it can display embedded images and video. Or even in books. Right now I’m reading The Four Hour Chef by Tim Ferris and there are hundreds of explanatory photos embedded into the book. I would be screwed on a Kindle. Not to mention, the iPad also serves a dozen other functions as well. I brought my iPad to Thailand over the weekend and used it to read news, check and send email and photos, and look up travel information. I didn’t want to bring my laptop, it’s too heavy and cumbersome.

Participant

Anybody have an idea why the iPad 3 with 3G is not available in China? Going to Malaysia and I can buy the pad there for much cheaper than here. Should be able to fit a local micro-sim card I think.

Participant

Hello Gavin,

good question! but try to check here:

iPad Series

For micro-sim you can go to some mobile point like China Mobile… maybe…

Participant
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.