Visa Processing Time Question

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVisa Processing Time Question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Recently I’ve been hearing that the “rush option” on tourist visas (and visas in general) in Hong Kong has changed from next day pick up to two day pick up.<

Does anyone know if this is true or is it still possible to file for the visa, rush service, on Monday afternoon and pick it up on Tuesday afternoon?

Any help with this would be realllly appreciated. Need to be outa the country by the 28th (and can’t transfer my current visa..sooo need to go pick something else up temporarily), and I’m trying to not stay in Hong Kong for a minute longer than need be. 🙂

Thank you!

H

Keymaster

I just asked a friend who returned from Hong Kong yesterday. I think next day service is still available. Here’s a link with some info.

Participant

When I was there in August the rush service was not available.

Next day was not available when I was last there in April this year.

Participant

I went to Hong Kong on a visa run last week. I was able to get rush service – I applied on Monday and was able to pick up my visa Tuesday afternoon.

Kind of a drag though – my visa application was through an agency here in Chengdu, and was to be for a 6 month business visa. Ended up only getting granted 1 month.. Heard things are more stringent for visa applications in Hong Kong..talked to a few people who’d applied for 6 month tourist visas who only ended up getting 1 month as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.