What to do in the evenings/weekends?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhat to do in the evenings/weekends?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hey there,

i just found this nice little Forum here and just wanted to ask you guys, if somebody has a clue, what I could do in chengdu if i have some time in the evenings ?

I am working for a big company and stayed about 35 weeks in 2011/2012 in chengdu, so i know the city a little bit.

But now, our project is nearly finished and i am the only one left from our departement. I leave next thurday, but till then, i have lots of timie in the evenings/weekends and i am honest: i don’t really know what to do here alone in chengdu.

Do you have some recommandation for this week? What is going on?

thanks a lot!

Keymaster

Hey Thomas,

I didn’t see this thread until now, but any of these places are cool to hit up in the evening:

The Bookworm (reading, drinks, food, etc)

Hit up a Spa (Herijun or Noah’s Ark)

Sichuan Opera is great if you haven’t been

Indoor Rock Climbing

Just a few suggestions.

Participant

Noah’s Arc was horrible. D: I like to go to Fu Cao near Leanna’s.

Keymaster
    Quote:
    Noah’s Arc was horrible.

What was horrible? I went with a small group and we had a blast.

Participant

the spa thing was weird, the food was meh, soooo much smoking inside, the arcade was bad, movies were all chinese. i guess we may just have different ideas of “a good time”. horses for courses!

Keymaster
    Quote:
    the spa thing was weird, the food was meh, soooo much smoking inside, the arcade was bad, movies were all chinese. i guess we may just have different ideas of “a good time”. horses for courses!

Fair enough – I’ve only been once and caught the buffet just before it closed, and the arcade was closed when we got out of the spa. It looked awesome though, they have so much stuff there. As much as your average arcade, except everything is new. Only one person smoking inside when we were there and I didn’t watch any movies. The actual spa part was great since they serve you cold water but the only downside was there isn’t a cold pool of water like at Herijun.

Anyway, I think the spa is a great winter activity in Chengdu and one of the standout cultural features of China in general along with massages.

Hey,

many thanks for your answers.

Unluckily (or luckily!) i flu home yesterday, so i can breath unpoluted air again 🙂

but anyway, if you have a got idea, i’ll try in April, when i’m bakc in Chengdu.

best regards,

Thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.