Internet Service & Speed in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInternet Service & Speed in Chengdu

• This topic has 200 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoPk_c.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    Participant

there you go, you need to make sure the image url you post has a ‘.jpg’ at the end to your actual image.

i think the link you had was http://postimage.org/image/m28pmp5bv/ which is a link to a webpage that shows the image. not the image it’s self.

I right clicked in that page and ‘saved image url’ and got http://s17.postimage.org/ive632kvz/ADSL.jpg which as you can see is a little different (ends .jpg) and works.

hope that makes some kind of sense :

Participant

on your actual connection. I don’t know, you’re results look very similar to mine. it’s a 4 mb connection? I pay 70 RMB per month.

I’m pretty happy with it. it’s fine for browsing/skype/email. of course you have to wait for movies to download.

maybe it’s different to what you’re used to? what is it not doing you’re expecting it to do?

you don’t mean facebook and youtube right?

Participant

Thank you Brave for your suggest about upload images.

I pay 420 rmb for 6 months, so maybe is a cheap line… I have some problems when in must use Skype and browsing in internationl web-page.

…and I can’t use my StrongVPN to Italy because is too much slowly.

Participant

About image link, in my two post before, i used JPG extension with IMG button (and not URL button) but still don’t work… Maybe is a problem of PostImage, which service you suggest for upload images?

Keymaster

The image is too wide to post here anyway. I changed your image links and made them into normal links that open in a new browser tab. Aipu is really sub-standard internet service here though, I would avoid it. Telecom or Unicom is most reliable.

Participant

Perfect! Thank you for suggest…

Participant

Today it’s a little better:

2164431674.png

2164432664.png

Participant

I am 170km outside Chengdu half way up a mountain and using a 50 mbs wifi connection. The Internet costs ¥79 a month for 120GB. While 4M would cost ¥120, but they said up the mountain it won’t really be 4M anyway.

2174651594.png

While here is my speed test from my pc in Beijing:

2174647624.png

Participant

I am 170km outside Chengdu half way up a mountain and using a 50 mbs wifi connection. The Internet costs ¥79 a month for 120GB. While 4M would cost ¥120, but they said up the mountain it won’t really be 4M anyway.

2174651594.png

While here is my speed test from my pc in Beijing:

2174647624.png

Participant

Interesting 50Mbs connection for 79rmb/month! Which company?

…about images upload, before I used “png” extension without problems…

Participant

Interesting 50Mbs connection for 79rmb/month! Which company?

…about images upload, before I used “png” extension without problems…

Participant

About my provider Aipu Sichuan Network I can say that for 70rmb/month it’s ok, but too much unstable!

TEST OF 31-08-2012

2151484734.png

TEST OF 07-09-2012

2164432664.png

TEST OF 12-09-2012

2174742994.png

Participant

About my provider Aipu Sichuan Network I can say that for 70rmb/month it’s ok, but too much unstable!

TEST OF 31-08-2012

2151484734.png

TEST OF 07-09-2012

2164432664.png

TEST OF 12-09-2012

2174742994.png

Participant

no, not the 50mbs connection, I was trying to explain my wifi network was proper slow on this old laptop. The Internet is only 120, GB I presume.

Participant

no, not the 50mbs connection, I was trying to explain my wifi network was proper slow on this old laptop. The Internet is only 120, GB I presume.

Participant

I’m downloading Guildwars2 right now. I get the same speed (approx) with and without VPN up, which is great – usually VPN is a little slower, so right now I’m downloading at ~650KB/sec while watching youtube without cache issues 😀

Not bad China Telecom, not bad! (8mbit home fiber)

speed.jpg

Participant

I’m downloading Guildwars2 right now. I get the same speed (approx) with and without VPN up, which is great – usually VPN is a little slower, so right now I’m downloading at ~650KB/sec while watching youtube without cache issues 😀

Not bad China Telecom, not bad! (8mbit home fiber)

speed.jpg

Participant

Sorry “yesmaybe” I read wrong… if you’re 54Mbs wifi signal is strong, important is your line speed… for example, I have a 300Mbs wifi router but in the internet searching sometimes still to be slowly because I have an unstable 4Mbs ADSL.

You can use full data badwidth (for me 300Mbs) in a LAN transfer, if i send some files pc to pc…

Maybe your ADSL line is a 2Mbs so I understand you are angry!

I’m waiting China Telecom like you Rick, but this company said to me that I live in an old building and I must wait…

Participant

Sorry “yesmaybe” I read wrong… if you’re 54Mbs wifi signal is strong, important is your line speed… for example, I have a 300Mbs wifi router but in the internet searching sometimes still to be slowly because I have an unstable 4Mbs ADSL.

You can use full data badwidth (for me 300Mbs) in a LAN transfer, if i send some files pc to pc…

Maybe your ADSL line is a 2Mbs so I understand you are angry!

I’m waiting China Telecom like you Rick, but this company said to me that I live in an old building and I must wait…

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 201 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.