To All Proud iPad Owners (like me)

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTo All Proud iPad Owners (like me)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Hey guys btw did you hear about the rumors of an Ipad 3 mini ?

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hey guys btw did you hear about the rumors of an Ipad 3 mini ?

I haven’t heard that particular rumor, no. Rumors about Apple-anything are a dime a dozen, though.

True. But that would make sense in order to compete with Samsung and its Galaxy Tab versions.

Participant

I don’t think Apple will make a smaller iPad anytime soon. Latest rumor I’ve heard for the iPad 3 is that it will be slightly thicker than the iPad 2.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    True. But that would make sense in order to compete with Samsung and its Galaxy Tab versions.

Apple competes with no one. Nothing Samsung makes is a threat to Apple at all. Samsung Galaxy Sales in 2011

Quote:
    Apple competes with no one. Nothing Samsung makes is a threat to Apple at all.

Absolutely. Even though Samsung are making some slick product, it just doesn’t, nor will it ever have the integration that helps Apple utterly dominate. Android doesn’t help their cause either. I’m almost glad I lost my HTC, it doesn’t even compare to the iPhone.

Hummm don’t agree with that like the sound speaker thing, it only depends of the way you use your device.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy SII and I won’t ever be able to use a currently Iphone again, the screen would look too ridiculous.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Hummm don’t agree with that like the sound speaker thing, it only depends of the way you use your device.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy SII and I won’t ever be able to use a currently Iphone again, the screen would look too ridiculous.

Why would the screen look ridiculous?

3,5″ screen Vs 4,3″. Believe me it changes a lot !

Galaxy S II has a larger screen, so a lower resolution/pixel density than the iPhone 4s. As to other features (appearance, operating system, storage, battery life, camera, etc), it’s almost a tie. At the end of the day it really depends on if you’re a devoted Apple fan or an Android lover. Both are great smartphones. That said, I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone.

Just for the fact of having an N64 & GBA emulator on my Galaxy, I’m choosing Android 🙂 (but I also like Apple products). I just prefer the possibilities that they offer me.

Participant

@Mina: Not trolling here, (I make a lousy troll. I tried it once) but why would you be proud to own a product? Not an anti-apple guy either….

@Ray: I wouldn’t use the word “proud” for whichever product. In my case, I’m not an avid Apple fan for no obvious reasons, it actually granted me a life-changing experience (let me know if you want more details on that). I keep buying Apple products not because Steve Jobs has brainwashed me, but because Apple was and still is producing products of the same awesome quality I was used to with my first iPod and Mac. Apple has cultivated a legion of brand loyalists, I think it’s the sense of belonging that brings the pride of owning its products – it’s like witnessing the brand develop over the years and being part of its history (no exaggerations, seriously).

Participant

Well said!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just for the fact of having an N64 & GBA emulator on my Galaxy, I’m choosing Android 🙂 (but I also like Apple products). I just prefer the possibilities that they offer me.

N64 games were meant to be played with an N64 controller though, which has an analogue stick and 8+ buttons. It just doesn’t work well on a touch screen.

What you mention reminds me of one of the biggest assets that Apple has: the App Store. The most skilled mobile developers around the world focus on Apple because that’s where the market (and revenue) are. Nothing beats software made to take advantage of the device that it’s running on, and that’s why emulators are mostly irrelevant to me on a cell phone.

If it’s games you’re interested in though, iOS happens to have more than any other platform ever, and extremely high quality ones as well. Did you know that 90% of mobile purchases happen on iPhones and iPads alone? Developers know this and that’s where they flock. As an iOS developer, I do not see this changing anytime within the next 5 years.

This came out kind of long. I could talk about iOS vs Android for a long time.

Relevant: A Good Smartphone Comes But Once a Year

Participant
    Quote:
    3,5″ screen Vs 4,3″. Believe me it changes a lot !

I have an iPhone 4 myself but I definately agree with this. After holding the S2 for a couple of minutes I always felt the iPhone screen is too small and has pretty large margins.

Hoped the iPhone 5 would change this, but then the 4S came out. Apple, I am disappoint.

@Charlie : Of course you won’t have the same comfort as if you were playing with a pad but some games are totally playable (Mario Kart, Mario 64, Conquer Bad Fur Day…). And don’t forget GBA games (only two buttons and a D-Pad so perfectly playable).

When you’re playing these games you’re not looking for a great gaming experience, I just want to rediscover games I was playing when I was 10 y.o !! Otherwise I would play on my DS.

I don’t’ care who has more apps (I really only use Google Maps & Google Translate on a very regular basis) just want to have the freedom to custom my phone in the way I want.

I also look to a lot of anime/podcast in the subway so having a big screen is my top priority and I think 4,3” is the best compromise.

We all have different needs…

Keymaster

Call me an Apple fanboy, but…

Quote:
    I have an iPhone 4 myself but I definately agree with this. After holding the S2 for a couple of minutes I always felt the iPhone screen is too small and has pretty large margins.

Larger screen sizes on cell phones are almost entirely a marketing gimmick. The Samsung displays less pixels (information) than the iPhone, it’s just stretched over a wider space which makes it bulky and barely able to fit in a normal pocket. Gimmick is the name of the game for Android phones though since there’s a new “flagship” phone released every 3-4 months so they have to find minutia to separate different models. 3D cameras, etc. Imagine having to make the release of a new model every 3 months look significant in the context of a smartphone landscape dominated by iPhone.

smartphones.jpg

Quote:
    Hoped the iPhone 5 would change this, but then the 4S came out. Apple, I am disappoint.

That’s how Apple does – one is a major release, the next iterates. It’s always been that way. iPhone 5 is coming in 2012, probably iPhone 4S in 2013, iPhone 6 in 2014, etc.

Quote:
    I also look to a lot of anime/podcast in the subway so having a big screen is my top priority and I think 4,3” is the best compromise.

That is true. Watching videos is the area where 4.3″ really shines.

Quote:
    which makes it bulky and barely able to fit in a normal pocket.

Did you ever have a Samsung Galaxy S2 in your pocket because that’s completely false ! That’s the 1st phone that I don’t even notice when I have it in my pocket ! Its very light and thin !

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Did you ever have a Samsung Galaxy S2 in your pocket because that’s completely false ! That’s the 1st phone that I don’t even notice when I have it in my pocket ! Its very light and thin !

Yeah, I’ve handled a few 4.3″ Android devices for an extended period of time. Saying it doesn’t fit in your pocket is an overstatement, but I feel that it’s too large. Maybe I’m biased though because with an iPad I really don’t want my phone to be in the middle ground. I want a phone and a tablet, not anything in between.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.