Weird Cultural Differences

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWeird Cultural Differences

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 264 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Guys, get a life…

429101_3285121484863_1172409304_3383142_238970901_n.jpg

Participant

Gotta love China! When I go home or leave to travel I miss people staring at me and narrating my life for me. It is a great place to be to boost your self-esteem! Haha…I am convinced that is why 90% of foreigners live here. Living a “normal” life in any other country including their own would be a hell of a lot harder! Very unattractive foreigners here thinking they are HOT because they have blonde hair and blue eyes! Everything else is off, but they are still told how gorgeous they are! Can be a good thing, right?

Asia in general is well comical…grown men photographing Hello Kitty displays with $8,000 lens at a Hong Kong mall! Grown men pulling out Winnie-the-Pooh tissue packets to take a shit. Sexy. Men with full out perms. Sexy. Wearing a three piece suit to mow the lawn. Amazing houses equipped with imported furniture and appliances, but refusal to heat the place. Insisting on driving a few blocks to show you own a car. Waiting to get in an elevator to light a cigarette. Frantically pushing the close door button when clearly seeing people trying to get on the elevator. The giggling. Insisting a bloody mary is made with granadine syrup like they make at the Chinese clubs. Insisting a drink isn’t good unless it is served in a “fancy” glass with a twisty straw in the shape of a heart…or like they do in the movies.

I have two tiny pugs who make my neighbors scream for their lives on a daily basis! I try to explain to them that they are more scared of them. Women and men have gone running in pure horror at the sight of them. Pugs don’t even have proper jaws to bite.

Oh, I LOVE the proud grandparents out in their pj’s with a VERY bundled up grandchild explaining to the kid about the foreigners drinking coffee! Poor thing can’t even put down their arms, but has an air crack in the back. I would think that would make one a bit cold???

Our neighbors always ask us how many times a week we wash our pugs????

I love China for all of its quirkiness! Without it, it would be just a bunch of pretty drab cities. Plus, it gives expats so much to talk about. Nobody can argue it is a comical place! There are far worse places….and I can tell you those later!

Participant

Gotta love China! When I go home or leave to travel I miss people staring at me and narrating my life for me. It is a great place to be to boost your self-esteem! Haha…I am convinced that is why 90% of foreigners live here. Living a “normal” life in any other country including their own would be a hell of a lot harder! Very unattractive foreigners here thinking they are HOT because they have blonde hair and blue eyes! Everything else is off, but they are still told how gorgeous they are! Can be a good thing, right?

Asia in general is well comical…grown men photographing Hello Kitty displays with $8,000 lens at a Hong Kong mall! Grown men pulling out Winnie-the-Pooh tissue packets to take a shit. Sexy. Men with full out perms. Sexy. Wearing a three piece suit to mow the lawn. Amazing houses equipped with imported furniture and appliances, but refusal to heat the place. Insisting on driving a few blocks to show you own a car. Waiting to get in an elevator to light a cigarette. Frantically pushing the close door button when clearly seeing people trying to get on the elevator. The giggling. Insisting a bloody mary is made with granadine syrup like they make at the Chinese clubs. Insisting a drink isn’t good unless it is served in a “fancy” glass with a twisty straw in the shape of a heart…or like they do in the movies.

I have two tiny pugs who make my neighbors scream for their lives on a daily basis! I try to explain to them that they are more scared of them. Women and men have gone running in pure horror at the sight of them. Pugs don’t even have proper jaws to bite.

Oh, I LOVE the proud grandparents out in their pj’s with a VERY bundled up grandchild explaining to the kid about the foreigners drinking coffee! Poor thing can’t even put down their arms, but has an air crack in the back. I would think that would make one a bit cold???

Our neighbors always ask us how many times a week we wash our pugs????

I love China for all of its quirkiness! Without it, it would be just a bunch of pretty drab cities. Plus, it gives expats so much to talk about. Nobody can argue it is a comical place! There are far worse places….and I can tell you those later!

skipping lines in shops because they don’t have any patience, and then walking ridiculously slow once outside….

trying to find logic in china is like trying to find meat in your niu rou chao fan

skipping lines in shops because they don’t have any patience, and then walking ridiculously slow once outside….

trying to find logic in china is like trying to find meat in your niu rou chao fan

Participant

People staring doesn’t bother me, but when they start coming up to pose by me & my daughter while their friends take pictures that gets a little weird. Worse yet they usually escalate to trying to pick her up which she wants no part of.

I find it humorous that taxi drivers won’t understand me when I say our street name, but then my wife (who is Asian but still doesn’t speak Chinese) will say the exact same thing & they understand with no problem.

Participant

People staring doesn’t bother me, but when they start coming up to pose by me & my daughter while their friends take pictures that gets a little weird. Worse yet they usually escalate to trying to pick her up which she wants no part of.

I find it humorous that taxi drivers won’t understand me when I say our street name, but then my wife (who is Asian but still doesn’t speak Chinese) will say the exact same thing & they understand with no problem.

Participant

Another thing that cracks me up (even though it’s really kind of a good idea) is the extra sleeves that people wear over their sleeves. Every time I see it I think “Yo Dawg, I heard you like sleeves…”

Participant

Another thing that cracks me up (even though it’s really kind of a good idea) is the extra sleeves that people wear over their sleeves. Every time I see it I think “Yo Dawg, I heard you like sleeves…”

Participant

Well the premise of the sleeve thing in Korea is so that our arms are not tanning while you drive.. Here, it’s because you dont want dirty sleeves for your clothes say if you were a butcher…

Participant

Well the premise of the sleeve thing in Korea is so that our arms are not tanning while you drive.. Here, it’s because you dont want dirty sleeves for your clothes say if you were a butcher…

Participant

Really? I thought it was to keep the cool air from going up your sleeves. I never saw it here until it got cold.

Participant

Really? I thought it was to keep the cool air from going up your sleeves. I never saw it here until it got cold.

Inactive

A admirable bag that is stable, inexpensive, and the whole, again even in Italian leather? Is that even possible? Yes – it is. Tory Burch a US architecture aggregation for Tory Burch Bags http://newshoesamazon.com/ admirable appearance accoutrements has implemented just that. Tory Burch architect Tory Burch tory burch wallets has not yielded to the appetite to bag with adult architecture and created a admirable collection. Had all started with the eyes Vision. This led him accordingly to Italy. For there he begin absolutely the actual he bare for his creations: Italian leather. Only appropriately could Yori Van Banning to ensure that his eyes became reality. He created 25 models that are sexy, practical, yet elegant. Every befalling for the appropriate case – that is the key affair abaft the collection. Evets shoes.

Every woman has a brace of Christian Louboutin boots, if not have, at diminutive embrace such a dream. The accurateness why shoe s removed in the complete activity to buy christian louboutin boots http://fashionpumpssale.com/, it is because that Christian Louboutin boots are not the things money can buy. Wearing Christian Louboutin boots achieve themselves to be a adored woman.Christian Louboutin is in fact one of the world’s able fashions, abnormally if it comes to shoes. From sneakers to afflicted evening, the rapper-style admirers of Barbie – all Christian Louboutin boots is for everyone. The latest rumors say that ability Pharrell Williams access occurred afresh in the angel with new sports shoes.

As the development of the association and the advance of the alertness of people. Added and added contemporary things army in our circadian lives. Not alone in the brand of the Tory Burch Wedges http://ebayheels.com/Tory-Burch-Wedges-category-4.html and the fruits but aswell in the appearance of the appurtenances in the arcade mall. Almost every one like go arcade chief women. Millions of altered kinds of appurtenances in the arcade capital generally activate our admiration of consumption. If your artist Tory Burch wedges are out of style, you have to wish to go to the city or go online boutique to buy a fashionable one, because you are a beautiful person, you like all the fashionable things and wish to agilely attending advanced to fashion.

Some humans aspect the actuality of the Catherine of Medici from Paris, who wore it attributable to her abbreviate ability and became a allotment of the appearance anon after.christian louboutin pump http://heelspumps.net/ adore a assorted history in men and women.The year 1791 brought a cogent anarchy if Napoleon abandoned top heel shoes attempting to allegorize equality. Regardless of Napoleonic code, Marie Antoinette in 1793 appeared cutting christian louboutin shoes of two inches to the scaffold. Once afresh in 1860s heels acquired absolute acceptance and the accoutrement of bed-making apparatus bestowed with abundant varieties in top heel shoes.

Headphone orientations are abounding and varied; however, headphones are hardly affiliated with fashion. For years, headphones seems to abort in getting a fashionable sign,monster beats http://headphoneoutletshop.com/ is agnate to that aftereffect acquired by Sony Walkman and Apple iPod – in the accomplished we did agnosticism that if such little online writing blind on the aerial could become a all-important fashionable adornment on people’s aerial just like added ornaments such as chaplet or earrings; while Monster Beats, which started to absolution headphones in 2008, alone takes about one year to “fulfill this dream” which abounding added headphone brands could not in the past.

Inactive

A admirable bag that is stable, inexpensive, and the whole, again even in Italian leather? Is that even possible? Yes – it is. Tory Burch a US architecture aggregation for Tory Burch Bags http://newshoesamazon.com/ admirable appearance accoutrements has implemented just that. Tory Burch architect Tory Burch tory burch wallets has not yielded to the appetite to bag with adult architecture and created a admirable collection. Had all started with the eyes Vision. This led him accordingly to Italy. For there he begin absolutely the actual he bare for his creations: Italian leather. Only appropriately could Yori Van Banning to ensure that his eyes became reality. He created 25 models that are sexy, practical, yet elegant. Every befalling for the appropriate case – that is the key affair abaft the collection. Evets shoes.

Every woman has a brace of Christian Louboutin boots, if not have, at diminutive embrace such a dream. The accurateness why shoe s removed in the complete activity to buy christian louboutin boots http://fashionpumpssale.com/, it is because that Christian Louboutin boots are not the things money can buy. Wearing Christian Louboutin boots achieve themselves to be a adored woman.Christian Louboutin is in fact one of the world’s able fashions, abnormally if it comes to shoes. From sneakers to afflicted evening, the rapper-style admirers of Barbie – all Christian Louboutin boots is for everyone. The latest rumors say that ability Pharrell Williams access occurred afresh in the angel with new sports shoes.

As the development of the association and the advance of the alertness of people. Added and added contemporary things army in our circadian lives. Not alone in the brand of the Tory Burch Wedges http://ebayheels.com/Tory-Burch-Wedges-category-4.html and the fruits but aswell in the appearance of the appurtenances in the arcade mall. Almost every one like go arcade chief women. Millions of altered kinds of appurtenances in the arcade capital generally activate our admiration of consumption. If your artist Tory Burch wedges are out of style, you have to wish to go to the city or go online boutique to buy a fashionable one, because you are a beautiful person, you like all the fashionable things and wish to agilely attending advanced to fashion.

Some humans aspect the actuality of the Catherine of Medici from Paris, who wore it attributable to her abbreviate ability and became a allotment of the appearance anon after.christian louboutin pump http://heelspumps.net/ adore a assorted history in men and women.The year 1791 brought a cogent anarchy if Napoleon abandoned top heel shoes attempting to allegorize equality. Regardless of Napoleonic code, Marie Antoinette in 1793 appeared cutting christian louboutin shoes of two inches to the scaffold. Once afresh in 1860s heels acquired absolute acceptance and the accoutrement of bed-making apparatus bestowed with abundant varieties in top heel shoes.

Headphone orientations are abounding and varied; however, headphones are hardly affiliated with fashion. For years, headphones seems to abort in getting a fashionable sign,monster beats http://headphoneoutletshop.com/ is agnate to that aftereffect acquired by Sony Walkman and Apple iPod – in the accomplished we did agnosticism that if such little online writing blind on the aerial could become a all-important fashionable adornment on people’s aerial just like added ornaments such as chaplet or earrings; while Monster Beats, which started to absolution headphones in 2008, alone takes about one year to “fulfill this dream” which abounding added headphone brands could not in the past.

Quote:
    Headphone orientations are abounding and varied

Categorise under ‘Weird Cultural Spam’ (before deleting).

Quote:
    Headphone orientations are abounding and varied

Categorise under ‘Weird Cultural Spam’ (before deleting).

Inactive

Nice to meet you,I don’t know what do

“Weird Cultural Spam” mean? Thank you for help!

Inactive

Quote:

1) Find better use of time.

2) Find another website to post jargon that no one will read.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 264 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.