Where Can I Buy an N64?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere Can I Buy an N64?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been looking in computer city already but no results there. Also taobao has some hits but only in the secondhand area. Problem is lot of things need to be bought seperatly. Looking for a N64 with 4 controllers and Mario Kart and Super smash bros. Anyone know a secondhand place in the Du that might sell this? Any experience with taobao secondhand deals?

Keymaster

I’ve bought things second hand on Taobao before, no problems so far. I really doubt you’ll be able to find a new-in-box Nintendo 64 at this point! It came out over 15 years ago. I feel really old now.

Keymaster

I’ve bought things second hand on Taobao before, no problems so far. I really doubt you’ll be able to find a new-in-box Nintendo 64 at this point! It came out over 15 years ago. I feel really old now.

Participant

You can get an emulator for the wii

Participant

You can get an emulator for the wii

Participant

I dont need a new one but id like to get something from 1 seller. At taobao ive to purchase from 3/4 sellers in order to get the package i want mentioned above. N64 is old school fun, thats why i want it. Also with the cold days coming up. 😀 But you dont know about any secondhand gameshop or maybe a shop that buys stuff from people and sell it again in their shop?

Participant

I dont need a new one but id like to get something from 1 seller. At taobao ive to purchase from 3/4 sellers in order to get the package i want mentioned above. N64 is old school fun, thats why i want it. Also with the cold days coming up. 😀 But you dont know about any secondhand gameshop or maybe a shop that buys stuff from people and sell it again in their shop?

Participant

Just get a wii you can get four game cube controllers. I have all to the old N64 games on a Usb stick. Also all the wii’s are modified so you can download all the games for free.

Participant

Just get a wii you can get four game cube controllers. I have all to the old N64 games on a Usb stick. Also all the wii’s are modified so you can download all the games for free.

Participant

I still think Golden Eye for the N64 was the best computer game ever made. Mario Kart a close second.

Participant

I still think Golden Eye for the N64 was the best computer game ever made. Mario Kart a close second.

Participant

In my experience, I often reminisce about some old games – but when I actually start playing most of them, realize it was just the memories as opposed to the actual games 😀 I did recently play/beat SC2, though..

It’s kinda like – I think back, “Man..that movie, Dark Crystal, it was the coolest movie I saw back in the day. I need to find it.” — finds it — “… What the f….was I thinking.”

Participant

In my experience, I often reminisce about some old games – but when I actually start playing most of them, realize it was just the memories as opposed to the actual games 😀 I did recently play/beat SC2, though..

It’s kinda like – I think back, “Man..that movie, Dark Crystal, it was the coolest movie I saw back in the day. I need to find it.” — finds it — “… What the f….was I thinking.”

Participant

Great David Bowie… and play games haven’t ages! so maybe you can find the new console on TaoBao or 360buy…

Participant

Great David Bowie… and play games haven’t ages! so maybe you can find the new console on TaoBao or 360buy…

Keymaster
    Quote:

Definitely one of the best multiplayer games of all time. I think Goldeneye was the first 4-player shooting game of that style, so much fun. Everyone who picked Oddjob was cheating, though.

I see that they’ve released Goldeneye again on Xbox 360 and PS3 but none of the remakes captured the magic of the original. Maybe it was because the game design was so ahead of its time. Having an actual N64 would be pretty incredible, I haven’t even seen one in ten years.

Quote:

Does it run other emulator games as well? SNES, etc?

Participant

You can run Loads of emulators on the wii Home emu all the wii’s in computer city are jail broken. You can also play online which is something you can’t do with a jail broken Xbox.

Participant

The N64 probably never saw any traction in China. Really, only the PS2, newer handhelds (DS, PSP and beyond), and current generation of consoles have had any real presence over here, despite still being technically illegal. You’d have more luck going to Hong Kong or looking on Taobao. Outside of some party heads’ kids, I doubt anyone has had one in China that didn’t bring it over from somewhere else.

You ain’t gonna find it at a second-hand shop, is what I’m sayin’

You might find one of those iQue things which is basically a controller with an N64 emulator and a bunch of preloaded N64 games, but I don’t think that’ll serve the purpose you want.

Here’s a bunch of N64’s on taobao, I couldn’t find smash bros for it though. A lot of Melee and Brawl, though!

Participant

I bought an N64 of Taobao secondhand page today. Got the console + two controllers, mario kart and a random game he gives away for free for 300 kuai.

It has always been a dream to own a N64 myself. Back in the days i’d always play at friends houses cos i couldn’t afford one myself. Nostalgia came back up and finally time has come, can’t wait for the winter to come up.

Quote:
    Does it run other emulator games as well? SNES, etc?

A SNES would have been sick aswell, but probably much harder to buy since I’d only want a SNES if it comes with Duck Hunt + the pistol.

Can’t wait for it to arrive. Will keep you guys updated !

Keymaster
    Quote:
    I bought an N64 of Taobao secondhand page today.

Awesome!

Quote:
    A SNES would have been sick aswell, but probably much harder to buy since I’d only want a SNES if it comes with Duck Hunt + the pistol.

You’re thinking of the NES. The SNES had Pilotwings, Super Mario Kart, and F-Zero.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.