To All Proud iPad Owners (like me)

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTo All Proud iPad Owners (like me)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author

What if your iPad 2’s Smart Cover could also be a super-thin, super-loud speaker?

There is a Kickstarter project introducing the Sound Cover, an iPad smart cover with built-in NXT stereo speakers. It triples the iPad’s sound volume and add bass, turning the iPad2 into a truly portable multimedia system. It also has an incredible battery life of over 12 hrs, because it has its own power source and doesn’t drain iPad2. Doesn’t that sound great??? http://kck.st/tAqSPy

Awesome that you’ve posted a link to kickstarter on the forum Mina, I think it’s an amazing concept that’s already helped to fund all manner of creatives worldwide.

Of particular interest to me has been the ‘Style Wars Outtakes’ project that will take all the originally shot footage for the movie, and re-cut a new documentary on the graffiti phenomenon as it was exploding across NYC in the early 80’s. I grew up with the movie, and the books put together by Henry Chalfant & Martha Cooper, so seeing this come around again with previously unseen footage is really exciting. The project has already made it’s funding target, but donations can still be made, with some incredible rewards up for grabs.

Check it out! http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1254583771/style-wars-the-outtakes?ref=search

Thanks Brendan for sharing this, it’s absolutely wicked! The only downside is, Kickstarter transactions are processed by Amazon Payments, which currently restricts the ability to start a project to people or entities with a US bank account, US address, major US credit/debit card, and US state-issued ID (drivers license). People can fund projects from anywhere, it’s creation that’s limited. Too bad!

Any entrepreneur worth their salt would simply reply ‘where there’s a will, there’s a way’!

Interesting. The only thing that bothers me is the weight… 355g for a 600 gr device that’s too much for me. I wouldn’t define that as “super lightweight”.

@Guigz: I see your point. But 355g for a case+a pair of speakers is pretty good.

Well I guess it really depends on the way you’re using your Ipad. I use it mainly when I’m travelling or in the subway/bus/car so I only use my headphones.

At home if I need to watch a movie I will watch it on my Mac or my Blu Ray player, my Ipad is only to check my mail, browse Internet… when I’m in bed.

The most important point for a tablet is its weight for me. I’m just not the right target but I agree that some people could be interested.

Fair enough. I travel a lot for work and I see myself enjoy all the conveniences with this cover+speakers afforded by this cover+speakers. Doing conference calls with remote teams, giving presentations, or simply treat myself to some nice tunes or movies in the hotel room after a whole day’s work…I’m not very keen to travel with my MacBook…

Keymaster

This looks really cool. Right now the speaker on iPad is more or less useless for me. However, it looks like this will cost a lot ($130), add some weight, and mostly restrict you to tabletop use. I think these three things will reduce the potential audience, but for people who aren’t encumbered by those things, this is awesome.

@Charlie, thanks for sharing your thoughts. The offer on Kickstarter is quite a good deal ($110 including shipping & handling). As to the weight & restriction to tabletop use, I’m not worried at all coz I’m getting myself a bluetooth version of the Sound Cover which has wireless audio connection. With the bluetooth I can use my iPad without physically attaching it to any devices, and when I need to pack up the whole thing for traveling, it’s around 950g. I think it’s pretty amazing.

Well I don’t consider it expensive, at least in regard to European prices (the leather smart cover costs the equivalent of 90 $ in France).

But the weight is definitely an issue for me, especially when you see that the MacBook Air is 1,05 kg.

Keep us posted when you will have it.

Oui je te tiens au courant!

Ahahahah your French is good !

So is your English…

Ah la blague a deux balles…Excuse-moi!

“La blague a deux balles” Where did you get that ?!! I didn’t use that since 8th grade !

I hope you are kidding…Anyway, I don’t even remember the year of my 8th grade and I ( I mean “on”) am still saying it like this.

If you are French and still using that…Well…I’m sorry for you !

Very funny. I was about to say that to you but the other way around LOL

What’s the next step ? “La blague Carambar” ?!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.