Tattoos in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTattoos in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Participant

For some reason I decided to delete the picture, damn you and your ninja skills! Give me a few minutes, I’ll take some new ones.

Idd it was taken in a mirror. It’s my Chinese zodiac tiger 虎.

Participant

Here they are! Like I said I’m super happy with how it looks already, there may be some minor details you could bitch about but I think they will become invisible as soon as the color gets in. The only thing I think looks weirdish is the bottom of smallest feather on the mask (4th pic).

sleeve.jpg

Looking way better than the drawing preview you sent me Vincent, definitely keep posting pics as you go.

How did you find Fishbone, they probably deserve an updated ‘review’ since being mentioned on here.

Looking at this makes me more determined to get on finishing my design and having it inked.

Participant

Definately agree, although you made me paranoid when you started talking about wobbly parallels and off curves a few days ago 😀 I decided to try not to watch too much while she was doing her work, because I would be looking at every single inch whether it’d be perfect or not. I was just checking up every 15mins or so, and was amazed every time. Also no smoking people or whatever. Some noisy potential clients coming in every now and then, but the artist kept very focused.

They were recommended to me by a girl who was here about a half year ago and was full of ink. I checked out the shop and in the beginning they come over as somewhat careless, but once you get to know them a little bit better they’re both awesome people. I think they’re just swamped with work. The most important thing when you go in there is that you know what you want to get.

They told me they prefer tattooing to designing, because drawing it takes up so much of their time and often people aren’t even getting it afterwards. Maybe that’s why they’re not estatic the moment you’re walking into the shop.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Here they are!

Looks really dope so far. Did the Fishbone artist draw the mask illustration? That’s gonna look awesome when it’s finished.

edit: I reformatted the images for you so they all fit in the forum frame

Participant

I gave her a picture, told her to make it look like it but that she could use her own ideas. She drew a different type of mask, I didn’t like it and she asked if she could use a stencil to copy the original one, I was fine with that 🙂

Participant

Vincent, it looks gorgeous, what kinds of colours are you getting?

Participant

Thank you! 🙂

The mask will be red, eyes filled with black, the chrysantemum flower green, the face white and then shades of gray all around.

Participant

@Vincent: looking good man. Just keep that baby out of the sun. Oh, yeah, forgot i was in Chengdu for a minute….

Participant

What’s the English level like at Fishbone? Getting ink is not a time for miscommunication! (“It’s red! I thought hong was black!”)

Participant

Hers is ok. He has a masters degree in English language. What are you looking to get done?

Had a terrible dream last night lol, I was back in Belgium (EEEEEEKK!!) and I washed my tattoo with some product and it disappeared for like 75% hahahah. I was checking inside my dream if I was dreaming or not and I thought I wasn’t. Happy I woke up and instantly checked if my tat was still there 😀 hahahah

Participant

I find a lot of different information on using saran wrap to cover your tattoo after getting it done and while sleeping the first couple of days. Does anybody know what advice I should be following?

Some sites say when using plastic wrap, no air gets in and out. It will keep all of the body fluids pooling on the skin surface, and becomes a breeding ground for bacteria because of the body heat.(The Use of Plastic Wrap on Fresh Tattoos)

Others recommend using saran wrap because this way it doesn’t stick to anything while you sleep, and it will keep it moisturized.

So what’s the deal? I’ve used saran wrap the first 2 nights while sleeping. Other than that I’ve tried to wear a t-shirt as much as possible and wash/lotion my tattoo 3 times a day. It started to peel off the last 2 days and it looks healthy.

What about using airconditioning full time? It’s way too cold to turn it off, and I don’t want to wear 3 layers of clothing on top of the tattoo when I’m at home.

Participant

Why the saran wrap? is it itching excessively? i’ve always thought tattoos should breathe…the crucial part is the peeling or th scabbing. The first one i got i was horrified and thought all the ink was coming off! Then i found out it was natural. if the scabbing is excessive, which sometimes happens, and you are losing lots of colour, it may need to be retouched.

I just wanna get a simple tribal dog, black, no fine detail. I wonder if they could fit me in, maybe squeeze me between the full-sleeve Chinese hipsters?

Participant

It’s not itching at all actually. No scabbing either. Just some peeling. They wrapped it around my arm after I got it done and had to remove it 2-5hrs later, and put a new one on when I went to bed. That’s what they suggested… Guess it’s to prevent sheets/bacterias sticking to the “wound” during sleeping.

I think if you know what you want to get and they don’t have to draw anything, you can get an appointment pretty fast. If not it would probably take at least a couple of weeks.

Keymaster

I’ve heard that you should not cover a new tattoo in saran wrap. It’s a practice from decades ago that does more harm than good. It raises the temperature of your skin surface and stops airflow creating a perfect environment for bacteria.

Participant

Session nr 2 done today. 7 Hours in more or less. Next week: color!

It looks brownish because of the skin irritation at the moment, will turn gray in a few days.

sleeve2.jpg

Looking pretty hardcore Vincent! 2 sessions down, how many more to finish up the sleeve?

Participant

Well I was going for a full sleeve, but with last week’s visa fine I will probably wait a couple of months to save up some money. I’m also going skiing in France in February and i’m not Rockefeller (yet).

I’m thinking for the bottom part maybe 1 and a half session to go. If i’m lucky just one, but the coloring will need a lot of detail. Then finish the part above the feathers and I’ll be ready for a coatless winter!

Participant

Looks awesome man.

Keymaster

That is the best tattoo that I’ve seen come out of Chengdu. Congrats man.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.