Where do you find teaching work in Chengdu

HomeForumsGeneral DiscussionWhere do you find teaching work in Chengdu

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve just moved to Chengdu and I am looking for teaching work here. I have eight years teaching experience in China and I’ve just moved back. I have been searching the job sites and I keep finding jobs for Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Beijing, but Chengdu doesn’t seem to have many postings. As big as Chengdu is I’m sure there are lots of English language schools. I do realize this is not the best time of year to be finding a job, but nevertheless I still need one. Hope someone can help.

Andrew

Participant

gi’me a holler, Andrew. surely i can use a hand or two.

Participant

Thanks Vic, PM sent.

Actually, there are many job opportunities in Chengdu.However, many postings are on Chinese websites.I guess that’s the reason why you can’t find.

The most popular website for jobs in China is http://www.51job.com/.I guess you can easily find jobs there.

BTW, I am looking for part-time English teachers for kids.

Vacancies: 5

Pay:Above 100 RMB/class(40mins)

Requirements:

Native speaker

Be patient with kids

Helen’s Teaching Class for kids

If you are interested,please contact:15528361872(Helen),and send the resume to [email protected].

Participant

you know that spamming isnt the best way to get your message across, right?

Participant

Dude, teaching jobs are falling out of the trees here. if you dont have too much pride, and not lazy, go to door-to-door, just rock up to universities or schools and give your resume. Guaranteed, one or two will call you back, if not immediately, then shortly after. If you can’t find a gig here, that means you’re not looking seriously. Lotsa foreign teachers here, but schools invariably struggle to find long-term reliable ones. Also, your learning curve will be steep; you’ll quickly distinguish the good schools from the sketchy ones. Enjoy man. Best job in the world….

You don’t even really have to “look” for teaching work per se. It finds you. Everyone knows someone that’s looking for teachers. As soon as I formed a small network here, people were offering me teaching jobs every other week.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.