Where Can I Find Baijiu Fermenting Pots?

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere Can I Find Baijiu Fermenting Pots?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I used to live in CQ and saw them all the time there. Haven’t seen any here and I want to brew some beer in ’em. Anyone know where I can pick some up?

Cheers.

Keymaster

I think any decent size market in Chengdu will have these, I’d check out Qingshi Qiao in the SE of Chengdu or Hehuachi (the gigantic market) in the North. Shouldn’t be too hard to find this, although you will have to seek it out and probably won’t just stumble on it.

Participant

Thanks Charlie. It turned out a lot easier than I thought. I went to the tiny distillery across from my house and they’re having one delivered. Talk about service!

Participant

Is this different from a pickling jar? I’d love to know how this turns out. Will trade homebrew for homebrew.

And how’s that little distillery?

Participant

Distillery is okay. They sell a lot of flavored baijiu. I’d love to trade home brew for home brew. I ended up getting a clay barrel that holds about maybe 20 gallons of brew. It isn’t the preferred method of fermenting beer, but I want to try it out anyway and see how it works. Probably start cooking tomorrow!

Participant

That’s a good amount to start with. Are you planning to just siphon into bottles when it’s done?

If you need something smaller (in a pickling jar style) there are available locally. I have seen them down to about 1 gallon.

Participant

Perhaps this pottery workshop is still making them: http://www.douban.com/note/49228685/

Participant

I’ve just visited the TongZhi Long Yao (Tongzhi dragon kiln) in Yongxingzhen, south of Chengdu. They make a large variety of all kinds of pots, including glazed pickle pots (the ones you can close air-tight with a lid sitting in a rim filled with water) in various sizes. If you pm me I can send you the contact details and directions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.