Topless bar in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionTopless bar in Chengdu

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

A friend of mine linked me to this article earlier today, regarding a restaurant in Chengdu that has their foreign male servers walk around topless. The article was all about netizens reactions on Weibo, which were all exactly what you expect.

Does anyone know where this might be? I’d like to see this first hand, for…research purposes.

Participant

Just for the record, after my chinese female friend saw that article she was drooling :))))) Somebody hit just the right spot.

Participant

Sounds terrible man.. I’m awkward enough around obvious white-monkey jobs, this is like the ultimate white-monkey job. I hope they at least gettin’ paid well.

Someone should point out the location just so others know where _not_ to walk in if they’re actually hungry. 😀

Keymaster

Didn’t think this thread was about topless men. Disappointed.

My girlfriend showed me this on Weibo the other day and the first thing she mentioned was that it’s been re-tweeted tens of thousands of times but it didn’t seem to include information about the actual restaurant.

Participant

research about what? topless everywhere. just walk down the street, all of the men pulling down their shirts in summer.

Participant

Guys have been skipping pec days…and lats…and triceps…and quadriceps.
    Sorry, but it had to be said 🙂

Participant

Ah, this is just awful 😀

I’m equally disappointed Charlie.

Participant

Shanghaiist.com & other media got this pretty wrong; it was a pre-media event for the upcoming A&F store in IFS.

http://shanghaiist.com/2014/07/06/topless_foreign_male_model_waiters.php

Keymaster

Shanghaiist.com & other media got this pretty wrong; it was a pre-media event for the upcoming A&F store in IFS. http://shanghaiist.com/2014/07/06/topless_foreign_male_model_waiters.php

That makes a lot of sense.

Participant

Met some friends at this Chuan Chuan place for dinner at the weekend – great food – but yea as others said it was for A&F -and not a topless person in sight!

Participant

Were they the same dickheads walking around the Strawberry festival?  My wife informed me they now have an agent.  They have been getting work in various hot pots places  in Chengdu…  I see enough Chinese men with their tops of in my local restaurant.

Also their jeans look cheap…..

I find it funny that Chinese people would buy A&F, a luxury brand marketed towards outdoorsy, suburban, frat house Caucasians.

Well I guess if it’s luxury, that’s all that matters.

Keymaster

I find it funny that Chinese people would buy A&F, a luxury brand marketed towards outdoorsy, suburban, frat house Caucasians. Well I guess if it’s luxury, that’s all that matters.

It suits them perfectly, I find, just like American Eagle. Big logos = foreign prestige.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.