Taobao vs Aliexpress for Import Business?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTaobao vs Aliexpress for Import Business?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello chengdu friends. I’m a stranger here from Nigeria. I signed up to this website because i want to start importation business from china (still never find a niche) and i think you can be of help to me in buying cheaper product. in my little research, i found out 1688.com and taobao.com are the website with cheapest product unlike Aliexpress. any help will be appreciated. looking forwards to make new friends too from this forum … Thanks in anticipation.

Keymaster

Taobao is generally consumer facing whereas Alibaba (I think that’s what you mean?) is a wholesaler that usually works in very large quantities. You can get cheaper prices on the latter, but the downside is that you usually have very large minimum quantities. Obviously a lot of this depends on what you are buying. Good luck-

Participant

moderator thanks maybe you should check out 1688.com you will understand me. The website is written in chinese just like taobao but i don’t understand chinese. Thanks for the swift response

Keymaster

moderator thanks maybe you should check out 1688.com you will understand me. The website is written in chinese just like taobao but i don’t understand chinese. Thanks for the swift response

1688.com is Alibaba, you can learn more about that here: Alibaba Group on Wikipedia

Keymaster

Choose Alibaba / Taobao for your business.

Alibaba.com is the leading platform for global wholesale trade serving million of buyers and suppliers around the world. Most of the members on Alibaba.com are manufacturers or trading companies or resellers who trade in large order quantities.

Where as AliExpress is a global retail marketplace targeted at consumers worldwide. Offering quality products at factory prices in small quantity. Your order amount can be as low as 1 item and you can pay safely using Buyer Protection service.

You might wanna check this out http://www.saporedicina.com/english/alibaba-vs-aliexpress/

On the other hand, do a research on “Wholesale taobao buying agents” as well. (be careful)

Good luck!

Participant

Thanks i order some product from aliexpress and its all okay. I’ll stick to aliexpress for now because I’m a small importer. the link you posted was helpful. .. how can i make chinese friends that speak good English like you?..(probably a whatsapp contact )

Participant

Hello,my friend Joeeboi,

I m Jerry and working at this website popobuy.com,we are a professional Taobao agent here,help sellers like you to buy on taobao and alibaba and ship world wide,it is the best way to get import from china,contact me or visit our website to know more details,hoping to cooperate with you in the near future and have a good one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.