Internet Service & Speed in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionInternet Service & Speed in Chengdu

• This topic has 200 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoPk_c.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just speedtested my ‘upgrade’ from China Telecom, results are as follows:

2321706441.png

Participant

Mine usually maxes out around 200-400 kb/s with torrents and I pay around 100RMB per month.

Participant

Really lovable speed… someone can help me to find China Telecom number? have english support?

yea rick, what upgrade are you talking about? still on ADSL i’m guessing, but what did you have to do to get them to upgrade it

Participant

It’s not ADSL. It’s Fiber. The reason the receipt says ADSL is it is listing the “current” and the “new” connection – in their system it still listed me as being on an ADSL connection.

The upgrade I’m talking about is I have been using the 8mbit fiber connection since July, and when I went to enable/buy the unit for iTV, they had 20mbit and 100mbit connections in a little sheet on their desk. I asked how much it would be to upgrade my connection to 20mbit and 100mbit respectively – they said 20mbit is the same price (that’s when I was like, wtf…well, upgrade me :D) and the 100mbit is ~600+/month.

EDIT: Here’s the link to the CT location I went to.

http://maps.google.ca/?ie=UTF8&ll=30.633585,104.061081&spn=0.001466,0.00239&t=m&z=19&vpsrc=6&iwloc=A&q=China+Telecom&cid=2986223713098333091

Keymaster
    Quote:
    The upgrade I’m talking about is I have been using the 8mbit fiber connection since July, and when I went to enable/buy the unit for iTV, they had 20mbit and 100mbit connections in a little sheet on their desk. I asked how much it would be to upgrade my connection to 20mbit and 100mbit respectively – they said 20mbit is the same price (that’s when I was like, wtf…well, upgrade me :D) and the 100mbit is ~600+/month.

600rmb is a lot but I would pay that in a heartbeat for a 100mbit connection in Chengdu.

hmm any idea how to go about seeing if it’s available in my area? and how much does it cost for the 20 mb line (same price doesnt help) and also, how do i go about doing all this without speaking chinese 🙁

Participant

@Nick

Thought I mentioned it – it’s 169rmb for their monthly package, includes 1 iTV, 8mbit/20mbit fiber (I guess depending on availability at your complex), and 3 sim cards/phone #s for China Telecom use..

@Charlie

I’ll upgrade the moment I start working again 😀

oh sweet…thanks! any idea how i can contact them (in english) to ask if they would work in my complex here? I’m not sure if they will since it’s about a 5 year old apartment building. any idea how new places should be to expect this available?

Participant

@Nick

I doubt it’s purely based on how new a place is. It would also likely depend on how the rest of the city is building out – like for example if they have a high-value target for rolling out fiber, like a new office building area or whatever, then likely the fiber roll-out to neighbouring residential complexes would just happen. They’d also likely take into consideration the road work happening all over the city, as I guess it’d be easier to access and roll out new cabling when the streets are already dug up along whatever route. In the same sense, the “vote” thing, I doubt it really means much – as in – if 50 people at a complex vote to have it rolled out there, they likely look at areas on a more macro perspective in terms of “these X complexes in Y radius all express interest, it’s a higher-value roll-out than Z area).. the first thing you can do is either get someone who speaks Chinese to call 1000 and ask via phone, or head to their office and ask there if it’s convenient enough.

Participant

Ok, I checked, but I’m unlucky. Company said that my building it’s too much old, so for now can’t provide me fiber.

not as unlucky, but still not quite a leprachan…they haven’t run it thru my area yet (tongzilin). but this is starting to feel like a dealbreaker to me, so anyone else interested in a new roommate and a new area to live?

Quote:
    not as unlucky, but still not quite a leprachan…they haven’t run it thru my area yet (tongzilin).

I live on Tongzilin nan lu and my apartment complex is in the middle of being upgraded right now. Fiber has been run to the complex junction box, but not to each building yet.

oh singapore gardens? or european gardens?

Participant

Fantastic! “not as unlucky, but still not quite a leprachan…”

I live on Xinkay road in Jinjian district,I hope early in a fast line…

Nick – dropped you a PM re: fiber in tongzilin

Participant

Heh, I live right next to that very China Telecom office. They tried to get me to upgrade a few months ago and I was dubious as to whether the 20M line would be any better than my current rated F+ 2M line. Maybe I should check it out!

2322156650.png

Participant

Ok, for me the big problem is the infrastructure, the palace where i live is too much old.

I don’t like use Usb Internet Key but someone know about flat package and some price?

Thx

Participant

…my ADSL parameters are ok? I think so, but if someone can give me a confirm…

WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON WITH INTERNET SPEEDS LATELY!?

It’s better today, but my internet has been playing like a flux capacitor shy of all teh gigawatts.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.