Until August 15…

HomeForumsIn ChengduUntil August 15…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Meaning that the pug will be back in business on the 15th or 16th? ;_; Poor me went to the pug on the day AFTER the last day it was open so I haven’t had my fix in a while. >_O

Keymaster

Yeah, I’m sure their business will be crackin’ again as soon as the Pug re-opens. According to their website it’s August 15th.

I know they’ve mentioned that they had trouble keeping it open while they were away before, but is it really that difficult to find competent management here?

I’d do it for burgers, chips, and salsa.

Brendan Burger.

Participant

@Ziich: i gets the impression that maintaining standards when the whipmaster is away can be tough. eg. Rice Plus. I’m a big fan of that place, go there often, but when el jefe splits, the no f**ks given quotient rises exponentially

Participant

I would assume its tough to keep open while away. Chinese customer service is like an oxymoron.

Participant

Hey guys, its Taco night at the Pug. I am there! I miss good food.

Just want to appolgize on how retarded i am about dates. 18th.. Nope, Pug reopened on the 15th.

Steak fajita.. hmmm, a meal fit for a king! Or a repressed skinny fat dude 🙂

Participant

OMG! Totally hitting that tonight.

I kinda spaced yesterday didn’t realize the pug is open again.

Ended up going to Hooters yesterday and I was really pissed because I came at 7:58 for the 2-8pm special. The bitchy waitress didn’t let me order it and when her manager finally came over she was like “sorry it’s 8:01”.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The bitchy waitress didn’t let me order it and when her manager finally came over she was like “sorry it’s 8:01”.

Hooters in Chengdu is managed as if it were a noodle stand. They have absolutely no idea what they’re doing.

Participant

It took them like 15 minutes to bring over Soda Water. When it arrived it was the Watson’s can. They probably literally walked to the Watsons next door to purchase it.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    It took them like 15 minutes to bring over Soda Water. When it arrived it was the Watson’s can. walked to the Watsons next door to purchase it.

– if you ask for water (which they don’t automatically bring you, even with hot wings), it comes in a coffee mug, every time. They insist that the clear plastic cups are for soda only

– sometimes you’ll be waiting for 30+ minutes for a hamburger even when there are 3 customers in the entire restaurant. One time this happened to me and I walked directly into the kitchen to confirm that nothing was even cooking

– the manager (a clueless middle-aged Chinese guy who doesn’t speak a word of English) likes to chill in a little room near the entrance and watch soccer streaming on the internet while chain smoking cigarettes. Sometimes he doesn’t even bother closing the door

– when Chinese Hooters girls dance, it is among the most tragic sights I have ever seen. They begrudgingly go through the lurid motions totally out of obligation, hating every moment of it, always to an overly-chipper hit from ages ago like Let’s Get It Started by the Black Eyed Peas. It’s just below a stripper crying on stage in terms of humiliating tragedy

I could go on but I’ll stop there.

I’ll be at the pug tonight, looking forward to it!

Participant

^ ahaahah! Totally agreed. The dancing was hilarious.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘In Chengdu’ is closed to new topics and replies.