Vipassana Meditation Group

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVipassana Meditation Group

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I just realized there arent many people on the thread, so collecting interested parties is not so difficult. I would suggest Sunday evening then, 8pm? Would that suit your friends too, Charlie?

That sounds great, 7:30 or 8pm works.

Participant

Ok. 7.30 pm on Sundays starting from next Sunday 🙂 Charlie and Chris have my phone number. address is Niuwangmiao Xiang and apartment complex Rong Shang Fang building 3. Entrance to the complex is between the 9010 kiosk and Hong qi store.

Participant

I’m following up on this thread, new to the group. How did the group meditation go? Is there a little sangha perhaps forming?

I’m interested to meditate with this group. I have been meditating for about 6 years OFF and on – haha. Never done a Vipassana 10-day, though. Maybe I’ll get to go to one in Taiwan this May.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I’m following up on this thread, new to the group. How did the group meditation go? Is there a little sangha perhaps forming?

Nele has been making some preparations at her house so we didn’t meet last Sunday, but this Sunday it’s on. I’m going to Shanghai this weekend for a gig but I’ll return on Sunday so I’d say it’s 50/50 that I’ll make it this weekend. Regardless, I think it’s happening so you (and anyone else interested) should join this Sunday.

Participant

Can I join? Been looking for a suitable & quiet place to practice but not very successful. I may need a guide to lead me into the meditation (pre-meditation prayer/ song/ whatever). If that’s ok then Sunday 7:30pm at Nele’s place? 🙂

Participant

Of course, everyone interested in meditation is welcomed to join me on Sunday 🙂 The carpets finally arrived, too! But I suggest everyone bring a small cushion or pillow to support themselves while meditating, if they so wish, as the walls are very cold and it’s not good for your health. You can leave your cushions here so that you can use them the next time you come around for meditation!

Participant

okie! i dont have cushion for now.. i’ll wear thick pants haha. looking fwd.

Participant

This sounds great. Turns out I might not be available for the next 3 weeks. But if this Sunday works, I will come. I am very happy that this group is forming; it’s very comforting to know there are like-minded folks. Thanks, Nele, for offering to host!

Participant

Hi Nele,i am very interested in the meditation. I wanted to learn it for long time but never got a good opportunity to start. Do you mind a newbie join in? Thx!

Keymaster

I met a Tibetan/Nepalese meditation teacher today at the Bookworm who said he’d be happy to join this weekend and knows others who are looking for a meditation group. I will email him a link to this thread, but it would be cool to have an experienced person to join and offer guidance. I will email him a link to this thread, his name is Lucky!

Participant

Great news Charlie 🙂 no, of course not, everyone is welcome. I live in Rong Shang Fang 2, building 3 in apartment 2104 on Niuwangmiao Xiang (N. Alley) 5 minutes from the Niuwangmiao metro stop when walking towards Chunxi Lu and Hemp House, etc. The street has a large sign pointing towards it. See you all soon!

Nele & I had a great chat about all of this yesterday, and it’s peaked my curiosity about the potential of this group. I’ve used meditation and self hypnosis for almost 20 years and found it to be extremely helpful in a variety of situations. It’s even made it’s way into the gym when I’m moving high poundage. If I am free then I will come and join.

Participant

I look forward to seeing everybody tomorrow at 7.30 🙂 If anyone is still interested in coming, let me know and I will add you to the group PM 🙂

Participant

Just finished our first meditation group and it was a nice session! I definitely got a lot of mental support from sitting in a group and there will definitely be a new session next Sunday. If there is still interest from Vipassana people, then we can also have a sitting for it on Saturday. Please let me know! 🙂

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Just finished our first meditation group and it was a nice session!

Glad to hear that – I look forward to joining next weekend.

Participant

@Nele,

hi Nele, I wonder are you guys still doing meditation on weekend? I was in the discussion earlier in this year, but its a pity i couldn’t manage to join… Now i am really prepared to make it on the way..

looking for your reply..thx!

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.