Thanksgiving in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThanksgiving in Chengdu

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@Cress – Would looove baking at your place, are you free tomorrow afternoon? I’m gonna make a bunch of cookies or brownies, not sure yet! They’ll still be tasty Thursday night 🙂

Participant

Hi Brendan, I’d like to come along if it’s ok. Danielle – I can help with making something, if you like. Otherwise I can bring a chicken and pumpkin salad and a bottle of red.

Participant

Cress:

Quote:
    I want girl friends!

You should befriend my wife. Unfortunately, our 4yo girl is sick, so I don’t think we’ll be going anywhere for Thanksgiving. 🙁

@Tina: Of course, and chicken and pumpkin salad sounds awesome!

@7: Hope your daughter perks up soon.

Cool, so close to my place. I will let you know tomorrow, what I’m gonna bring on Thur. Hi Brendan, if you need extra hand, leave me msg. [email protected]

Okay, my Turkey has arrived and it be big!! I think it will safely feed 15 or so, but anything past 20 is going to be a stretch.

So far the following have confirmed to be bringing;

Sascha (+3): Mash and/or Sweet Potatoes. (Sweet would be good)

Cress (+2): Potato Salad & (Whatever!?). A desert would be good.

Danielle (+1): Greens & Salad

Chris (?): Pumpkin Pie and/or Visa Issues!!

Justin & Rachel: Deviled Eggs & Rice Krispy Treats (Yum!)

Shingshing: Avacados & ?

Elias: Stew & Squat stories.

AJ: ?? & Helping Hand?

Tina: ??

Charlie: Import Beers (the good stuff!)

I’ve loosely invited a few others, but there’s a little room for more. A good addition to the food right now would be a prepared stuffing mix that I can throw in the oven for 30 minutes once the turkey is done, and perhaps another desert. If I get the time I will make some flapjacks (British) ready for the day.

I will also need some extra plates/cutlery/glassware, as I only have serving for 6.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’ve loosely invited a few others, but there’s a little room for more. A good addition to the food right now would be a prepared stuffing mix that I can throw in the oven for 30 minutes once the turkey is done, and perhaps another desert.

I’m bringing my roommate, Kafe, also. I can bring stuffing mix too.

Quote:
    I’m bringing my roommate, Kafe, also. I can bring stuffing mix too.

Cool, I’ve yet to meet Kafe properly, and the stuffing mix will be a big help.

I’m gonna bring fruit salad, bread and butter.

Quote:
    bread and butter

Is this like, really special bread!? Baguette would actually be great, along with the butter. I have a tub of marinated garlic cloves ready, so we could make some awesome garlic bread in a snap.

Quote:
    Is this like, really special bread!? Baguette would actually be great, along with the butter. I have a tub of marinated garlic cloves ready, so we could make some awesome garlic bread in a snap.

Yepper, Baguette is what I’m hoping to get at Carrefour. Looks like no need to get (marinated) garlic then. Awesome!

Disaster averted. Visa extension successful. Pies booked.

Participant

@Brendan – We’re actually bringing dessert (sticky buns) and a pumpkin/carrot casserole thing plus some import beers.

@Tina – Ah sorry! No baking for me this time around, actually. Leanna’s Bakery is being very good to me haha. 🙂

Quote:
    Pies booked.

That’s the key point there!!

Quote:
    @Brendan – We’re actually bringing dessert (sticky buns) and a pumpkin/carrot casserole thing plus some import beers.

Star status. 🙂

@Brendan, I’m coming.

I will bring a bottle of wine

Participant

For stuffing – can just tear up some (non sweet) bread, chop up some onion and celery, use a few spices (salt, pepper, thyme, etc).. moisten everything together with water and some turkey juices then wrap it up in foil and put in oven. Let it cook about an hour then open the foil and give it another 10-20 min so the top gets brown and crispy. Should do er.

I would make this but I’ve got to do the casserole tonight then working all day tomorrow. Maybe someone wants to take a stab at it?

Brendan – will arrive just before 6:30 I think. I can bring a bunch of paper plates and cups too if need be.

Brendan, do you have an extra bowl for fruit salad? A BIG one would be ideal!

Baguettes purchased by the way.

Brendan, you asked me to bring meatloaf and pizza boat! I’m all prepared for those!

@Dani: Sorry! I didnt check the forum earlier today or yesterday! You wanna come tomorrow before we head to Brendan’s? We are also going to the lotus market for the Christmas tree and decors tomorrow.

Participant

Brendan,

I booked a spot at bookworm early so I won’t be able to attend, but I will say it’s pretty awesome what you’re doing, hosting others for Thanksgiving. You seem like you might be from the UK, so even more props for you being a good sport on an American holiday. Cheers!

Regards from your colonial cousin, and wishes for a happy turkey day,

Will

Participant

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!….. I miss home now :(, its a day for me to gorge myself at 7 different friends homes….

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.