The Lazy Pug (Restaurant)

HomeForumsIn ChengduThe Lazy Pug (Restaurant)

• This topic has 98 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoEric.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I’m at Lazy Pug now. These guys turned the grill on at 11pm to make burgers when the kitchen had already shut down. Plus since I’ve sat here they’ve played some of the best hip hop I’ve heard in Chengdu (seriously – Dilla, Atmosphere, Common, Roy Ayers, Gangstarr, old Yeezy etc). Love this place.

Post workout protein chow down, 11pm, soundtrack included.

Dig.

Participant

I go there for a few drinks pretty much just for the music; its nice to hang out in a chengdu bar with good tunes. Decent drinks, good music, everything is fine in the world….

I like the interior, bit dark because of the lack of natural light, but ok.

place smelled like they had been frying something non-stop for 2 weeks though, maybe open a window in the kitchen or upgrade your ventilation.

Food was good, great to see Stella on the menu as well. I like my fries crispy though, they were kinda soggy. The salad we had was good, a bit sweet maybe because of the porc (which tastes really good). Next time i’m most def having the spare ribs!

one tip: don’t have the staff hover over tables and take away plates before people even swallowed their last bite. You simply can’t take one person’s plate, if the other is still eating.

I will eat here again and tell people to try

If forgot to ask, doesn’t anybody where to find a secure bike parking nearby?

Anyone put a Chinese address pls?

Keymaster

成都凯悦新城负1楼一环路南一段9号. Phone: (028) 85063516

Participant

Im glad that the pug has gotten so much attention on this forum. I can understand people’s complaints that the food can be a little pricey, but I do feel that the service, atmosphere, and management is exceptional. So Im very pleased that such a place exists in Chengdu, and hope it does good business for the long term. It will be a challenge to find the right price-point to entice the student population that seems to dominate that shopping plaza.

Participant

Props to the Lazy Pug for donating a 250RMB gift certificate to my NGO’s charity auction tomorrow. Its not too late to come by and check it out!

Participant

Overall the pug is very solid (music, decor, food quality), but I just wish the portions were a tad larger to meet the price tags. Fully understand the costs of a Western restaurant, but the burger was so greasy and good that I ate it too fast and left feeling not very full.

OK,

So, I have been going back to the see the “Pugs” for the last two weeks after I returned from summer vacation in Canada.

Before I left the Du last month, I noticed that the “puggies” had been working on some changes to the menu, and adjustments to the decor, all while trying to respond the feedbacks they received from here and other sites.

I say, enough is enough!! You now have it dialed in!!!

The food is consistently good, the music is fanastic, drinks are generous, and the new painting and clean surroundings make the Lazy Pug the #1 happy hour, sunday brunch, early dinner, and late supper spot in the Du.

Looking forward to TACO NIGHT on Thursday with free margaritas from 7-9 for the ladies (before that other free wine night at 9), and brunch next Sunday, not to mention the brand new fresh juicing machine.

Keep up the good work, Pugsters, puglettes, puggies and Pugs. This is the one place to get ya sum real good mid-western style grub while you are here in the Du.

Let me know what you think about that.

Keymaster

Plus they got brunch on Sundays now!

Participant

The tacos (tacos/salsa) were like bland bits of cardboard before…is the “taco thursday” different? Anyone with favorable reviews of the taco dishes? I’m a big fan, but quite frankly, unless I was just unlucky they had nothin’ on a bag of like..sabrina’s bought tostitos / salsa.

When I think Tacos/Burritos in China, I can only think of one place: Cantina Agave in Shanghai. I wish there was something like *that* here.

Keymaster

I got chips and salsa there the other day. The person I brought there was freaking out they were so good. I don’t know what you got served but when I go there the food is pretty much routinely outstanding. My favorite Western restaurant in Chengdu by a long shot now. I’ve never had the tacos though.

Participant

I got chips and salsa too – were your chips dark in colour with a pink mushy salsa? Like I said, maybe I just got unlucky.. I’m not opposed to trying again, especially since it seems everyone else gives it good reviews…

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I got chips and salsa too – were your chips dark in colour with a pink mushy salsa? Like I said, maybe I just got unlucky.. I’m not opposed to trying again, especially since it seems everyone else gives it good reviews…

Yeah, it looks like they made their own chips. They came out still warm. The salsa looked like salsa, it wasn’t pink.

Will be checking this place out for dinner tomorrow with lovesiwo. Taco Night and free margaritas for ladies, I hear.

open invitation to join!

Will be checking this place out for dinner tomorrow with lovesiwo. Taco Night and free margaritas for ladies, I hear.

open invitation to join!

Hey Ziich,

At what time will you be there ? I was planning to go there tomorrow but it might be late (compared to chinese dinner hours)

Cheers,

Guigz

Hey Ziich,

At what time will you be there ? I was planning to go there tomorrow but it might be late (compared to chinese dinner hours)

Cheers,

Guigz

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 114 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.