The truth hurts but open and honesty are appreciated

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThe truth hurts but open and honesty are appreciated

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Sure there’s a shortage of Chinese women, but there is a bigger shortage of “eligible” Chinese men. By eligible, i mean wealthy or wealthy enough to provide the modern comfortable life that girls expect. Chinese guys, especially the wealthy ones, can, to some extent pick and choose. Why do you think so many married men have second wives or mistresses? The chinese players exist, but we wont notice them so much. He shows his pimpnes by his $$$$$

The ones i have true sympathy for are the decent Chinese guys who through misfortune or by lack of connections are not pulling in the big bucks. Those guys truly have limited options. It’s brutal for these cats. Imagine being deemed as worthless by a society that values NOTHING else but $$$$. “But he’s a nice guy”? means jack shit here. Here’s something i read onine: Western love: “I love you”. Chinese love: “I love you if…”(insert as necessary eg. you buy me a house/my parents approve/you will devote your entire existence to me/you will have no outside hobbies or interests/you will buy me a 2nd house etc.)

I think Chris is right on the money above, especially with regard to the ‘average’ young foreigner’s reception in Chengdu, or any other Chinese city for that matter. I remember reading an article a long while back that coined the term ‘demigod’ in reference to both the reception given the average (in this instance) white male, and the attitude carried by many guys who all of a sudden find themselves the centre of such attentions. I continue to personally find any attention out of the ordinary very charming, especially when I’ve been in more remote areas, but I don’t take that as a license to nail everything that moves an eyeball in my direction, as interesting as that might be. There’s definitely a cultural caveat in attitudes toward sex between ‘East’ & ‘West’, but regardless it will always come down to personal choice. It’s been noted in this thread that your average Chinese male might find it tough to find a ‘partner’ (of any description you choose), but nothing has been said of the rise of the calculative Chinese woman looking for her life sponsor, be he of any cultural denomination. I’m certain a considerable number of women who’ve had less than kind things to say about foreign guys in particular, are themselves guilty of having specifically sought out one in the first place with their own agenda. Whichever dynamic you choose to address, each and every one exists upon the premise of choice, and unless you make one/several wisely, or in keeping with your expectations, you can only expect something other than you had bargained for.

Participant

@JerryS: “China is a different world and its a ‘gold rush’ for those looking for ass”

you mean ‘girl rush’? it gives me chill……

Participant

understand in general about all the opinions above but still think they are all still a bit of skin-deep.

Participant

Its an all too common convo when i hang out with my American friends. Somehow it steers into the sex realm and always its them talking about X woman with legs or Y woman with big tats. Cant believe Chinese girls are into dirt balls (though to their defense they are not culturally versed in Western point of view).

I rather talk about current events, home food and other things, yet they will talk about their sexual endeavors, which is the last thing i want to hear. Another common thinking from my friends is that Chinese men can not do it well. I have on clue about that, because i am not going to bed a dude.

“Let’s talk about sex, Je-rry!…”

Participant

@Brendan: back off, dude. Jerry has already declared that he is not going to bed a dude. lol

Participant

@Jerry

Just because guys chat with other guys about women or conquests doesn’t mean they talk the same way to or in front of women they intend to bed 😀

Question on that topic – if you consider them dirt balls and don’t enjoy their conversations, why are they your ‘friends’? Seems kinda weird to me mate!

Participant

Who says i can be friends with dirt balls? I have friends in different realms, each has their quality that are good and bad. Similar to college buds vs friends from home vs HS friends vs martial arts family. The closest friends are the ones that i bled, sweat and cried with, which coincidentally is the martial arts family. I dont enjoy the convo when they (anyone) demonize women, so i let them know it. Keeping my ground around them is key.

Participant

Jerry S: you might find our discussions more stimulating. No talk about girls, we usually discuss:

-if that guy over there classifies as a hipster. Often we consult Ziich for the final word. He’s our resident hipster authority.

-anything and everything reddit-related (hey did you see that cat!)

-how many muscles/ligaments/joints Brendan has severed in his life/the past week. Sometimes this gets gruesome

-if in fact Lucy’s bar is the worst bar in the history of the world (gets my vote)

-how many stink-eyes can you bear before it’s time to make that sucker pay (Rachel says 4)

-dissing laowai fashion sense (he was wearing stone wash for god’s sake!) and Chinese (orange mini + leopard print top = classy)

I think you’d find it intellectually nourishing….

Participant

Aww reddit… I found reddit recently, someone mentioned it in one of these threads on this forum. Got curious and now im drunk off of it everyday.

Yea, its good to communicate in different tones, teaching kids how to say ‘i like cat’ is very tiring.

This is funny stuff!

Participant

I’m super late to this party but I think a big issue in China is that the girls here start “dating” a lot later than westerners and are generally inexperienced. The lesson that Lucy learned, we all learned when we were, like, 16. As Danielle said, a 2 week fling is not a relationship, and if you’re going to throw yourself at a guy, you can’t be mad when he doesn’t want to make you his girlfriend. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free? If I were a single girl in a foreign country full of hot men throwing themselves at me, I wouldn’t be able to choose just one either.

Participant

JerryS:

Quote:
    Y woman with big tats

Love me some big tats too! 😉

Quote:
    If I were a single girl in a foreign country full of hot men throwing themselves at me, I wouldn’t be able to choose just one either.

Rachel, I heard this is basically what women ESL teachers in South America experience. We may be living on the wrong continent.

lol! this thread with the salt n pepa throwback in the background has made my day.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.