Thousands Fleeing the United States

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThousands Fleeing the United States

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

According to the web site EscapingAmerica.org, each year thousands of Americans leave the U.S. for a new home aboard. According to the main contributors of the site, there are many reason for this, including economical issue such as wages continuing to decline. Also crime is on the rise. The cost of health care in the US is a big problem, too. Americans pay more for health care than any other country, yet America ranks only 38th in the world in terms of health care. Lastly, education in the U.S. is extremely expensive. And getting in to a college can be very difficult even if you can afford it. [Name] is a 30 year resident of the U.S.. He moved his family back to Japan due to the cost of health care and education. Health care in Japan is free and the education is extremely high quality. Why should this concern us? He took his high income and his company back to Japan. Meanwhile, America continues to allow many immigrants in to the country, and most are primarily poor. When Americans leave they take their social security, their retirement benefits and IRAs with them. And many times the company jobs.

Education: Each year thousands of students travel abroad for education. Again this is a case of U.S. dollars flowing out of the country. One such student we talked with told us he was not able to get into medical school here, even with a 4.0 GPA and an IQ of 185. But he was able to get student loans totaling $250,000 and he qualified for medical school in the Dominican Republic. That’s more money flowing out of the U.S.. More and more Americans now travel abroad for education. Each year thousands of doctors come from India because America cannot educate doctors fast enough for the growing demand of an ailing society. The U.S. allows roughly 70,000 work visas for highly educated foreigners to come and work in the country. These companies insist that they cannot find skilled labor here, and that Americans just do not have the education needed to fill these jobs.

Health Care: Statistics show that for every one person coming to the U.S. for medical care, more than 12 travel outside the U.S. to countries like Thailand that average over 5,000 foreigners each day for medical care. Think about that: 35,000 patients each week travel to Thailand for medical care, while the U.S. averages only about 60,000 foreign patients per year who come for medical treatment. Most of the 60,000 come from poor countries with little or no medical care, while over 700,000 leave to get medical treatment in foreign countries.

Standard of living: The cost of living in many countries is a fraction of the cost needed to live in the U.S.. One expatriate, James, tells us, “Because many counties have such great transportation system there is no need to own a car. This saves me about $750 a month alone, with no need for gas, no car payment and no need for insurance. I can now afford a maid. I can afford a massage several times each week. I eat at restaurants every day. I wasn’t able to do any of those things in the U.S.. Medical care is so inexpensive for me now, I can just pay as I go and there is no wait. I can see doctors, same day, without an a appointment.”

The Editor of Escaping America states that by the year 2025 there will be more people leaving the U.S. than coming to it.

Participant

One thing that I must point out: Crime rates in the US have been falling since 1991.

To be honest, I didn’t bother to read on after this glaringly false ‘fact’.

Participant

Missing Numbers

One  interesting number they missed is the number of men marrying and moving overseas. A recent article regarding international marriage agencies says that they have seen a major shift from men marrying foreign women and bringing them to the USA, and are now moving to the countries where the women reside. Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A Foreign Affair – an international dating company that takes groups of men to foreign countries to meet foreign women – says, “More and more men are now moving to her country, where before women wanted to come to the USA. With the standard of living greatly increasing in other countries and the internet making work from any location possible, men are happy to move abroad. Many men now marry foreign women and then retire to her country. In China, where Chinese men will not marry women who make more money than them, hundreds of thousands of extremely rich and beautiful single females are available for courtship.  So the old idea that these women are just marrying for a green card is debunked. For the guys moving from the USA to counties like Shanghai and Shenzhen, it is a big move up. These are huge, very modern and upscale cities.”

A Foreign Affair (AFA)  which  helps thousands of men each year find foreign brides a estimates that they will soon see more men leaving to marry aboard and live then bringing them  back to the USA.

Participant

Millions fleeing to the US.  Thousands seems like a low number to even report on.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/the-great-chinese-exodus-1408120906

Keymaster

And millions more are immigrating to the United States or dreaming of the prospect. The United States is doing just fine. Better than Europe, in most respects, which is another one of the most civilized places in the developed world to be.

One thing that I must point out: Crime rates in the US have been falling since 1991.

Definitely true. The city where I’m from, Washington DC, used to be the murder capital of the country. Crime has plummeted in the city during my lifetime, and the nationwide trend hasn’t been much different. One of the only cities with a great deal of violent crime remaining is Chicago (specifically the South side), and 80% of the crime there is gang-related which doesn’t directly affect ordinary citizens.

Participant

#1) The city of Detroit, Michigan literally looks like a war zone and violent crime is thriving. So far this year in Detroit, car thefts are up 83%, robberies are up 50%, burglaries are up 20% and property destruction is up 42%.

#2) Lawmakers in Illinois say that violence has become so rampant in Chicago that the National Guard needs to be sent in. In just one night last week seven people were killed and 18 were wounded – mostly by gunfire. In fact, there have already been 113 murders in Chicago this year.

#3) The city of Phoenix, Arizona has become the car theft capital of the world as millions of illegal aliens who can’t get work have found that stealing cars can be very profitable indeed.

#4) There are approximately 12 million crimes committed in the United States every single year. That is by far the worst in the world. No other nation has more than about 6 million reported crimes per year.

#5) In New York City, the number of homicides in the first quarter of the year had shot up by approximately 22 percent compared with 2009.

#6) U.S. prisons are already bursting at the seams. As you read this, there are over 2.2 million people in prison in the United States. In fact, America leads the world in the number of prisoners and in the percentage of the population in prison. The United States has 5% of the world’s population, but 25% of the world’s incarcerated population.

#7) U.S. law enforcement authorities claim that there are now over 1 million members of criminal gangs inside the country. These 1 million gang members are responsible for up to 80% of the crimes committed in the United States each year.

#8) There are over 100,000 rapes in the United States every single year. That is the highest number for any of the countries in the United Nations.

#9) According to USA Today, 58% of state and local law enforcement agencies in the United States reported that violent criminal gangs were active in their areas in 2008. That was up from 45% in 2004.

#10) Every year, one out of every five people is a victim of a crime in the United States. No other nation on earth has a rate that is higher.

Keymaster

That’s a copy and pasted article from 2010. Ever been to Detroit, Chicago, or any of the places mentioned here? They are not war-zones. Small portions of those cities are where a vast majority of the crime is committed, and an overwhelming number of those homicides are between gang members who willingly put themselves into danger.

Crime has gone down 50% since 1992 as mentioned above. And even if you look at 2010, crime went down that year also. We’re talking about trends, and the clear and dramatic trend is a reduction in violent crime. With that said, America is more violent than Europe. It has been for over 100 years.

Participant

I gotta second Charlie on this. Often these stats are sensationalist and don’t give a true picture of a city. Detroit is a war zone? Detroit also has some insanely wealthy neighborhoods, and the downtown shocked me by how vibrant and bustling it was. Oh yeah, and of course Baltimore is all “The Wire” right? Except that the waterfront is incredible. I remember as a stupid naive white boy traveling to South Central L.A and expecting gang banging and shit and finding…..just a kinda shitty LA suburb. Of course, you wanna find trouble, it will find you and come back for seconds, and that’s what these misleading stats fail to mention.

Participant

I posted the above to prove a point that most crime stats are either false or manipulated and that there is so much conflicting information on the internet. Look at the work Mark Fazlollah did regarding crime stats. Every city has it’s rough areas. Also governments love stats and surveys. In the city and country I grew up Liverpool/England. I would say that crimes like burglary etc have gone down, but the crimes that are committed seem to be more violent especially among the youth. Also a lot of people nowadays don’t even report minor crimes.

Keymaster

I posted the above to prove a point that most crime stats are either false or manipulated and that there is so much conflicting information on the internet. Look at the work Mark Fazlollah did regarding crime stats. Every city has it’s rough areas. Also governments love stats and surveys. In the city and country I grew up Liverpool/England. I would say that crimes like burglary etc have gone down, but the crimes that are committed seem to be more violent especially among the youth. Also a lot of people nowadays don’t even report minor crimes.

I went to high school in DC, a few miles away from where people would get stabbed in broad daylight. It wasn’t an everyday thing, but it happened. I remember the first time I came out of a nightclub and right outside of the club was a crime scene where someone had been killed. DC is no longer like that – like the rest of the country, it’s much safer now. Don’t believe everything you read online.

I also don’t buy the “everyone’s leaving the US because it sucks” narrative. The US is a fine place to be. Yes, there are people leaving, but that’s nothing new – it’s a country of 300 million people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.