Tattoos in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTattoos in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ready for more ink. Anyone got tattoo experience in Chengdu?

Participant

About a month ago I went to FishBone tattoo at Yulin Lu to get a design. Their work is awesome and they’re nice people. They also speak English. They charge 700RMB/hour.

Although they said it would take a week to finish the design and then I could come in to get it done, but I haven’t heard them since (I paid about 10% in advance). I sent them an e-mail 2 weeks ago for an update but they replied they were really busy atm and they would call me once I could come back…

And now I’m just waiting for them to contact me lol, I don’t want to become a difficult/impatient client cause if they’re gonna put ink on my body I want them to actually like me.

Here’s their website:

http://www.fbtattoo.com/

Participant

About a month ago I went to FishBone tattoo at Yulin Lu to get a design. Their work is awesome and they’re nice people. They also speak English. They charge 700RMB/hour.

Although they said it would take a week to finish the design and then I could come in to get it done, but I haven’t heard them since (I paid about 10% in advance). I sent them an e-mail 2 weeks ago for an update but they replied they were really busy atm and they would call me once I could come back…

And now I’m just waiting for them to contact me lol, I don’t want to become a difficult/impatient client cause if they’re gonna put ink on my body I want them to actually like me.

Here’s their website:

http://www.fbtattoo.com/

Participant

Also, I don’t know if you know him, but Dustin from Maxxelli had a really nice tattoo done somewhere else. It was 800RMB/hr and 8 weeks waiting time. I can’t remember the shop’s name though, and they only speak Chinese.

Participant

Also, I don’t know if you know him, but Dustin from Maxxelli had a really nice tattoo done somewhere else. It was 800RMB/hr and 8 weeks waiting time. I can’t remember the shop’s name though, and they only speak Chinese.

Participant

@ Vincent: I’ve got 4 already, so i know the old motto “Don’t skimp on price with a tatt”, but those prices are pretty insane. My design is basic tribal, no shading or detail, plain black. In NYC i was quoted 120 bucks, from a top-knotch place with 25 years experience. Yeah yeah, i know, shoulda done it there. In Malaysia i had a nice one done by the most reputable place in KL for about 70 bucks, with top-quality German ink. That guy is a pro is awesome.

Re: fishbone: heard mixed reports about them. Checked out their website which has some nice pics; they are obviously not “scratchers”. But dude, this tale of an unfinished work, that is f**king ridiculous. Man, busy or not, exisiting work has gotta be their priority. Anyway, hope it turns out OK. Keep moisturizing!

Participant

@ Vincent: I’ve got 4 already, so i know the old motto “Don’t skimp on price with a tatt”, but those prices are pretty insane. My design is basic tribal, no shading or detail, plain black. In NYC i was quoted 120 bucks, from a top-knotch place with 25 years experience. Yeah yeah, i know, shoulda done it there. In Malaysia i had a nice one done by the most reputable place in KL for about 70 bucks, with top-quality German ink. That guy is a pro is awesome.

Re: fishbone: heard mixed reports about them. Checked out their website which has some nice pics; they are obviously not “scratchers”. But dude, this tale of an unfinished work, that is f**king ridiculous. Man, busy or not, exisiting work has gotta be their priority. Anyway, hope it turns out OK. Keep moisturizing!

Participant

@ Vincent: i think i misunderstood you; they haven’t STARTED the tatt, right? Apologies to the good folk at Fishbone…..gotta read these things more carefully.

Participant

@ Vincent: i think i misunderstood you; they haven’t STARTED the tatt, right? Apologies to the good folk at Fishbone…..gotta read these things more carefully.

Participant

Yeah, haven’t started yet. About the price, I know it’s probably pretty high for Chengdu, but money obviously isn’t an object when you make a decision like this. I love their work, they’ve been recommended to me by several people, and I’m sure they will make something super awesome out of it, the way I expect it to be, or even better.

So I guess I’ll just wait for them to call me…

Participant

Yeah, haven’t started yet. About the price, I know it’s probably pretty high for Chengdu, but money obviously isn’t an object when you make a decision like this. I love their work, they’ve been recommended to me by several people, and I’m sure they will make something super awesome out of it, the way I expect it to be, or even better.

So I guess I’ll just wait for them to call me…

Participant
    Quote:
    Re: the place with 8 WEEKS WAITING TIME! Damn, that’s a LONG wait! I smell a business opportunity in the ‘Du…..

I had that idea years ago.. Chengdu could really use a professional tattoo studio. I know a handful of tattoo artists in the city and I haven’t seen anything that I would go to personally. My roommate has some tattoos that haven’t aged really well that he got done in Chengdu.

Tattoo Temple in HK Central is the best place to go, better than anything I’ve seen in the mainland. They have guest artists come from time to time, Paul Booth was there one time when I was there. The girl that runs the shop (Joey) is an incredible artist and the whole operation is extremely professional.

Participant
    Quote:
    Re: the place with 8 WEEKS WAITING TIME! Damn, that’s a LONG wait! I smell a business opportunity in the ‘Du…..

I had that idea years ago.. Chengdu could really use a professional tattoo studio. I know a handful of tattoo artists in the city and I haven’t seen anything that I would go to personally. My roommate has some tattoos that haven’t aged really well that he got done in Chengdu.

Tattoo Temple in HK Central is the best place to go, better than anything I’ve seen in the mainland. They have guest artists come from time to time, Paul Booth was there one time when I was there. The girl that runs the shop (Joey) is an incredible artist and the whole operation is extremely professional.

Participant

I also had some color ink done at fishbone recently for 600RMB hour. I paid for the sketch in July and since I made several trips it took forever for us to schedule a time. Finally got it done the first week of October and it was great. Both artists there are really good and nice folks it just takes forever to schedule. I think the bong in the corner is partly to blame but hey I’m patient for quality work!

Give Jiang Xia a call again to get him to speed it up!

Also my friend and long time CD resident Jessie Brett does some excellent work. She will return from Australia in February or so. Check out this article.

My friends are subletting her house right now, both her and Mike are cool cats. Btw Jessie charges much lower prices than Fishbone or Clear Ghost!

Participant

I also had some color ink done at fishbone recently for 600RMB hour. I paid for the sketch in July and since I made several trips it took forever for us to schedule a time. Finally got it done the first week of October and it was great. Both artists there are really good and nice folks it just takes forever to schedule. I think the bong in the corner is partly to blame but hey I’m patient for quality work!

Give Jiang Xia a call again to get him to speed it up!

Also my friend and long time CD resident Jessie Brett does some excellent work. She will return from Australia in February or so. Check out this article.

My friends are subletting her house right now, both her and Mike are cool cats. Btw Jessie charges much lower prices than Fishbone or Clear Ghost!

Participant

Hey guys,

I have quite a few tattoos but have never gotten one done outside the US. Are they clean/safe etc.?

Participant

Hey guys,

I have quite a few tattoos but have never gotten one done outside the US. Are they clean/safe etc.?

Participant

@Ben: depends where you go. I had one done on a guy’s floor in Inodnesia, with his wife and kid watching TV, but he had a pro sterilisation set-up and I had no problems. If the shop has a few year’s history, they shoud be ok, cos word will spread very quickly if a scratcher (amateur or poor quality artist) is using dirty or unsanitary kit. Here, who knows? Kinda like the little restaurants with the “health department” cert on the wall..

Hong Kong has some reputable places…

Participant

@Ben: depends where you go. I had one done on a guy’s floor in Inodnesia, with his wife and kid watching TV, but he had a pro sterilisation set-up and I had no problems. If the shop has a few year’s history, they shoud be ok, cos word will spread very quickly if a scratcher (amateur or poor quality artist) is using dirty or unsanitary kit. Here, who knows? Kinda like the little restaurants with the “health department” cert on the wall..

Hong Kong has some reputable places…

Participant

Might hit Fishbone tomorrow. Needless to say, NOT in the morning…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.