US vice president visiting Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionUS vice president visiting Chengdu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is he coming to peek for 歼-20 fighter?

Keymaster

I doubt it’s for that reason since the J-10 is based on old, non-Chinese technology. Chengdu is an interesting choice though and I’m not sure why he’s coming here. It’s to meet Xi Jinping though (Hu Jintao’s successor) from what I’ve heard.

Participant

Simple, u know how reaction from Chinese public. Guess Mr.Vice coming for China buy US treasury bond; and vote for next president election from international support. But to my personal, visiting Chengdu is interesting, where does not involve in both two at all. Only known by key army force here….. 🙂

Keymaster

China will continue to buy treasury bonds regardless of what Biden says (and obviously it’s not some altruistic investment because we’re in debt, it’s to protect China’s own interests) .

Participant

i c

Participant

Huge police presence in Yulin this afternoon. maybe old Joe wanted to check out the world-famous Little Bar. Rock on Mr. Vice President!

I heard he is staying at the Shangri-la…He just missed the ladies night at Mooney’s

Oh, I also heard he is going to the SIchuan-Uni…Dude, it’s the summer vacation now…

Participant

he is not gonna stay in Shangri-la, but only his accompany. He and Xi Jinping (Hu Jintao’s successor) settle down in JinNiu Hotel, where only Chinese top politician stay there, this official hotel for Chinese government not absolute open for public but receiving Chinese leader visiting to Chengdu first.

Keymaster

It just took me an hour and a half to get into my office in Tianfu Software Park… Renmin nanlu was shut down for hours this morning as thousands of cars were completely gridlocked for miles in every direction. I asked a cop point black what was happening and he refused to tell me, but I think that Biden is leaving Chengdu this morning and the road being closed has to do with his transport out of the city. Epic traffic jam, though.

Participant

I still believe Chengdu rush hour cant compare with Beijing, Shanghai, cities in US, where those as famous as giant traffic jam. this mighty be welfare for Chengdu people…hehehe…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.