VPN Recommendations?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionVPN Recommendations?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Topic says it all 😉

Participant

https://getastrill.com/

it has loads of servers you can switch between, i think 70% of people i spoke to use astrill

Keymaster

Aside from Astrill (which is probably the most popular VPN), others I’ve used which work well:

Participant

Should you be in the “DU” for a short while, ASTRILL provedies a free 7 or 10 day trial period with no strinbgs attached.

Participant

I’ve been using express vpn, very happy with it.

30 day money back period if your not happy, no questions asked.
    plus you get 1 month extra for free if you use this link. (disclaimer: so do I)

https://www.expressvpn.xyz?referrer_id=8420355
    Participant

I’m a fan of Express since switching over from StrongVPN a while back using Slemmer’s referral, easy to use, can switch servers freely, allows separate phone/computer connections simultaneously, and no speed issues streaming say, youtube or whatever. Oh, they also don’t care if you ‘accidently’ leave your torrenting software open when connected, unlike Strong which will send you a DMCA complaint.

Participant

Hello! Hoping someone has a firm suggestion for a VPN that will work well for our needs… There are just too many to choose from! I am definitely going to check out Express, but please let me know if there is another solution or equipment we need to gather before departing the US next month.

My partner and I will be working in Chengdu for at least a year, and we want to be able to simultaneously use our MacBook, 2 iPads, and 2 iPhones within our home, and possibly while at work. Normally, I would just hook up an Airport router to share out a single IP, but I don’t know if that is possible in China via a VPN service. Some of them seem to indicate that in order to use multiple devices at once, you have to buy either additional accounts or specific routers.

I am very tech saavy and can handle flashing a router… I would love to hear from the Chengdu locals as to what VPN service may be best for us.

Thanks!

Participant

From personal experience I have had no problems with vypr vpn .. It connects really quickly and I’ve had no issues with it so far!  My boyfriend has been using express Vpn and has since started using vypr because we have found it to be more reliable for streaming etc.

This link offers you a free month also 😉

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn/refer-a-friend/get-a-free-month?ar=3f2j3ta6crtr1_1

Participant

Thanks! I am torn between Vypr and Express… Torrent anyone? How about when using on public wifi or on celldata with an iPhone? Any suggestions or experience with either? Much appreciated! I want to make sure we are prepared before leaving…

Participant

I use torrents all the time while using ExpressVPN.
    They never complain and the speeds are good, basically my full internet connection. Almost the same as without a VPN.

And also works well on my iPhone while using 3g.

Participant

Thanks j.slemmer! Express will do just fine… Thanks for the free month too!

Participant

According my experience of using vpn in Chengdu,  I’d like to say vpn.ac and senvpn all work good with more low price compare to Express. I did give Vypr VPN a try for a month but be not that impressed with it since I had to try many servers in list to get connected and then found the speed of it was low.

With vpn.ac I have got a decent connection speed when I watch Amazon Instant Video some times at about 340~430kbit/s. But if you want to download episodes with get_iplayer from BBS there is no lucky. I think the best benefit is that you can have 6 simultaneous connections under your current account.

Here is link to vpn.ac, you can find more information about it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.