Want To Buy: Used 22-24" LCD monitor

HomeForumsClassifiedsMarketplaceWant To Buy: Used 22-24" LCD monitor

• This topic has 28 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Avatar photoIan.
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Quote:
    Amiga? Those were Sega Genesis games where I’m from. Lemmings was on PC too, though.

These are probably popular games who have made a transition to the more modern platforms.

I’ve done a bit of research and even Warcraft 2 was on Amiga which later moved to Sega, PC and Playstation.

Participant
    Quote:
    Warcraft 2 was on Amiga which later moved to Sega, PC and Playstation.

Back up here. It wasn’t *released* for Amiga, then ported to PC………… it was released for PC, exclusively, and eventually converted to work under Amiga OS 4 (PowerPC). Amiga OS 4 wasn’t even developed/released until 2001, and Warcraft 2 is ’95.

Participant

I have a friend moving to Chengdu, where is the best place he can buy pc parts to build a computer for himself? Thanks. Tom

Participant

IMO one of the best size/price deals is the Hanns-G HZ281, 28 inch. I bought one on Taobao a long time ago for ~1800rmb brand new. I own 3 of them already. Probably not what you’re looking for if you’re in the printing/graphics industry, but GOAT screen for recreational use.

Here’s my setup:
    null

Keymaster

IMO one of the best size/price deals is the Hanns-G HZ281, 28 inch. I bought one on Taobao a long time ago for ~1800rmb brand new. I own 3 of them already. Probably not what you’re looking for if you’re in the printing/graphics industry, but GOAT screen for recreational use.

Too bad that monitor has a TN display and not IPS. Chris linked to one (I think in this thread) which was a 27″ IPS display for around 2200rmb I think. At that price it’s definitely worth it to pay a few hundred more and get IPS which is a superior display technology.

Participant

ZX81
    48k spectrum
    Commodore 64
    Sega megadrive
    Snes
    Dreamcast
    N64

Oooo the memories

Participant

Too bad that monitor has a TN display and not IPS. Chris linked to one (I think in this thread) which was a 27″ IPS display for around 2200rmb I think. At that price it’s definitely worth it to pay a few hundred more and get IPS which is a superior display technology.

Yeah it’s definitely not a new model. It’s been around for years. I’m just saying that if you want to maximize size and minimize cost, it’s definitely an interesting option. For our human eyes the technology doesn’t matter all that much (imo) if you’re just browsing the interwebs and messing around with some other stuff here and there.

Dreamcast

Oh mean I used to own a Saturn and a Dreamcast with a whole bunch of games, controllers, guns and monochrome LCD memory card… and sold it for like 300RMB alltogether when I was 18. WTF????

RE: “27? Apple Cinema Display for 3,300 yuan” I think that’s what our 42? 3D LED for the bedroom cost a couple months ago :D although Apple displays are fantastic, I’d rather a larger multipurpose TV!

This is what I ended up picking up:
    http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=25446684700&spm=a1z09.5.0.0.S4Om9K

I spend more time in front of my computer than I do a TV, so this was a better buy for me.  I got it for 1999 during 11/11 which is a pretty sweet deal in my opinion considering similar hi-res displays cost much more.  I used to run a dual monitor setup for many years but having one huge hi-res one minimizes the need to turn my head back and forth and is much more comfortable and convenient.

Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The forum ‘Marketplace’ is closed to new topics and replies.