Vegetarian restaurant recommendation

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVegetarian restaurant recommendation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I will have friends over from Belgium during spring festival and two of them are vegetarians.

Can anyone recommend some good vegetarian/tofu restaurants?

I’d appreciate if you can add Chinese address if available too.

Thanks!

Lino

There’s an awesome vegetarian restaurant in Luomashi in the centre of the commercial area opposite Peoples Hospital. It’s inside the plaza up on the 3rd or 4th floor from memory, but it’s been a while since I went there. It has a nice modern decor, and serves very decorative and tasty dishes. It’s surprisingly up market for the area, and it wasn’t expensive when I ate there either.

Keymaster

One of the most famous vegan restaurants in Chengdu is inside Qingyang Gong. Good place to bring visitors.

Participant

@Brandan

I think you’re talking about the one on the 4th floor – a chain from Shanghai I think it is.. it’s pretty cheap and really good. It’s directly across from #3 hospital gate entrance, and there’s an Ajisen Ramen with good japanese style BBQ (cook your own on the clay coal pot style) across from it on 2nd floor. I second that recommendation, always loved it there.. I think it’s called Vegetarian Life or something in English, haven’t been in a while though. Recommend the faux black pepper steak, sweet and sour ‘pork’, green dan mian, and their ma po dofu is good too..

http://www.google.ca/maps?ll=30.670232,104.063962&spn=0.001213,0.001711&t=m&z=19

In this map link, it’s pretty much exactly where the “KTV” words are in the center of the map.

@Rick

Yes, that’s totally the place. I was really surprised at just how good it was.

Participant

Vegetarian Lifestyle. Whoever goes there, remains happy.

Vegetarian Lifestyle / 枣子树

4th floor Platinium City Building 2, 27 Qinglong Jie, Chengdu

成都青龙街27号铂金城2号楼4楼

(Luomashi/ Wenshu Subway station)

Phone: (028) 86282848

Participant

A Chinese friend took me to a Vegetarian buffet place which was a great experience. They also bake own bread sans eggs and milk. Buffet 15 rmb/pers, hot pot & buffet 30 rmb/pers. Its less then 10 min walk from Tianfu square. Do recommend it, good value for money!

时尚素食 名人生活, address 青年路67号属衣大酒店4楼 (几龙广场正对面), ph. 6243 3378

Might be tricky to find as it’s on the 4th floor of a hotel.

Participant

Ha-ha, when i took some ppl there was funny to watch disbelief on the faces of chinese friends when told this piece of ‘bacon’ is not meat

Participant

Othetwise http://www.happycow.net lists over 10 places in Chengdu. I’ve been to few, have always been good experience

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.