This is Claudia from Peru!

HomeForumsClassifiedsPersonalsThis is Claudia from Peru!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hola a todos!

I’m Claudia, Peruvian girl currently living in Chengdu.

I’m here since October, I had incredible experiences and I learned a few things too. But I speak very basic Chinese, and I want more and more cultural exchange. That’s why I’ll start to study Mandarin at University next March. Southwest University for Nationalities 西南民族大学

I’m very interested in Chinese language, so I’d like have a language partners – friends, I can teach you Spanish as well! We can also speak in english, but I promise you I’m not good enough! haha 🙂

Any other language for me it’s awesome to learn, and also find people who want to share with me their experiences here in China, that will be awesome!

My main interests are photography, art, cultural exchange of course, music from around the world – Rock from 70’s 80’s 90’s my favorites bands, I like dancing with any rhythm and more if is from LATAM, surrealist literature, traveling and more.

Have a awesome stay too!

Adeus!

Clau

Keymaster

You’ve been here for a few months, but welcome to Chengdu anyway! I’m sure you’ll pick up Chinese quickly since you already speak a few languages. You’ll meet a lot of people at the minorities university, there are tons of new students there every semester.

Good luck!

Hello Claudia!

Participant

Welcome to Chengdu, although it’s a long way off of the sunshine and scenery in miraflores 😀

Participant

Thanks again Charlie! 😀

Yeah it’s totally true and I’m so happy now about it, I can’t wait to start! Anyway I’ll keep practicing a Little of Chinese that I learned when I was in Confucius of Peru. Good luck for you too, and this forum it’s really great!

Hi Brendan. Como estas? 🙂

Hey Rick! oh gosh, Do you know Peru? And Miraflores , near the beach! I was living near the beach also but in San Miguel between San Isidro Districts. Wow awesome. Where are you from?

Participant

I’ve only spent about a week in Lima over 2 passes through, and of course some time in cusco / aguas calientes, but all was fantastic. Good memories – scenery – and awesome food, but only really hung around the miraflores area in Lima 😀 from Canada, but stuck in Chengdu a lil’ over 9 years.

Participant

Wonderful, you know Peru. Sure, Cuzco! Essential destination 🙂

Machu Picchu is magical, also the entire Cuzco. I’m sure it was great for you too!

Wow 9 years! That happens, this city is fantastic, you can always discover something new and You couldn’t fall into routine. I don’t know, it’s happens to me 😀

Participant

You’re welcome Claudia, a nice life for you in Chengdu! see you, ciao!

Participant

Grazie Federico, no doubt! 🙂

arrivederci!

Participant

hey claugomo; got stuck in Ayacucho (is the spelling right?) for 10 days due to a landslide. Great town though. Never saw any sendero luminoso ha ha! Welcome to Chengdu!

Participant

Hello Ray!

Awesome, you know Peru also! That’s makes me happy haha.

Yup it’s Ayacucho, you spelled perfect. Good destiny also.

Landslides in this place are very common, and it’s great that you hadn’t problems.

You know about of Sendero Luminoso – the Shining Path? You surprise me!

Indeed, nowadays the “followers” of SL-SP are hiding behind the drug trafficking, money laundering and always in the most rural areas of the country. And unbelievable trying to enter politics with Movadef name. Well after all it isn’t unbelievable anymore.

Don’t worry they likes foreigners hahaha, I’m kidding!

Next time I recommend you stop in Puerto Maldonado MANU, Paracas Beaches, The Oasis in ICA, Nazca lines, Cuzco of course, Arequipa and Huaraz. And if you’ll go Lima please, Let me give you contacts and stuff.

Thanks, I’m spending good times for sure!

Participant

Sweet, I’ll be studying at the University for Nationalities next semester too! I know a little bit of Chinese, and used to know a little bit of Spanish too but recently it’s no bueno, but if you need anything I’m sure we’ll be able to understand each other. Your English sounds pretty good from your post, btw. You sound cool, hopefully we’re in the same class.

Participant

Hola Liam!

Sounds great, you’ll going to SWUN too! 🙂

Of course, We can help each other with 汉语 and Spanish, I have friends from Chengdu, and We can meet them too, will be awesome!

I hope you’re enjoying you stay also!

See ya!

Participant

I study at Sichuan normal univer hope we can be friends,lol

Participant

Hey and a belated welcome to the Chengdu expat community.

Isn’t the University for Nationalities the one that moved to a new cmapus outside the city this Autumn? I might be mixing things up, but if it is you’ll be in one of the most beautiful locations I’ve ever seen. Pretty far away from civilisation, though.

Anyway; Chinese is a tricky language for most westerners, but it’s far from impossible, so keep at it. And if you ever feel like learning a Scandinavian language gimme a holler… 😉

Participant

Welcome~

Participant

[Isn’t the University for Nationalities the one that moved to a new cmapus outside the city this Autumn? I might be mixing things up, but if it is you’ll be in one of the most beautiful locations I’ve ever seen. Pretty far away from civilisation, though.]

I hadn’t heard this so I looked into it (Online, I’m not currently in Chengdu but will be for Spring semester). According to google maps, there are two campuses, one alongside the 1st ring road and another outside the expressway. Wikipedia says there is a 3rd campus outside the 2nd ring.

It could just be there’s a new campus but maybe they teach the foreigners out there? It looks pretty nice from the pictures on the web, but it would kind of whomp to be that far from the city center (15 km)..

Participant

Hi Maoxinyu!

Of course!

We can practice Chinese/Spanish/Chinglish/…and hanging out with others friends!

Participant

Welcome again Claudia. I’ve been studying at the Nationalities University this year and it’s going OK. Seems like there are a few Spanish speakers around, I had a classmate from Mexico, maybe not good for practicing Chinese but always nice to have someone to talk to in your own language.

To clarify the location, the university does have two campuses, but the foreign students and Chinese study are all at the old campus in the city on first ring road.

Participant

Hi @Urglefloggah!

Thanks for welcome!

Well, I’m not sure about the new campus, but I heard the U has 3. And as @Liam says, He knows Two. Anyway, I’ll find out!

Of course!! I would like to learn Scandinavian! And by the way, which country are you from?

@liam So, Are you still in your country? Enjoy your days in your there! You’ll missing a lot of things and people when you’re leaving.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • The forum ‘Personals’ is closed to new topics and replies.