Weather in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWeather in Chengdu

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

What is the weather and temperature next week? Should we still bring thick coats or spring coats would be fine? Thanks in advance.

Participant

Chilly but not bitter. Temperature is typically 9 deg C with a wind speed of 4 mph. You would be wise to dress for winter.

Bear suit.

Participant

Depends a bit where you’re from in my opinion.

I remember reading somewhere that the winters in Chengdu are bone-chilling, (might have been on this forum) but since I’m from the Nordic region, I’m used to -20C so what I’d call bone chilling is probably -30C. Hehe.

I’ve walked outside with only a T-shirt already just fine, but I’d still recommend having a normal coat. Doesn’t have to be a winter one in my opinion. (I don’t have one, I just use a typical thin coat if it’s very windy.)

But yeah, if your not used to the cold, prepare accordingly. I see most Chinese with pretty thick jackets still.

Participant

Since we will be coming from Singapore, we will be needing thick coats. Thanks guys.

Participant

This week the days in Chengdu are clear, I think spring coat would be fine.

Participant

This week the days in Chengdu are clear, I think spring coat would be fine.

Keymaster

It’s been very warm recently, a light jacket will do. The weather report says it’s going to get a little colder this upcoming weekend.

Keymaster

It’s been very warm recently, a light jacket will do. The weather report says it’s going to get a little colder this upcoming weekend.

Participant

Hi guys. Arrived a week ago and we are enjoying the weather (but not the pollution) so far.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.