The Clubhouse – International Sports Club

HomeForumsIn ChengduThe Clubhouse – International Sports Club

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The Clubhouse is a newly opened sports club and bar located on the 12th floor of the Soho building.

Within the bar we have Harvest Draft beers, a wide selection of bottled beers from around the world, cocktails and mixed drinks.

With a 100 inch HD projector, large HD screens and three satellite systems we have the ability to show sports from around the world including but not limited to; Football, Rugby, AFL, NFL, NHL, NBA, UFC, MOTO GP, F1. Please add us on Wechat to be sent the weekly schedule of sports.

As well as the sport on the TV The Clubhouse will be the home of the Chengdu International Football League and in the coming months it is our intention to start organizing other sporting groups that can use the Clubhouse as a base.

Very soon we will be starting a running club, regular basketball, darts, poker and swimming. As time goes by we will add more sports so if you are interested in participating in any sports please get in touch.

The Clubhouse opening hours: Monday to Wednesday closed, Thursday 6pm, Friday 6pm, Saturday 3pm, Sunday 3pm.

Participant

This weeks live sports schedule at the Clubhouse. If you have any requests to watch other events please get in touch.

Keymaster

Awesome! Currently there is no go-to place to watch a lot of these games. I’m curious about NBA and NFL games in particular – I assume these won’t be shown live at the Clubhouse because they will air in the morning, but is there any chance that replays or anything will be available? How will those type of games work? I assume the football and rugby games being shown on the 23rd aren’t live.

Participant

Awesome! Currently there is no go-to place to watch a lot of these games. I’m curious about NBA and NFL games in particular – I assume these won’t be shown live at the Clubhouse because they will air in the morning, but is there any chance that replays or anything will be available? How will those type of games work? I assume the football and rugby games being shown on the 23rd aren’t live.

Everything on that list is live except from Argentina v South Africa rugby.

Participant

Hi Charlie,

I just spent a bit of time researching the NFL schedule (and will look at the NBA schedule a bit nearer the time).

I can see no reason why we couldn’t replay the Thursday night games either on Friday afternoon or early evening depending on channel schedules.

It is possible we could show one or two of the early Sunday games live if enough are interested (although it will be quite late, 2am i think but we are open till that time for the live soccer anyway). At present we don’t open on a Monday and Tuesday but if we can round up enough people we could certainly do replays those nights.

The exciting thing I noticed is the opening Sunday of the season is on the mid autumn festival weekend and everyone has Monday off so there is the possibility to have a live NFL night/morning. Does this sound like something of interest to the NFLers?

For the other type of football we run a weekly predictor with cash prizes. Perhaps we can do something similar with this too.

Basically we are open to whatever suits the NFL community but it’s new territory for us so let us know what you’d like. We will also be able to show NCAA as well so the above is not only limited to NFL.

Keymaster

The exciting thing I noticed is the opening Sunday of the season is on the mid autumn festival weekend and everyone has Monday off so there is the possibility to have a live NFL night/morning. Does this sound like something of interest to the NFLers? For the other type of football we run a weekly predictor with cash prizes. Perhaps we can do something similar with this too. Basically we are open to whatever suits the NFL community but it’s new territory for us so let us know what you’d like. We will also be able to show NCAA as well so the above is not only limited to NFL.

I’m definitely interested, and I’m pretty sure I can bring a group of friends for that. I would only expect playoff games to attract a crowd, and the audience for the Superbowl is probably enormous. But replays of Thursday games would be something that I would check out. For NBA, playoffs will be popular for sure. There might even be a significant Chinese audience for that, having a foreign bar with sports fans, which to my knowledge, has never existed in Chengdu.

Participant

It’s not on your list, but will you guys be showing the Rugby League Challenge Cup final tomorrow? Pretty sure it kicks off at 15.00GMT

Participant

It’s not on your list, but will you guys be showing the Rugby League Challenge Cup final tomorrow? Pretty sure it kicks off at 15.00GMT

It looks like we can get it but we need to double check the channel later when we open. We’re already showing the UFC, Chelsea v Leicester and Crystal Palace v West Ham live at that time. Is it just yourself that wants to watch it? We could probably show it instead of Crystal Palace v West Ham if there is enough interest. The UFC ends at 11pm so I think we can guarantee showing the 2nd half.

Definitely interested in watching NFL games that air at reasonable times. You guys have WiFi, right? I need to keep tabs on my fantasy team.

Participant

Showing UFC tonight?

Participant

Showing UFC tonight?

Yes, 9pm – 11pm live.

Participant

Definitely interested in watching NFL games that air at reasonable times. You guys have WiFi, right? I need to keep tabs on my fantasy team.

Yep, wifi friendly.

Participant

Fancy a flutter? Join us for our race night on Friday and place some bets.

Starts around 8pm, first race around 8.30 ish

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PS – Sorry to keep on bumping this but there isn’t an events thread.

Keymaster

Fancy a flutter? Join us for our race night on Friday and place some bets. Starts around 8pm, first race around 8.30 ish

PS – Sorry to keep on bumping this but there isn’t an events thread.

Bump this thread all you like with events. I think it’s better this way.

Participant

Bourbon & Gambling

Starting to remind me of a certain club in Atlantic City

Participant

Live Sport at The Clubhouse this weekend. Feel free to contact if you have requests for any other sport.

Showing any NFL games Sunday night? Maybe the New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons at 1am or the Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots at 1am.

Keymaster

Showing any NFL games Sunday night? Maybe the New Orleans Saints vs. Atlanta Falcons at 1am or the Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots at 1am.

Interested in this also. Haven’t checked out this place yet but Sunday would be the perfect time after that music festival.

Participant

Hopefully able to show some games but really not 100% sure at the moment. In previous years ASN showed NFL live. They just issued a statement today:

“Dear ASN fans,

We apologize for the delay in announcing the NFL 2014/15 schedule. We are pleased to inform you that ASN will broadcast NFL Live in Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Macau, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia & Laos.
    Please check out our ASN website and join our Facebook page to get the latest news.

For viewers who are in other countries such as Hong Kong, Taiwan and Thailand, please check with your local broadcasters for more information.

ASN”

Our ASN HD channels come from HK and TW….

We have other ASN channels on our IPTV system, just not sure which country they come from. We will try to confirm tomorrow.

Cheers

Participant

And if we do have a game live it looks like it’ll be the Redskins @ Houston Texans

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.