The Loose Cannons @ Xiong Mao 6/30

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThe Loose Cannons @ Xiong Mao 6/30

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Avatar photoAM.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

loose-cannons.jpg

“Undoubtedly the finest party djs this side of Mars and our Bestival after-party DJs of choice.” Rob Da Bank (BBC Radio 1 DJ & Co-Organiser of Camp Bestival)

“The Loose Cannons have got Tiger Blood.” Charlie Sheen

Participant

Word, I have some Boy-Bit remixes of their tracks. This is going to be a PHUN one

Participant

Speaking of Djs, anyone heard about Deadmau5’s blog “All we do is press play”? (sorry too lazy/unable to link. Just google it). Most of the techinical shit is WAY over my head, but it’s interesting for a big name DJ to come out and say this. Reactions range from “bullshit!” to “really, no shit” to “I knew it all along”. He says he can teach people the skills in one hour. Look forward to a fresh new DJ in town: DJ RAY !

Disclaimer: I’m not making any comparisons to the Loose Cannons or any other DJs on this site. in fact, i’m looking forward to checking them out..good music is good music….

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Speaking of Djs, anyone heard about Deadmau5’s blog “All we do is press play”? (sorry too lazy/unable to link. Just google it). Most of the techinical shit is WAY over my head, but it’s interesting for a big name DJ to come out and say this. Reactions range from “bullshit!” to “really, no shit” to “I knew it all along”. He says he can teach people the skills in one hour. Look forward to a fresh new DJ in town: DJ RAY !

Deadmau5 is not and never really was a DJ, and he’s always kind of loathed DJ culture because he was never really a part of it (he’s a producer). He makes music, but when he got big enough and everyone’s knocking on his door to perform them live for a paying audience, of course he’s not going to say no.

The traditional path (established over the last 10-15 years) for successful DJ’s is this:

1. Produce music

2. Get a lot people to play/listen to your music

3. Book tours

4. Profit

5. Repeat

Deadmau5 is half right: you can be a wack DJ with very little effort due to the technology available now. It’s not like mixing records was 10+ years ago, now it’s accessible to everyone, like music production and many creatives pursuits aided and enabled by technology.

But him saying that all DJ’s do is “press play” is a dramatic exaggeration.

Participant

Plus he wears a big mouse head on stage. That can be a credibility killer…..

Participant

Deadmau5 likes the controversy. He was in the news the other day for telling Madonna to “f#ck off you f#cking idiot”

Some of what he is saying is true. There are DJs out there that do virtually nothing. One of the fellas out of the Swedish House Mafia got caught miming. Dj Sneak called him a DJ Actor.

The same goes for live sets though. Its easier to fake a live set as so few people use hardware now. Just play a prerecorded set on your laptop, hardly anybody will notice unless you don’t plug something in.

Participant

getting back on track

Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.