The Bug & Daddy Freddy @ Xiong Mao 3/16

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThe Bug & Daddy Freddy @ Xiong Mao 3/16

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Listening to “Run the Place Red” (AFX mix) by The Bug and Daddy Freddy on Grooveshark.com. Shit is brutal. Think my speakers popped a valve…

Participant
    Participant

Agggh! I was really looking forward to seeing the bug, but I’m going to be out of town till Sunday!!!!!

Participant

AM: flyer says it kicks off at 9 30. Are there any local supports? Is it Daddy Freddy at 9 30? Dont wanna miss that guy. May have to knock off from work a little early….

Participant

Jovian & Dave Bassman will be warming up.

The Bug & Daddy Freddy will start sometime around 11.30 – 12.

They arrived in Chengdu tonight and are both really excited about tomorrow night.

Participant

Sun is shining, the weather is sweet

Make you wanna move your dancing feet

Hyped!!!

Participant

7-11 “beer garden” should be rockin’ tonight

Participant

Have fun, get some pictures!!

Participant

Brutal. Phenomenal. Great performance. Much respect.

Participant

AMAZING show, the energy was incredible, bug and daddy freddy absolutely nailed it – it was electric! i thought it was easily the best performance we’ve had at xiong mao yet.

Quote:
    AMAZING show, the energy was incredible, bug and daddy freddy absolutely nailed it – it was electric! i thought it was easily the best performance we’ve had at xiong mao yet.

Aw man… Stoked for all of you that went, but gutted that I missed it if it was kicking off so hard. I was up this morning at 4:30 to make sure I made my HK flight. I’ll have to get the deets from you when I get back. Anyone get any pics?

Participant

The Bug on twitter –

Proven wrong(again).Thought it was gonna be shit.BUT crushed Cheng Du proppa. A lot of smiles on faces.We gave, we received. Loved it..

Keymaster

Good to hear! Photos or video?

I was at a Minus (Richie Hawtin’s label) event tonight in Chicago.

Participant
    Quote:
    Photos or video?

I’ll try to track some down. I always take my camera then forget to take pictures.

Quote:
    I was at a Minus (Richie Hawtin’s label) event tonight in Chicago.

Who was playing? I’d love to see Magda.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Who was playing? I’d love to see Magda.

Magda, Troy Pierce and Marc Houle, all the Minus crew except Richie. Funny that you mention Magda, one of the guys I went with (DJ Simon) is good friends with Magda and the other is a techno head also (Nemo K). I hadn’t heard of Troy Pierce or Marc Houle before.

Participant

Troy Pierce, Marco Houle and Magda are the 3 biggest acts in the minus crew after Hawtin. They ‘left’ minus last year to start their own label called Items and Things.

I’ve been asking about bringing Magda here for the last 6 months but those minus guys are tough to deal with. She’d probably cost an arm and a leg too!

Keymaster

I might be able to help with that.

I’d really like to get Nigel Richards over though (611 Records). I emailed you about that!

Participant

Yeah, I just replied.

More from The Bug on facebook

“It’s great to be proven wrong(again)..We thought it was gonna be a questionable show, inna questionable cocktail club. BUT, we ended up mashing up Cheng Du proppa. A sick crowd freaked the hell out, as we piled on the pressure. Fantastic energy, very large bass, and a lot of smiles on a lotta faces…. We gave, we received..Loved it…Big up Andy/Dave for booking us in, and the good ppl of Cheng Du for making it a very, very memorable night(Also nice to see, there were more ladies than guys in the area, and dancing was tuned to MAXIMUM self expression…hahaha)”

questionable cocktail club = lol

Participant
    Quote:
    and the good ppl of Cheng Du for making it a very, very memorable night(Also nice to see, there were more ladies than guys in the area,

on weibo i saw photos of daddy freddy and the bug partying up with some “grade A” la meis

haha stylin’

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.