we need to get our BBQ on

HomeForumsGeneral Discussionwe need to get our BBQ on

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Participant

so I am busy Sat. and its a bit early to plan a BBQ for Sun. But lord, wouldn’t it be great to have a fat BBQ one of these weekends?

Participant

I second a fat BBQ one weekend.

Participant

If its on a Sunday, sure. 3rd that (this one i might make it, as long if its during Sunday afternoon).

Participant

Sounds good to me!

Participant

i want go

Participant

Well. I could do it this coming Sunday, next Sunday I think I will be in Chongqing for an MMA event (I am taking on Anderson Silva…. again) …

So if this Sunday is too short of notice, lets just keep it in the back of our minds. And perhaps you all can organize one without me ;( and then we can do another one next month. Anyway, I have to pull out of organizer duties unless the Forum decides to do it the day after tomorrow.

Participant

oh and btw i mean an American style BBQ which means:

Necessary:

outside grilling (in a park, not outside Shinichi’s house)

mesquite laced BBQ sauce and pork ribs

awesome summertime music (boombox if possible)

Optional:

‘erb

phat booties

a gunfight.

Participant

Chongqing MMA, had to google that. Looks like Ruff 3 will be held there, how much are tix to attend (flight and what not)? Damn, miss being in the MMA scene, its always a fun adventure to be at these events (back stage i mean).

What time and place this sunday, if its possible?

Participant

I’ll get back to chengdu this Sunday night, I vote next Sunday.

Participant

It seems that Sasha is trying to make it this weekend. If no bbq, lets meet for brunch at pug.

I want to go the MMA event now. Emailing a few to see if they want to accompany me. Hopefully i can get the green light to meet some trainers.

Participant

i dunno you guys but i want hot dogs and burgers! D:< NOM OM OM OM

Participant

i am headed to brunch i think, we can make bbq nomnomnom plans there, if we all meet.

Participant

Heh i was there at 2PM. Im always a late person there…

Participant

But yea, there is a huge possibility that i might attend the MMA fight in Chongqing. Just have to book tickets in advance and meet up with a few trainers. Hopefully i get to be backstage, but fightnight is not a good time to be chatting with fighters.

Participant

Just came back from Chongqing, Ruff 3…

The production was great! UFC level quality! I did not expect this to be that high quality.

The fights it self, not so much. I thought there were 3 levels of MMA, A level (UFC level), B level (UFC wash outs/up and comers) and C level (local fighters trying to make it); now D level MMA fighters (which is essentially similar to C level but more ‘gym hero’ type and fight zero). China lacks good grapplers and has too many KO styles, which looks flashy but amounts to wasted energy and time in the cage. The only fights that were good quality were the last two fights. It was style vs style, and those fighters delivered. Then I went to the after party with the fighters, fun stuff!

Chongqing in itself is a great city. Allot of cultural monuments which gives it a great feel. The air quality was by far better than Chengdu (only there for 1.5 days, so had to base it off that). The women… Are vastly below in looks to Chengdu women! Me and my bud were scouting for beautiful women and barely seen any, day time and night. From my Chinese buds in the states, they tell me that Chengdu has the most hottest women in all of China! I did not want to believe him but now i am second guessing my original statement. Time to start learning Chinese, or Sichuan-ha!

Participant

Oh man, you should have let me know you were going … i missed out cuz my wife came back fri night and work interfered … my buddy dan shapiro could have hung out with you a bit. But this is a different thread.

BBQ!

We didn’t do it last weekend, but this weekend is perfect, Monday and Tuesday most people have off.

LETS DO THIS! BBQ on Monday or Tuesday!!! WHO IS IN!!!!!

Participant

would it be awkward if i came along? o.o;

Participant

I’m down. Location and what to bring.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.