Chinese Girl Slapped by Foreigner

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionChinese Girl Slapped by Foreigner

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@emily,

Charlie has been very diplomatic in his response.He understands  that Chinese people have been thoroughly brainwashed and so unfortunately believe all the rubbish they read.Before sending anymore  stupid remarks it would help to read some English newspapers. Then you may also understand why Ed Snowden is a hero to many people. A Few months ago Charlie wrote that the Chinese have many redeeming qualities and I am still trying to think what these could be.

Participant

My 2011 news resolution was to never enter Shamcock again.   What a dick!!!!

if anyone ever catches me in the Shamrock, slap me too
    to death

LOL!! Me too. Then resuscitate me and slap me to death again. Repeat until heart fails to beat.

Too funny. Let’s band together and start an ironic newspaper that publishes headlines like this.

I would love to do this. I’ve been wanting to print up some wheat paste posters for a while along the same lines and slap them across Chengdu. Even if no one knows what the hell I’m on about it’s worth the shits and giggles to help retain my sanity.

Keymaster

@emily, Charlie has been very diplomatic in his response.He understands that Chinese people have been thoroughly brainwashed and so unfortunately believe all the rubbish they read.Before sending anymore stupid remarks it would help to read some English newspapers. Then you may also understand why Ed Snowden is a hero to many people. A Few months ago Charlie wrote that the Chinese have many redeeming qualities and I am still trying to think what these could be.

Oh absolutely. Among other things, Chinese people are practical, hard working, and very generous and friendly to foreigners especially. When I first came to Chengdu in 2005 I thought it was home to the friendliest people that I had ever met – people would approach me on the street and say hello with no ulterior motives, help me order food in restaurants, etc.

Years later I still think that people in Chengdu are among the warmest that you will find anywhere – it’s so easy to make new friends on the streets. China has incredible ambition, it refuses to stand aside and let the world develop around it – it’s actively pursuing its fate by working its figurative hands to the bone. That kind of zeal and determination is really endearing, and combined with Chengdu’s laid back nature, this place really has remarkable charm.

One thing you can say about Chengdu and China in general, there is almost no where on earth that is this interesting and challenging in terms of cultural mixup, industrial maturation, and urban development.

Aside from all the modern aspects of Chinese society, I think ancient Chinese society is remarkable as well. The cultural carryovers of that era of China, while in decline, are still really cool: kung fu, tea culture, calligraphy, poetry. I love that stuff.

With any place this dynamic comes a host of complaints. But in the end, there’s hardly any place that I’d rather be than Chengdu right now.

Participant

@Gavvie: your visa must be different than mine. The one I got doesn’t force me to stay.

Participant

thanks guys~~

many interesting comments 🙂

With any place this dynamic comes a host of complaints. But in the end, there’s hardly any place that I’d rather be than Chengdu right now.

I feel the exact same way, and I know someone’s paying attention anytime they echo these sentiments about Chengdu, and even China in general. There is a depth of charm that surpasses almost any frustration, of which I’ve had many since arriving almost 3 years ago. I personally would not trade being here for anything at the moment, I feel as though I’m barely started sometimes, and there are som many unique facets to Chinese life that to leave them behind would be difficult to justify. I’m about to embark on a new venture in Chengdu under a further 3 years commitment, and though I miss many other places I have lived in over the years, none of them have been as strong as China in their pull to keep me from moving. Of course as Charlie says, a huge part of this is the people, who continue to surprise me with their generosity and optimism constantly.

Wait… what was this thread about again? Oh yes, to death… Slap me to death repeatedly please if I EVER go to The Shamrock. No offense, but I doubt most people passing through there are giving too much time to cultural immersion, or heaven forbid a dose of humility for the privilege of being in a foreign country with so much to offer by way of experience. Instead: drinking pints, starting fights. Derp.

Participant

I full heartily agree with both Charlie and Brendan. Danny and I have talked about leaving China for about…well since we got here 8 years ago! However, we have not yet pulled ourselves away from this sometimes miserable place, but more often times most exciting place we have been. Sure culturally there are more stimulating places, but the highs and lows here keep us young and able to work 18 hour days running the Pug.

The small amount of Chinese friends we do have here puts this entire country in perspective for us. We are constantly reminded of the lengths our Chinese friends (actually are Chinese managers, Ada and Teresa) will go for us. They are our family here. They work side by side with us listening to our complaints (with a few of their own sprinkled in), but knowing we will laugh it all off at the end of ridiculously long day with a few strong drinks. And of course, Aiqing, who is always putting a more positive spin on things here for us! We love you for it and at the moment I am working on getting Danny to stay in Chengdu a bit longer. Help me out!

Oh back to the Shamrock…can’t hate on it too much as we stole our best server/manager Ada from there! Oops. And we do remind her frequently about her much better work environment….

Participant

WOOOOOWWW, SO MUCH INFORMATION !! Especially about The Pug.

Participant

I would rather choke a bitch than slap! Not a rape choke, too scary, but a rear naked choke, because it will look like ‘wrstlin.’.. Then drop her head first.. Did that once to a drunk douche while bouncing. Well.. Self defense, 4 dudes vs 2 bouncers.. So yea all chokes are self defense!

Keymaster

I would rather choke a bitch than slap! Not a rape choke, too scary, but a rear naked choke, because it will look like ‘wrstlin.’.. Then drop her head first..

Welcome back, man!

JerryS! JerryS! JerryS! JerryS! JerryS!

ALL HAIL THE RETURN OF JERRY S!!

YOU GOT QUESTIONS? JERRY GOT ANSWERS. NOT THE RIGHT ANSWERS OF COURSE, BUT HE GOT ‘EM.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.