Thrift Stores in Chengdu?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionThrift Stores in Chengdu?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I just happened upon this article about a Goodwill opening up on Renmin Nanlu in September. Has anyone checked it out?

Related, does anyone have any experience thrifting in Chengdu in general? I found a dope old MTV sweater at a street fair a couple months back, but don’t think I’ve seen any stores dedicated to second-hand clothing.

Related, does anyone have any experience thrifting in Chengdu in general?

Cue Hyobin Sung and her ‘Second Hand Story’ store…

Keymaster

Snap, I have clothes and things that I can donate here. Never heard of thrifting in China but there are so many good finds in the states. One of my friends toured in the states recently and one of the highlights from his trip was thrifting in California, he came back with all manner of wacky clothes that are a hit in Shanghai.

Participant

I just had a friend recently show me a nice-ish jacket that he paid several hundred renminbi at a “vintage store” on taobao for. Think he mighta missed the point of thrift shopping…

Oh I just remembered Here We Go does a little flea market thing on Sundays (I believe), though the one time I went it was pretty slim pickins.

And Liam, some people just have a hard time calculating the exchange rate XD

Keymaster

Oh I just remembered Here We Go does a little flea market thing on Sundays (I believe), though the one time I went it was pretty slim pickins. And Liam, some people just have a hard time calculating the exchange rate XD

There used to be regular thrift events at the Hemp House, they were pretty much the same deal. I have hope that an actual Good Will here could be different.

Participant

Oh I just remembered Here We Go does a little flea market thing on Sundays (I believe), though the one time I went it was pretty slim pickins. And Liam, some people just have a hard time calculating the exchange rate XD

anywhere i can find out more about these flea markets?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.