Western & Chinese Medicine

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWestern & Chinese Medicine

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Doctors, Hospitals & Medications: when a person sees the doctor, there are usually other people present. Would the doctor get rid of the others if I needed to expose some sensitive areas? Used up my stock of cough medicine for my wife and can’t get something similar.

Are there chemists with Western medicine? The medicine my wife bought for her flu (bronchitis) was a few bags with leaves and many other unpronounceables AND various insects, all to be boiled and the extract to be drunk like tea. I believe in leaves etc. As it is Biblical and most Western medicine is made of these….but insects?

I think China is way behind in this regard. All my forebears used this medicine. Makes me wonder who the first imbecile was to drink beetle juice?

Input from Chinese people would be especially appreciated.

Participant

I like the way when you describe a Chinese medicine “a few bags with leaves and many other unpronounceables AND various insects” That was funny indeed!

I used to have this boiled drink a few years ago when i had sore throat, it was working slow on me but less side effect than west medicine(doctor said).

I guess chinese medicine is not suitable for people who having disease like heart attack, it’s seem to be good for people Chronic illness,like stomach illness.

Participant

I like the way when you describe a Chinese medicine “a few bags with leaves and many other unpronounceables AND various insects” That was funny indeed!

I used to have this boiled drink a few years ago when i had sore throat, it was working slow on me but less side effect than west medicine(doctor said).

I guess chinese medicine is not suitable for people who having disease like heart attack, it’s seem to be good for people Chronic illness,like stomach illness.

Participant

Participant

The good meds will be in the pharmacy inside a hospital. Probably a different selection than your home, and I think it’s all prescription.

I think Sabrina’s has a few OTC meds from the US too.

Participant

The good meds will be in the pharmacy inside a hospital. Probably a different selection than your home, and I think it’s all prescription.

Participant

Participant

I am Chinese from Hong Kong. I have long history taking chinese medicines and I have studied a little about chinese medicine too. For sickness like coughing, sneeze, cold, flu… it generally does not require the use of any ‘insects’ but only some different ‘leaves’ or ‘plants’

Chinese medicine has a 5000+ years of history and is indeed very good and efficient. Only nowadays, it is not easy to find one real, genuiue chinese doctor that is good. So, in my opinion, unless you know one that is really good, it is better to avoid especially in China and for a westener who dont have the basic knowledge about chinese medicines.

Participant

I just wish to add that, prescription with insect may not be inappropriate cos it depends on the patiet’s inner/body condition. The doctor may include it for some other adjustment about the body that may help the patient recover quicker. My english is not good. I hope you can understand what I meant. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.