Thanksgiving in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThanksgiving in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Quote:
    Me and Chris and Haven are coming. Bringing potato salad and wutever I feel like making on that day. And a bottle of wine. ANd another 2 or 3 friends will come too, bringing 3-4 bottle of wine.

Hold off on bringing an army just yet Cress, this is aimed at forum users first, and I don’t yet know how many people are showing.

Again, anyone wanting to come to this should be confirming in here, and giving an idea of what you’ll be bringing.

Ok,just me and my husband and my daughter then.

Quote:
    Ok,just me and my husband and my daughter then.

I’m not saying ‘No!’, I’m just saying hold tight until I know how many people from on here are coming yet until they confirm.

🙂

15 pound turkey ordered, I hope it fits in my oven!!

I’m planning on having everything cooked and ready at 7-7:30, though I’ll be prepping all afternoon, so please feel free to head round from 5-6ish to help me out!!

This will be some good good eats!

Quote:
    Anyone coming to this needs to start confirming, I have to order the turkey by tomorrow.

I’m coming. Though, did I miss the deadline?

Participant

I’m coming.

How about Whey protein shakes for everyone?

Nah, too valuable.

I’ll gotz dat heady broccoli! Or I’ll recruit my Japanese master chef roommate to make something delicious.

Quote:
    I’m coming. Though, did I miss the deadline?

The deadline is Thursday! Bring something with you and all is good.

Quote:
    I’ll gotz dat heady broccoli!

Note to self: Must try harder!! 😉

Participant

So has anyone ever successfully made cake or brownies in a rice cooker?

Keymaster

Brendan, is there a list of stuff people are bringing? I’m not sure what I should bring. I can bring pie with whipped cream, good imported beer, etc. Any suggestions?

Quote:
    So has anyone ever successfully made cake or brownies in a rice cooker?

Failed; burned the cake. No clue if I had missed any step or ingredient. But still, I blamed on my grandma’s ancient rice cooker. 🙂

How about some szechuanese style chicken feet? Never done that before for Thanksgiving. Wondering how would they go with pies, turkey, and casserole. LOL

Just found this site, and is it too late for join now? I had a pretty good thanksgiving party last year, but friend left Chengdu. So… I miss it so much!

I want some girly time at my home before we head to Brendans! I want girl friends! Dani, you can come to my place, I have an oven.

Quote:
    Brendan, is there a list of stuff people are bringing?

The only list I have so far is what people have posted on here. Anyone I’ve invited outside of the forum, I’ve asked them to just bring a bottle of wine, or other. Import beer would see no complaints!

Quote:
    How about some szechuanese style chicken feet?

No, no, no, and no, and I can only assume you’re joking!! 😉

Quote:
    Just found this site, and is it too late for join now?

Not at all! Anyone reading this right up to Thursday will be welcome. Come along.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The only list I have so far is what people have posted on here. Anyone I’ve invited outside of the forum, I’ve asked them to just bring a bottle of wine, or other. Import beer would see no complaints!

Great. I will bring some good stuff.

Participant

@ Brendan, Gonna have to get my 5×5 102.5 kg squats on before work! So i’m going to bring some delicious stew compliments of my roomie, Hiroshi. He also does catering, so I’m trying to promote his cooking.

Quote:
    @ Brendan, Gonna have to get my 5×5 102.5 kg squats on before work!

Officially the most unrelated comment in this entire thread! But thanks for the heads up on your squat routine!! :/

Participant

thanksgiving is about getting big and strong. and you know i wanted to leave you with a nice visual. remember my new goal is to “eat as much meat as brendan”

Quote:
    thanksgiving is about getting big and strong. and you know i wanted to leave you with a nice visual. remember my new goal is to “eat as much meat as brendan”

I’m going to have to admit, I will be hitting the gym hard on Wednesday night, with deliberate intention of priming myself with the perfect excuse for a giant feast on Thursday. Hell, I’ll probably even stop eating around midday just to be able to cram in some more calories!! 😉

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hell, I’ll probably even stop eating around midday just to be able to cram in some more calories!! 😉

No doubt. Thanksgiving is the Superbowl of buffets.

Participant

what part of the city do you live in anyways? i’m thinking soup transportation logistics

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.