Tishman Speyer Building

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTishman Speyer Building

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

does anyone know some company or news will enter TISHMAN SPEYER, with a new commerical bulding in CBD area..?

Participant

If you’re talking about their new project, The Atrium, I was actually at the opening ceremony.. looks like it will be a pretty fantastic development.. Don’t think they’ve sold any property yet – from my understanding they still had different real estate offices pitching them for business.

Quote:
    The Atrium, I was actually at the opening ceremony.. looks like it will be a pretty fantastic development..

I’m curious about the Atrium, I’m here for construction myself, and pass this building at least twice a day between my apartment and the downtown.

It looks as though there’s some effort to complete very quickly, so I’m interested to know what the finish quality within the lobby is like. Do they have a display suite set up already? And more to the point, what took you to the opening event!?

Participant

Brendan – I had to go for work. The lobby looked pretty nice, I didn’t get to see too much of the building (well, what has been completed) but they did have display suites set up that were gorgeous. The interior design company is from Singapore so I think it will be pretty top notch. By top notch I mean not look like the interior of 88 Club.. I hope the Atrium does really well as the TS bigwigs were super cool!

Quote:
    I had to go for work.

Pray tell…

Participant

Networking mostly. Nothing too exciting.

Participant

That is going to be a great project when completed…I can see it going up from my apartment. It was designed by the architecture firm I used to work for in America, SOM. They have rigorous standards with construction details, even with projects in China. Tishman also has a reputation for top quality commercial developments.

Participant

hey Adam, i guess you’re the same from your pic, which helped us for tickets to get in XiongMao club.. If you are, thanks!

So whats our role when you were working the US firm…?

Participant

Hey bruce not lee…that was in fact me at XiongMao that helped you guys out. I guess I’m a pretty recognizable laowai with the glasses, haha.

When I was working at SOM back in San Francisco I was focusing primarily on the design of commercial office towers in the U.S. Here in China I’ve been working mainly on mixed-use developments usually with retail, office, residential and hospitality functions. Are you somehow involved in commercial real estate development?

I’m actually working with Charlie on a post right now for this site about all the new developments happening up and down DongDaJie…so keep an eye out for that. It’s pretty amazing all the stuff going up at the moment.

Participant

Tishman Speyer, another future landmark of east Chengdu.

项目由品牌购物中心、甲级办公楼、国际高端住宅和商务公寓四大物业组成,总建筑面积约17万平米。办公楼和商业物业已申报获得美国“能源和环保设计领导者(LEED)”金奖预认证。晶融汇将为成都展示一个具有全球化魅力、可持续发展的世界级城市地标。

Participant

yes Adam, i never touch real estate industry bf. I was working as a travel agent when i was in Sydney. Then now doing some management assistance in electric power design institute of china power engineering consulting group, when i back in Chengdu, which is a national-owned company.

I just feel interested in real estate, even seem not very booming with it… but i hope to target myself with multi-career, that would be more wonderful.. 🙂

Participant

Now there’s a real estate downturn, but the added space is huge.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.