Where can I buy this sweater?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere can I buy this sweater?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been looking for this vest for quite some time now but I can’t seem to find it. I’ve seen numerous people wearing it though. One said u could only buy it in Shanghai (also didn’t find it over there), and one said he got it off taobao. No luck there either, maybe I’m doing something wrong.

Could someone tell me where I can buy this in Chengdu, or help me find it on taobao or something?

The brand is MEIHUA, I’ve been told it’s a copy of the official Beijing 2008 olympics sweater from Nike.

Here it is:

mei-hua-pai-vintage-style-china-character-sports-wear-77608.jpg

mei-hua-pai-vintage-style-china-character-sports-wear-d021c.jpg

Thanks for any advice

Keymaster

A quick search on Taobao for “中国奥运会茄克” yielded this: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4404114978

Not very cheap but looks much higher quality than the Meihua one you describe. I’m pretty sure you can find exactly what you’re looking for on Taobao though, you just need to try different keywords.

or you can go to the TopCity (di yi cheng) on Chunxi Road. i think it’s on the fourth or probably the fifth floor.

then you can find a store which looks really “red” if u know what i mean. they sell things what chinese people call the antiques from the glory times lol you will find this sweater there.

actually have you noticed that some people wore them to the Zebra?

Participant

Thank you Charlie for the tip! I’ve seen that one before indeed and it probably is better quality, but I prefer the color combo of the Meihua one. I thought taobao worked equally well if u searched with English keywords lol. Guess not 🙂

And thanks seanyuan as well, that shop is definately plan B.

Lol yea about the Zebra, funny story: I saw a Chinese guy wearing it, I went over to him and asked (I can’t speak Chinese) “Where did u buy this??” and I pointed to the Meihua logo. He just looked at me as if he’s seen a ghost, I repeat my sentence and started laughing because he clearly didn’t understand what I was saying. And then he just took it off and gave it to me hahaha. I was like “no no no” and he said “free! free!”. Only in China, right? 😀

Then a friend adviced me to try it on, and obviously it didn’t fit since I am almost 2 meters tall haha. Still had a good laugh though.

Participant

lmao….

“free!free!” how communist lol

congrats vincent

dang it’s so cheap!!!!

Keymaster

Bingo!

Well done 😀

Are there any prints on the back ?

Participant

Nope

hey there i can help you to find that sweater if you want to….lily

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.